Thread: Why do smartphones become slow over time?

Feedback Score

Why do smartphones become slow over time?

Why do smartphones become slow over time? I watched several videos about smartphones and apps and how to use devices from one of the channels on YouTube and often enough mention of smartphones becoming slow after several months, was made. Devices either need to be replaced after a couple years or the user needs to reset the current device and start over.

WHY? Is it because of files and information go out of order and the smartphones cannot be defragmented? Components wear out?

Carrier(s)
    Truphone
    Feedback Score
    I've used a lot of different phones and I have never noticed this. I don't watch videos on my phone, use Facebook or use many apps, so maybe that's why.
    Since I started using a GPS I really miss the old-fashioned road maps. I always enjoyed folding them up correctly.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just like home computers, over time cell phones start slowing down as new files/data is added. Could be anything from security/OS updates, new applications/updates, music files, stored pictures/video just to mention a few causes. Keep in mind that over time, most applications get bigger with new updates and most cell phones have a limited amount of storage. You can always do a system restore to recover some resources. Also phone hardware can slow down with age. Take your pick as there are many causes and this is nothing new.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    One reason is people don't reboot their phones at least once a day to clear apps in the background & other benefits.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Just like home computers, over time cell phones start slowing down as new files/data is added. Could be anything from security/OS updates, new applications/updates, music files, stored pictures/video just to mention a few causes. Keep in mind that over time, most applications get bigger with new updates and most cell phones have a limited amount of storage. You can always do a system restore to recover some resources. Also phone hardware can slow down with age. Take your pick as there are many causes and this is nothing new.
    I agree. Backing up and then resetting a phone every so often is good. Even starting fresh can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk