Thread: Email app, like the one from AOL (or others) - need incoming and outgoing configurations?

Feedback Score

Email app, like the one from AOL (or others) - need incoming and outgoing configurations?

My attempt at a we search for this did not give me much focused.

If one wants to download the AOL email app, and use it to setup with or create AOL email account, on android smartphone, will the app setup the incoming and outgoing server information? Or must I find these data before hooking the AOL email account to the AOL app on the smartphone?

Same question if for Yahoo app and a Yahoo email account.

If it were just for Gmail email using the Gmail app, seems like no need to give outgoing and incoming server information ( have not seen this included in any YouTube demonstration videos on this setup ).

Feedback Score
    I don't know about AOL but the Yahoo app I didn't need to do anything except download it. It's been awhile but I'm sure I didn't have to do any kind of server configuring on my phone like you need to do for an email app on a computer. It shouldn't be any different then any app where you do a sign-in like a banking app etc. There's mobile versions of their sites even if you just go to them from your browser and not a dedicated app. That's what I usually do anyway.

Feedback Score
    AOL recommends using the AOL app which has an icon for mail usage from the home page.

There are mail apps that may access the AOL servers for mail, but you would have to configure it.

Feedback Score
    I am only guessing that if I use the android AOL app, and either create AOL account in the app or add an AOL (already existing) to the app, that I would not need to put in the server (outgoing & incoming) information. The question is really, is this the correct guess?

Feedback Score
    That's correct if you use the providers (AOL or Yahoo's) email app. If you use the generic email app on your phone you may need additional steps. Just download the provider email app when you can and try it.