Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ebay discounted TMO prepaid refill cards legit ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    I believe the prepaid sim sellers were paid a new customer commission if you signed up for more months,
    But we are talking about Prepaid account balance refills (for existing accounts), not SIM cards or new accounts/lines.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Money laundering?
    https://wjla.com/news/local/virginia...tes-police-say

I always wondered the same about the preloaded sim cards sold on eBay which I used to buy.
    Historically, there was some of that going on at eBay. I think it was more done with stolen credit card numbers rather than gift cards. These things that are being sold by sellers that have been around a while probably are not that way. The money launderers would set up shop, sell as fast as they could, and disappear.

AFAIK, the preloaded SIM cards were being sold by small independent cellphone dealers that got them as spiffs from the service provider for free or cheap to entice people in-store to start service in hopes that they would continue with paid months. The dealer would get a commission for those that continued with paid service.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Historically, there was some of that going on at eBay. I think it was more done with stolen credit card numbers rather than gift cards. These things that are being sold by sellers that have been around a while probably are not that way. The money launderers would set up shop, sell as fast as they could, and disappear.

AFAIK, the preloaded SIM cards were being sold by small independent cellphone dealers that got them as spiffs from the service provider for free or cheap to entice people in-store to start service in hopes that they would continue with paid months. The dealer would get a commission for those that continued with paid service.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I keep forgetting about commissions for some reason. Dotage, no doubt.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    Thanks , does the Connect plan include international texts , I was thinking of changing over to Connect in the next few days but really need to text overseas....

Cheers
    Also no TMO Tuesdays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2