Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Next Uncarrier Announcement: April 7th

Name:  IMG_0056.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  99.4 KB

What: T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) will announce what’s next for the Un-carrier and how the company will continue to deliver on its commitment to 5G for All.

When: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 - Webcast at 8:00am PT (11:00am ET)

Who: T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert along with other T-Mobile executives

Where: Get all the details during a webcast at https://t-mobile.com/uncarrier. News materials and an on-demand replay will be available on the T-Mobile Newsroom shortly after the conclusion of the presentation at https://www.t-mobile.com/news.

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/un-car...ext-un-carrier

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Good, this will be the first one I will have "tuned in" for, I hope. Thanks for this post.

Feedback Score
    well the last few have been meh and they've already announced new plans and their partnership with Google. So unless this a re-hash of those I'm not sure what big exciting thing they can offer.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    What does 5G give the average customer that they can get from 4G? LTE?
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Personally.. I suspect that they'll be promoting something like MLB TV with YouTube and some tickets to a live game. Effectively freebie with push of TV package.

Sent from my IN2017 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    As a customer with a device... Not a whole lot 99% of the time. As far as "faster speed" it doesn't mean much where I am currently. It's effectively a method for carriers to increase capacity so they can sell more services. In congested areas... It'll help. In rural areas - when deployed with backhaul, it'll mean better streaming. Outside of that... Newer handsets, more expensive plans with more services.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Time will tell, but it's mostly marketing right now. In general, things have improved a bit, but I don't think 5G has much to do with it yet. It's like a better video encoding standard for video, but how many people are still watching standard def and when will HD really look like HD? Maybe when 4k catches on.

Having been on 5G/NR, with mostly NSA since December, there are still too few n71 sites and much more importantly, n41 sites for NR to matter just yet.

Something else I will add is that my phone shows the 5G icon when there's an anchor LTE site available, regardless of whether it's even connected to NR (and it almost never is... and may not even be in range). That's my biggest disappointment so far with "5G," and how is the average consumer going to know they really are using NR? My phone shows 5G a lot when there's no hope of getting anything from even an n71 site. Relatively few LTE sites in my area can't be anchors yet.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, TMobile
    Feedback Score
    HINT = Home Internet
    Nokia 5165> Nokia 6160> Nokia 7120>Nokia 6820> Motorola V600> Motorola V500> Motorola V551>Nokia 8290> Sidekick II>Motorola Razr>Nokia 8800>Nokia 8800 Sirocco Black>LG Prada>Nokia 8800 Sirocco Gold>Sidekick III>Tmo Dash>BB 8320>BB 8820>iPhone>Tmo G1>BB 8220>BB 9530>BB 8900>MyTouch3G>BB 9630>BB 9550>Google Nexus One><BB 9700>Google Nexus One>BB 9780>BB 9810>BB 9900> HTC One S>HTC One S BLK> Nexus 4> Samsung Galaxy S4> iPhone 5s>iPhone 6>iPhone 7>iPhone X>iPhone Xs Max>iPhone 12 Pro Max

Feedback Score

Next Uncarrier Announcement: April 7th

Quote Originally Posted by RazMonster View Post
    HINT = Home Internet
    Just signed up for TMo 5G Home Internet with the new 5G tin can router. I hope I don’t miss a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It’s not about what it can give at this moment, it’s really not made for this moment, it’s about what it will lead to. When 2G arrived it ushered in the sms/mms age and changed the way we communicated, 3G showed up and it ushered in the smartphone and app era, again changed the way we communicated, LTE brought in the stream at any time era over your phone, it changed the way we used our devices. With each iteration, people always said “why do I need it, I can use my phone just fine now”.

Feedback Score
    I think 5G is OK, but with so much of the country still with 0G on T-Mobile (areas with 4G/LTE on the "duopoly" carriers), I'd rather see the company focus more on adding coverage than making already very fast areas even faster.

Yeah, vast area of the lower 48 that under T-Mobile hasn't even made it to the "When 2G arrived..." step mentioned in the above comment.

They are moving in that direction, but aren't there yet.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I think 5G is OK, but with so much of the country still with 0G on T-Mobile (areas with 4G/LTE on the "duopoly" carriers), I'd rather see the company focus more on adding coverage than making already very fast areas even faster.

Yeah, vast area of the lower 48 that under T-Mobile hasn't even made it to the "When 2G arrived..." step mentioned in the above comment.

They are moving in that direction, but aren't there yet.
    I understand and agree that there are areas where Verizon and at&t offer coverage and T-Mobile does not, but, it’s not in “much of the country”. No numbers support this. Verizon has 33 million postpaid accounts, T-Mobile has 26 million postpaid accounts, if “vast areas” of the lower 48 were not even covered, this wouldn’t be the case. I guess one could try to argue that “people pay less on T-Mobile so they put up with it” numbers don’t back this up either. T-Mobile averages $133 per account and Verizon averages $120 per account. People on average are paying more to be on T-Mobile than Verizon. The great thing about hyperbole is it can be easily disproven with numbers. Numbers don’t lie, people on the other hand……

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think it's not so much as T-mobile having 'No' coverage across much of rural America as having usable coverage in many areas. Paper thin rural coverage with high speed at certain locations and poor/unusable in between doesn't make for great service. Do I think that this will improve... Sure. Do I think that Neville and team are hyping service in rural America that really isn't all that... Yes. Tmobile is still primarily focused on urban/suburban affluent areas and where those people travel first, as they make up the bulk of the revenue and customers.

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    Neville Ray recently tweeted about delivering good news to the marketing group:

“Met with @TMobile’s whole marketing group yesterday and I must say, I LOVE giving this team good news to work with #Largest #Fastest #Nationwide5G #5GforAll”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmccull View Post
    Neville Ray recently tweeted about delivering good news to the marketing group:

“Met with @TMobile’s whole marketing group yesterday and I must say, I LOVE giving this team good news to work with #Largest #Fastest #Nationwide5G #5GforAll”
    "nationwide 5G"( it lowband )is useless regardless of carrier. Wake me up when T-Mobile deploys n41 here it's probably be around the same time at&t and Verizon deploys mid band here. I other words YEARS. Unlike T-Mobile, Verizon and at&t have plenty of 4G spectrum deployed here where I live.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast