Thread: Changing Plans

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto G LTE, Samsung Rugby Smart Nokia 6010
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Changing Plans

I am currently on a 1GB Mobile share plan with 1 phone. I have auto pay/paperless billing and Veterans 15% discount.
    My usual data use is around 300Mb per month since i have HS internet at home and the few places i go during the week have internet available for FREE. I use a VPN at those places.
    I am retired and this summer i will be taking a 2 month vacation traveling in the RV around the US. I am considering moving to the Unlimited Extra plan for 1 phone as i see this will give me the extra data connection i think i would need. I cannot tell the difference between SD and HD video and have no need for HBO Max, so upgrading to the Unlimited Elite would be a waste of money, in my case.
    I don't have a 5G capable phone and unless my current S7 craps out, i wont be getting a 5G capable phone anytime in the near future. The S7 is the right size and serves me well.
    My billing period starts on the 6th of the month and before when i changed plans i could specify the change at the new month start date to avoid the proration on the bill. Is this still available?
    Also, will the Veterans discount(now 25%) and auto pay/paperless billing remain in place after the change or will i have to redo them after the change takes place?
    Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

James in Texas

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I suggest that you do an online chat with At&t customer service or go to a local retail location to verify what, if any, changes would happen with your current cellular plans/features or discounts before making any calling plan changes
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto G LTE, Samsung Rugby Smart Nokia 6010
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Did a chat and they said if i changed my plan today(6th) before 5 PM there should be no proration. Will see.
    I changed to the Unlimited Extra and the plan summary sent shows the Military discount and the AutoPay discount carried over.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Probably related to your billing cycle. By changing the plan effective the day after your current cycle ends (12:01 am) prevents prorated charges. That is the preferred method of plan changes to avoid confusion. Glad to hear that you checked first.