Thread: Could not get camera to connect to browser

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

Could not get camera to connect to browser

Hi;
    A few days ago, I was applying for a credit card from Synchrony Bank.
    The process reached the point where the bank needed me to verify my ID by going to a website and using my phone's camera to take a 5 second video of my face, and photos of my ID.

I was using Firefox on my Moto G7 Optimo Maxx Tracfone with Android 10.
    I kept getting the message that I needed to allow use of my phone's camera (I don't recall the exact wording of this message).

I was first attempting to connect using my home's secured WiFi, but when it didn't work, I turned on mobile data, but that didn't help.

I also tried using Chrome, but the same thing happened.

When I talked to a customer support person (at the bank) she was not at all helpful in getting me through this problem.

Any ideas of what I might need to do in my phone's settings to allow camera for this sort of thing?

Thanks
    Ultrarunner

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am trying to understand your question. Normally, you take a picture/video and then attach it to an email or send it as an MMS (Multi-media message) to the recipient. You shouldn't expect a bank rep to know how to attach photos as it is not part of their training or responsibility, that's on you. If you cannot do it from your phone, you might have to go to a local branch for assistance.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    In this particular case, the website wanted the video & photo to be taken directly - no e-mail or MMS.
    The problem was that my phone's browser (Firefox or Chrome) could not access the camera. Perhaps it's as simple as opening settings and going to the app and giving it permission to the camera.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrarunner2015 View Post
    Hi;
    A few days ago, I was applying for a credit card from Synchrony Bank.
    The process reached the point where the bank needed me to verify my ID by going to a website and using my phone's camera to take a 5 second video of my face, and photos of my ID.

I was using Firefox on my Moto G7 Optimo Maxx Tracfone with Android 10.
    I kept getting the message that I needed to allow use of my phone's camera (I don't recall the exact wording of this message).

I was first attempting to connect using my home's secured WiFi, but when it didn't work, I turned on mobile data, but that didn't help.

I also tried using Chrome, but the same thing happened.

When I talked to a customer support person (at the bank) she was not at all helpful in getting me through this problem.

Any ideas of what I might need to do in my phone's settings to allow camera for this sort of thing?

Thanks
    Ultrarunner
    This is the first time I have heard of this.

Try going in the browser app settings and turn on permission for the camera. It is off by default for my Opera and Chrome browsers.