Thread: Goodbye. Thanks For The Memories LG.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 7 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score

Goodbye. Thanks For The Memories LG.

Sad day today as LG announced it is leaving the mobile phone business to focus on other things. They haven't made a profit in years and feel that it is in their best interest to focus on other things. They will keep offering support for a while, but the phone division will officially shut down on 7/31. I always loved the quality of the LG phones that I had, and felt that they could have stayed around longer had they taken on people like OnePlus in the budget and midrange price categories instead of trying to compete with Apple and Samsung in the flagship categories. I can't speak for everyone, but I will truly miss having LG in the smartphone game.

Feedback Score
    So sad.... I had several of their phones and it was of a good quality. I even saw their new LG Wing phone which looks fantastic. A bit expensive in my opinion but maybe I will buy it at the end. I just need to sort some issues in my property in Rome and after I will see if I have extra money left so I can buy it.

Name:  hero-1.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  16.0 KB

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wrong forum. Should be under Android. Mods, please move the thread.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using HoFo mobile app
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Since this thread is specifically about LG, seems a good place for it.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    But this is a subforum for Feature/dumb phones. What is then the purpose of the LG subforum under Android / Hardware?

A while ago frail mentioned that there will be a redesign of the forums, specifically because people keep posting about smartphones in the wrong subforum.

Carrier(s)
    Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    I jumped on Google's offer to trade-in my Nexus 5X. Glad I got rid of that turd before it suffered the inevitable bootloop of death. My Nexus 5 was a much better phone overall.
    Pixel 4 on Google Fi

Feedback Score

Goodbye. Thanks For The Memories LG.

LG made great phones. They were usually well built etc...
    It seemed like they had their share of issues though with the OS, cameras and batteries.

I used to say if you buy an LG there will be probably one thing they forgot and left out, like the camera or battery. But this was kind of normal for Android back in the day, until Samsung upped its game to compete directly with Apple.

One exception to all this was the T-Mobile G2X and the G4. Those were solid phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biluno View Post
    So sad.... I had several of their phones and it was of a good quality. I even saw their new LG Wing phone which looks fantastic. A bit expensive in my opinion but maybe I will buy it at the end. I just need to sort some issues in my property in Rome and after I will see if I have extra money left so I can buy it.

Name:  hero-1.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  16.0 KB
    I finally got it and I must say it is very comfortable for navigation in the car and for typing messages. Very interesting and practical phone

Device(s)
    Iphone XS Motorola G7 power and Optimas Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    My mother last phone before she got an IPhone 7 was a Lg expression plus. It was the last phone that I unlocked directly from Att. She was using it on Family Mobile. She ended up getting a text or a letter saying the expression would not work at the beginning of the year. At Christmas my father got her the IPhone. She hates it. I wanted to get her a LG journey for mother's day or her birthday. Since LG is out of the phone game it looks like a bad Idea.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    But this is a subforum for Feature/dumb phones. What is then the purpose of the LG subforum under Android / Hardware?

A while ago frail mentioned that there will be a redesign of the forums, specifically because people keep posting about smartphones in the wrong subforum.

Yes, we've considered merging the phone forums into a single section. It's been a long time coming and I'll revisit the discussion with the other admins to see if we can't get it done soon.

For now, I think this thread is okay here, since they'll likely be merged in the near future.