Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cricket "iPhones" and Unlock Policy-Procedure

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

Cricket "iPhones" and Unlock Policy-Procedure

Are "iPhones" purchased from Cricket stamped with Cricket branding?

Also, if terms are followed, is the unlock automatic or do you have to contact Cricket to request the unlock? Thank you.

Feedback Score
    No Cricket branding.

Believe you have to request a unlock after 180 days. Its not automatic

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There is no such thing as a “branded” iPhone. Apple doesn’t allow any carrier branding or bloatware on their devices. Want to carry the iPhone, you follow their rules. As far as unlocking you have to put in a request after 180 days as the previous poster said.

Feedback Score
    User energyx, on 11-20-2020 at 12:02 PM, posted that "unlock is based on ~176 days in my experience, you only need to pay for 5 months before it allows it."

See post #5 on this thread: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...E-with-Port-In

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    User energyx, on 11-20-2020 at 12:02 PM, posted that "unlock is based on ~176 days in my experience, you only need to pay for 5 months before it allows it."

See post #5 on this thread: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...E-with-Port-In
    Thanks. Seen any confirmation?
    Last edited by gwite; 12-29-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Nope. That's all I know. 180 is "for sure" because that comes directly from Cricket. 176 would be cool, but I have no further data.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Nope. That's all I know. 180 is "for sure" because that comes directly from Cricket. 176 would be cool, but I have no further data.
    The more I think about it, the less sense the "176" makes. Since this is "prepay", the 6th payment is made on day 150. So you would have already paid for 6 months on day 176.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The more I think about it, the less sense the "176" makes. Since this is "prepay", the 6th payment is made on day 150. So you would have already paid for 6 months on day 176.
    When you log in to you account on the website it gives you the option to unlock your phone in your account settings, it has a countdown clock for when your device is eligible. It starts at 180 days and counts down from there. It’s under account settings, it will say unlock device, you can click request unlock, and it will tell you how many days left. As I said, it starts at 180 and counts down from there. There is no 176 days, it’s 180 days.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I'll test the 176 day thing in a few weeks. I have an iPhone that the cricket site says will be eligible for unlock in 31 days, so when it gets down to 10 days, I'll start doing daily unlock attempts to see if it unlocks before all 10 days have passed.
    Looking to sign up for Mint Mobile? Plans start at just $15 and include high speed data, unlimited talk and text, 5G network access, mobile hotspot, WiFi calling, and calling to Canada and Mexico. Use my referral link to sign up and you'll get a $15 credit added to your Mint account. http://fbuy.me/pTlxe

Feedback Score
    Let us know. I have one currently at 118 days.

Feedback Score
    It was posted on Reddit today that someone got it unlocked in 173 days. I think the whole when you get to 10 days try daily makes sense.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    When you log in to you account on the website it gives you the option to unlock your phone in your account settings, it has a countdown clock for when your device is eligible. It starts at 180 days and counts down from there. It’s under account settings, it will say unlock device, you can click request unlock, and it will tell you how many days left. As I said, it starts at 180 and counts down from there. There is no 176 days, it’s 180 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBrundlefly View Post
    I'll test the 176 day thing in a few weeks. I have an iPhone that the cricket site says will be eligible for unlock in 31 days, so when it gets down to 10 days, I'll start doing daily unlock attempts to see if it unlocks before all 10 days have passed.
    I just did an 11 Pro Max today. It unlocks when the counter gets to 4 days left, and I checked every couple hours since it was showing 5 days earlier today. This is the second phone in 6 mos I've unlocked at exactly 176 days.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    I just did an 11 Pro Max today. It unlocks when the counter gets to 4 days left, and I checked every couple hours since it was showing 5 days earlier today. This is the second phone in 6 mos I've unlocked at exactly 176 days.
    Yes, but seems the premise of the topic that 176 days saves you from paying for the 6th month seems wrong. Saves worrying about paying for a 7th month, then yes.

That is, unless I'm missing something?

Feedback Score
    Yes, but seems the premise of brg's post above, that 176 days saves you from paying for the 6th month, seems wrong. Saves worrying about paying for a 7th month, then yes.

That is, unless I'm missing something?
    @gwite, you have 3 identical posts above.

And it was not my premise that "176 days saves you from paying for the 6th month." I was only replaying the other poster's (User energyx) suggestion that phones could be unlocked earlier than 180 days. It was his suggestion that somehow you only end up having to pay for 5 months, but for my part I agree that, Cricket being prepaid, one is on the hook for 6 payments, each at the beginning of a month.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10, iPhone XS MAX
    Carrier(s)
    Programmer
    Feedback Score
    Even after 180 days they are still refusing to unlock so you can use the alternative unlock chip (Gevey, UB SIM, R SIM, etc).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast