Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 11

Feedback Score

iPhone 11

Do I understand correctly that I can use a iPhone 11 with Tracfone... I’m currently using a Pixel 3 XL with Tracfone/Verizon. I’m wanting to buy a used iPhone 11 Pro to try... never had an iPhone although always used iPads. I’ll have to watch for a good price so could take a couple of weeks or longer.
    Last edited by mike2874; 02-15-2021 at 10:12 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon - Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've had numerous iPhones on TF my wife and I currently have two XR`s on it.

Love it when my friends ask how much I pay a month for my plan..............and I say about $7-10

I use Swappa to find good deals.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Dan good to hear that!

I use Swappa too I’ve always received mint phones at great prices and their inventory for sell changes hourly so just have to keep an eye out.

Feedback Score
    Could some clarify this for me. I’m looking at a iPhone 11 for sale on Swappa and someone stated that Verizon now locks their phones for 60 days is that correct?
    Last edited by Serial Port; 03-10-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Locked or unlocked I've used Verizon iPhones on TF Verizon without issues.

Have a Verizon iPhone 7 that is now on a TF AT&T sim

Feedback Score
    Ok thank you!

When I get it can I go ahead and set it up before I put in a SIM and transfer service?
    Last edited by mike2874; 02-27-2021 at 08:34 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I've done that with my last 3 iPhones, but the way I do it would be a little different than what you will probably do. Having only had iPhones I backup my current phone and then transfer everything from icloud to the new one.

I did have a iPhone 6 that had to have a active sim to set it up don't know why but that was the only way I could get it to work.

Feedback Score
    Thanks I’ll start a new thread for that!

Feedback Score
    I've had multiple iPhones on TFW Verizon for years. Most were purchased as used through Swappa as off-contract Verizon. In the last year, I've purchased 2 new unlocked 11's direct from Apple and activated them on TF VZ with no issue.

I took an old 6S bought used from Swappa and used on TF VZ for a few years direct to a Verizon Wireless store to transfer my home land line and VZW accepted the IMEI into their system w/o issue.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    One neat thing about the newer iPhones (like the 11) is that you can use a physical SIM and an eSIM. Something like a TracFone SIM for your primary service and DENT on an eSIM for your data may be a neat combo. The 11 Pro is a very nice phone and a great choice. Be sure to check on the battery health percentage. 80% is considered exhausted and unless a battery replacement is factored in and it's still a good deal, I'd aim for at least 90% battery health.

I've used my T-Mobile family plan (eSIM) and TracFone (physical SIM) for years on iPhones - currently a 12 - and it's a seamless experience. Apple has a nice selection of refurbs https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/iphone which have new batteries, cases, and screens along with a 1 year warranty just like a new phone. Might be worth checking out. Paying a little more and having a factory warranty and new battery may be worth it!
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 12 Pro eSIM; Samsung A32 5G
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 12 Pro dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]; Cricket: iPhone SE 2nd gen
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    One neat thing about the newer iPhones (like the 11) is that you can use a physical SIM and an eSIM. Something like a TracFone SIM for your primary service and DENT on an eSIM for your data may be a neat combo. The 11 Pro is a very nice phone and a great choice. Be sure to check on the battery health percentage. 80% is considered exhausted and unless a battery replacement is factored in and it's still a good deal, I'd aim for at least 90% battery health.

I've used my T-Mobile family plan (eSIM) and TracFone (physical SIM) for years on iPhones - currently a 12 - and it's a seamless experience. Apple has a nice selection of refurbs https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/iphone which have new batteries, cases, and screens along with a 1 year warranty just like a new phone. Might be worth checking out. Paying a little more and having a factory warranty and new battery may be worth it!
    I purchased a iPhone 11 Pro on Swappa yesterday and should have it shortly. I went back and forth between the 11 and 11 Pro and still don't know if I made the right decision but guess time will tell. I'm in a situation that. It was all about the size for me coming from a 6.3" Pixel 3 XL that phone was just too dang big for me and didn't know if going to the 6.1" would be noticeable difference or not... so got the 5.8" Pro. Just wasn't able to go to a store and view either phone in person so was going by reviews?videos. By the way the 11 Pro has 92% battery Health.

I've heard of eSIM's but don't really know how they work.

How does the Apple trade-in program work say in a year I feel the 11 Pro is too small and I want to trade it in for a iPhone 12? How much money difference are we likely talking about?

Is this how I proceed to getting the 11 Pro on Tracfone:

1. Download the Move to iOS app on my Pixel and then follow the instructions on Apple's website for moving apps & data.

2. I have a Tracfone "Keep Your Own Smartphone SIM Kit" so I install it and then call or chat to get my account moved over.

Do I have the above correct?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I don't want a tiny phone but the XS/11 Pro size is perfect. I went with a 12 and am super happy, also got a 12 mini for another line and it's a little small but a good option. eSIMs are basically just a virtual SIM, works just the same as a physical SIM. Your service is tied to it and you can have more than one eSIM installed so it's pretty nifty if you travel a lot, especially abroad.

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in is where you can value a trade in. Might be helpful to price out an XS, since that'd be the equivalent of your 11 Pro a year from now. You won't get much in trade in value unless there's a promo going on. Best to sell it privately and purchase a new iPhone.

I've always had Androids (still do) but my iPhone has always been a separate line so I've never transferred anything. This link https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201196 looks like it shouldn't be hard. But yes, then you'd chat (preferably) to get your service moved over.

Feedback Score
    So I got the iPhone 11 and it's just too small to my liking so I'm trading it in on Apple's website for an iPhone 12. Anybody else traded one in it says it takes 2 to 3 weeks for them to approve your trade-in does it really take that long?

Since my 11 is on Tracfone/Verizon service how do you actually get your phone unlocked again?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2874 View Post
    So I got the iPhone 11 and it's just too small to my liking so I'm trading it in on Apple's website for an iPhone 12. Anybody else traded one in it says it takes 2 to 3 weeks for them to approve your trade-in does it really take that long?

Since my 11 is on Tracfone/Verizon service how do you actually get your phone unlocked again?
    Yes, their trade process can be slow as of late. You could have gotten more selling locally.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2874 View Post
    Could some clarify this for me. I’m looking at a iPhone 11 for sale on Swappa and someone stated that Verizon now locks their phones for 60 days is that correct?
    Yes, that is true. I believe the change occurred in 2019. I worked for a Verizon reseller briefly and saw the new policy take effect. One nice thing for customers is that the unlock is automatic after 60 days and there is no need to contact customer service to unlock the phone.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast