Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 10GB Bonus Data For Life At Walmart

Feedback Score
    I did have a question about this I have heard people on att prepaid when they ported in a number after getting the bonus data their promo disappeared but if I activate a line on this then port my number later I’m not likely to lose the promotion correct? I remember the print saying as long as plan stays active you won’t

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A51 5G
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well I just ported my number to my Verizon prepaid account. It was just done 2 days ago. Anyone have any ideas for me on how to get this deal since I am so new?

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2448 View Post
    Well I just ported my number to my Verizon prepaid account. It was just done 2 days ago. Anyone have any ideas for me on how to get this deal since I am so new?
    Did you read the requirements to get this deal? Porting your number to VZW prepaid does you no good unless you also activate a new line of service with a 15GB plan that you activate at Walmart with a Walmart purchased SIM card or smartphone.

Requires a new line with a 15 GB plan on a phone or SIM card purchased at Walmart. 10 GB bonus data applied each month after activation for as long as line remains active on the 15 GB Prepaid plan activated at Walmart.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A51 5G
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That is what I am going to do. I will buy a new cheap phone, SIM card and 1st month card. After that is activated I will put that SIM in my current phone. Register it and all should be good on the new plan.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    After that is activated I will put that SIM in my current phone. Register it and all should be good on the new plan.
    What are you going to do with the 2nd line you must activate? The extra 10GB bonus data is tied to that newly activated line/number, not the SIM card. Are you planning on giving up the number you ported into Verizon prepaid?

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So say you buy the SIM from Walmart. Don't activate it. Ask chat to update your sim to the Wmt one. Then see what happens on renewal. If not tell chat your sim is from Wmt and you want extra 10gb. I think I did this on the old plan when it was only 1gb and it worked

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A51 5G
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here is what I ended up doing. I just went into the store. Told them about the promotion. The manager got on the phone with his contact and said it was easy. I upgraded to unlimited for $60 a month. After 9 months I will be down to the $35 he told me.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Here is what I ended up doing. I just went into the store. Told them about the promotion. The manager got on the phone with his contact and said it was easy. I upgraded to unlimited for $60 a month. After 9 months I will be down to the $35 he told me.
    Confused... How is upgrading to unlimited and this deal related? If you are unlimited you dont need 10gb bonus data.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I upgraded to unlimited for $60 a month. After 9 months I will be down to the $35 he told me.
    I don't see how that's possible. Unlimited is $65/month unless he was assuming the $5 discount for auto-pay.
    After 3 months you get a $5/month discount. After 9 months you get another $5/month discount for a total discount (including auto-pay) of $15 after 9 months.

That means you will be paying $50/month for your plan, not $35/month. The "manager" told you a story.

See for yourself:

https://www.verizon.com/prepaid/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    I don't see how that's possible. Unlimited is $65/month unless he was assuming the $5 discount for auto-pay.
    After 3 months you get a $5/month discount. After 9 months you get another $5/month discount for a total discount (including auto-pay) of $15 after 9 months.

That means you will be paying $50/month for your plan, not $35/month. The "manager" told you a story.

See for yourself:

https://www.verizon.com/prepaid/
    Rick2448:

After you talk to this manager again, please post back with the outcome. Thanks.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm really curious if anyone figured a way to get the 10gb bonus and maintain the loyalty discount on the same line

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2