Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do I port out my number and transfer my balances to wife's phone?

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
    Both of ours were purchased from Apple and were SIM free so we could choose any network. I'm thinking since Tracfone doesn't allow hotspot use they are blocking the BYOP SIM I'm using. Thanks for your help ST Dog!
    It's not TF, it's Verizon and Apple. TF doesn't control the account flag at Verizon that allows/disallows hotspots, along with Apple adding the check in iOS at Verizon's request.

Put that SIM in an unlocked Android and hotspots will work fine.

I would be interested in seeing what happens with a TotalWireless SIM since they say hotspot is allowed.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I got a pm from "Tracfone Alex" asking if I got the issue of transferring my balances to my wife's phone resolved. He provided me with links to chat and the main customer service phone number. I didn't know he was still watching this forum....
    Roadtrip

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I would be interested in seeing what happens with a TotalWireless SIM since they say hotspot is allowed.
    Yeah, me too. If Tracfone would allow hotspot there would be no issue for me. I don't like the idea of spending $35/month for cellular (even though I'd be dropping my $30/month internet bill) and I really don't have a clue as to what my data usage is for banking and bill pay and a little surfing. I don't stream video or music so I'm thinking it isn't much. I just don't want to lose my balances when I could punt them to wife's phone. Oh well....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2