Thread: Voice vs Data Coverage map

Device(s)
    iPhone 12
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Voice vs Data Coverage map

Ive been looking at switching phone companies and looked at US Cellular and see that in some places im interested in, in rural WV the coverage map shows coverage for data but not for voice... anyone know if this is accurate? id have data but no voice coverage? this is in and around Harmon, WV

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Possibly indicates there's no 1x coverage. If you have VoLTE you should be good to go.

Sent from my moto g stylus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 (US Cellular), 10.5 inch iPad Pro (Sprint)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Actually, in Harman, WV, the service there is roaming. So you may not be allowed to sign up for service, and if you are, you would be roaming. If you would like native service in Harman, you should either go with AT&T or T-Mobile. I am not sure who you have now. I would not personally recommend T-Mobile though if you ever do much traveling in WV around the central region of the state. Much of that is still US Cellular LTE roaming and will be until Sprint is fully combined into it. I live in Beckley and I can confirm that with the T-Mobile phones I've seen. I have US Cellular personally, but what you get in Harman will be roaming.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pappy232 View Post
    Ive been looking at switching phone companies and looked at US Cellular and see that in some places im interested in, in rural WV the coverage map shows coverage for data but not for voice... anyone know if this is accurate? id have data but no voice coverage? this is in and around Harmon, WV
    I used to do a good bit of traveling through WV for work and from what I have seen AT&T is pretty much the king in WV.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 12
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatheronthe8s View Post
    Actually, in Harman, WV, the service there is roaming. So you may not be allowed to sign up for service, and if you are, you would be roaming. If you would like native service in Harman, you should either go with AT&T or T-Mobile. I am not sure who you have now. I would not personally recommend T-Mobile though if you ever do much traveling in WV around the central region of the state. Much of that is still US Cellular LTE roaming and will be until Sprint is fully combined into it. I live in Beckley and I can confirm that with the T-Mobile phones I've seen. I have US Cellular personally, but what you get in Harman will be roaming.
    Thank you! I had xfinity mobile which uses Verizon, I ended up going with AT&T as of yesterday, thanks for the replies though everyone!