Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hello Mobile ?

Feedback Score

Hello Mobile ?

What are people's experience with Hello Mobile in terms of service and customer service?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by analogman View Post
    What are people's experience with Hello Mobile in terms of service and customer service?
    I replied to your other post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I'm not sure how helpful it will be, but there's a Hello Mobile thread a little bit down the page that you can read: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...6-Hello-Mobile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I replied to your other post:
    Thanks, but the thread does not appear to have reviews of Hello Mobile.

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm posting to the main Hello Mobile thread, but will put this in here.

Had the service for my husband for over a year now.
    When he was on Sprint, it wasn't so good, so we ended up taking his old T-Mobile phone over once they started shipping T-Mobile SIM cards.

Other than the fact they ship fully activated SIMs, which left him without a phone till the SIM arrived - luckily it was only 5 days. I've seen them take over a week for shipments to arrive.

After that, the service was as good as his previous T-Mo service. CSR's though are not super knowledgeable. They try to help, but seem limited to what they can do and mostly stick to a script.

Otherwise the service is actually pretty good. No real complaints here.

I am now finishing up my first month on a family plan with him now, and no complaints from me either. Get better service and speeds than I did on Tello/Sprint.
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    I'm posting to the main Hello Mobile thread, but will put this in here.

Had the service for my husband for over a year now.
    When he was on Sprint, it wasn't so good, so we ended up taking his old T-Mobile phone over once they started shipping T-Mobile SIM cards.

Other than the fact they ship fully activated SIMs, which left him without a phone till the SIM arrived - luckily it was only 5 days. I've seen them take over a week for shipments to arrive.

After that, the service was as good as his previous T-Mo service. CSR's though are not super knowledgeable. They try to help, but seem limited to what they can do and mostly stick to a script.

Otherwise the service is actually pretty good. No real complaints here.

I am now finishing up my first month on a family plan with him now, and no complaints from me either. Get better service and speeds than I did on Tello/Sprint.
    Thanks for your comments. I would be happy to receive comments from others with the same or different experiences.

Device(s)
    LG Google Nexus 5x, Samsung Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Hello Mobile
    Feedback Score

On month two

Buy 1st month, 2nd month free. I ported out of Ultra Mobile to Hello Mobile. I had all my correct information and after I entered it on my laptop to activate the port took 2-3minutes! Setting up the phone was a bit of a pain. Hello Mobile has a unique Mobile Network display name that is "Home". Caused a little confusion to me thinking it my own Home network. Instructions supplied was Sprint oriented, I had to call in for help. All the bad reviews seemed to be with the old Sprint SIMs. My experience is that it is no different than any other T-Mobile prepaid I've had experience with T-Mobile legacy prepaid, Lycamobile, Mint, Ultra. So far so good no discernable difference. Now to see if the auto-pay I signed up will work on month 3 going forward. The service is as cheap as I could find for my use.

Feedback Score
    My experience hasn’t been good at all. Unable to get any signal/data. There are several other users experiencing the same issue. It appears to only be with iPhones on iOS 14. Unlike other MVNOs I’ve used, Hello Mobile’s customer service is a joke. I’m going to port out my test accounts if they can’t resolve the no service issue by Wednesday (not holding my breath).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Null_user View Post
    My experience hasn’t been good at all. Unable to get any signal/data. There are several other users experiencing the same issue. It appears to only be with iPhones on iOS 14. Unlike other MVNOs I’ve used, Hello Mobile’s customer service is a joke. I’m going to port out my test accounts if they can’t resolve the no service issue by Wednesday (not holding my breath).

Part of this issue might be Apple's Fault. From what I've read on Reddit, Apple does not support Hello Mobile/PWG and therefore the APN Settings do not auto-propagate from the SIM - since it is not certified for use in iPhones. This seems to be true for a lot of smaller MVNO's or anyone not on this list:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204039#usa

Tello is in the same boat right now too, had the same exact problem with my iPhone after migrating to T-Mobile on Tello.
    The Sprint MVNO's were all covered under Sprint since they were all Sprint branded SIMs.
    It appears Sprint Wholesale was treated the same as Sprint Prepaid.
    The Sprint Prepaid division included wholesale, but all carriers used Sprint/Boost SIMs.
    Just they could be provisioned to not have a network name (which explains why Tello phones said Sprint or in my case "Moto" as the network when I had the Moto e4.)
    Which may also explain why Sprint MVNO's like Hello Mobile had to have soft/hard data caps less than 25 GB (even Boost had it) where speed was slowed or shutoff entirely - depending on what Sprint's system decided. (Which could also explain the issues with Hello "Unlimited" where the TOS originally stated 15 GB cap.)
    Since MVNO's were all under Sprint prepaid using Sprint SIMs, it seems they could not be put on a lower priority than Boost, so Sprint instituted hard caps.
    It did also mean you could not port the number from a Sprint MVNO to Sprint Post paid either.

There is a fix by manually changing the APN Settings:
    https://support.hellomobile.com/apn/
    There is also a thread in the Hello Mobile sub reddit that had apn settings that works. Just having trouble finding it right now.

One of those should work. May need to remove the SIM and reset network settings without the SIM first, then reboot and insert SIM, then enter the APN.
    Last edited by jmac32here; 02-23-2021 at 05:46 AM.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for your time and information. Unfortunately, the APN settings provided in that link are for Android.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Null_user View Post
    Thank you for your time and information. Unfortunately, the APN settings provided in that link are for Android.

APNs are the same for all platforms. The menus for editing vary but the actual values do not. The only fields that are actually required are:
    Name: Hello Mobile
    APN: hellomobile
    MMSC: http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
    Leave everything as at its default value which may be blank.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I’ll try this and report back.

Feedback Score
    "It did also mean you could not port the number from a Sprint MVNO to Sprint Post paid either."

Just for the record, many years ago I was able to convert my Virgin prepaid # to a Sprint Postpaid.

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepaidforever View Post
    "It did also mean you could not port the number from a Sprint MVNO to Sprint Post paid either."

Just for the record, many years ago I was able to convert my Virgin prepaid # to a Sprint Postpaid.
    That's good to know, but apparently in recent times - it's been a point of contention where Postpaid was like "but you're already one of our prepaid customers" for quite a few who wanted to port to Sprint post paid.

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    APNs are the same for all platforms. The menus for editing vary but the actual values do not. The only fields that are actually required are:
    Name: Hello Mobile
    APN: hellomobile
    MMSC: http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
    Leave everything as at its default value which may be blank.
    There may be a needed entry from Apple in some "Profile" field though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular, FreeUP Mobile, FreedomPop; Formerly Truphone, Google Fi, T-Mo Prepaid Gold Reward
    Feedback Score

Hello Mobile ?

Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    There may be a needed entry from Apple in some "Profile" field though.
    Generally there is now no way to manually edit an APN on iOS, unless the carrier specifically provides it. More typically a configuration profile is downloaded and installed, and the one I've seen (Freedompop) is not editable.
    Last edited by Mr. D.; 02-24-2021 at 05:16 PM.
    Trying to come up with some sort of signature line...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast