Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Prepaid Mobile Internet Plans

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone got the new version of these plans to work in a phone? I had no trouble with the old ones...

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a 5G, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, OnePlus Nord N10 5G, Moto One 5G Ace, Moto G Stylus 2021
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Data Plan, FreedomPop Walmart Free Plan, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Has anyone got the new version of these plans to work in a phone? I had no trouble with the old ones...
    What's not working. I've got mine in a Pixel 4a5G on eSim.

Feedback Score
    I’ve used these on an iPhone with no issues.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by overlock View Post
    I’ve used these on an iPhone with no issues.
    Same - the 500MB one worked without any special configuration.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Also, you can still get the grandfathered North America “heritage” plan as well, if you call in to CS and request it. I have one active on an eSIM secondary line on an iPhone.

According to them it includes unlimited text (which I don’t see to be true), but these plans work across the continent as well as have the zero rated music streaming as part of the plan.

Just food for thought if you’re looking at one of these plans.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Same - the 500MB one worked without any special configuration.
    It sucks that T-Mobile Tuesdays no longer works. I am thinking of getting Visible but using the TMO 2GB as the 2nd sim as backup with GV, this way I have access to both Verizon and TMO towers. Can these plans work with eSim. Visible can but its new and I see hit or miss posts on reddit.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Also, you can still get the grandfathered North America “heritage” plan as well, if you call in to CS and request it. I have one active on an eSIM secondary line on an iPhone.

According to them it includes unlimited text (which I don’t see to be true), but these plans work across the continent as well as have the zero rated music streaming as part of the plan.

Just food for thought if you’re looking at one of these plans.

What is the advantage of the heritage plans? Are those the old internet plans that was linked earlier in the thread which no longer works?

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    It sucks that T-Mobile Tuesdays no longer works. I am thinking of getting Visible but using the TMO 2GB as the 2nd sim as backup with GV, this way I have access to both Verizon and TMO towers. Can these plans work with eSim. Visible can but its new and I see hit or miss posts on reddit.
    I'd get the 2GB heritage plan and put it on an eSIM (I'm actually running an old iPad data pass plan on my eSIM). What you can do if starting from scratch (on iOS) is to use the eSIM app to set up a new $15 Connect 2.5GB line. Once it's up and running, you can log into the account and change to the current Mobile Internet plans (if you get something cheaper, it would take effect next billing cycle). Once it's a data plan, you can call or contact T-Force (Twitter or Facebook) to change it to the 2GB Mobile Internet heritage plan. Once changed, it will show as "North America Simple Choice Mobile Internet UNL Data with 2GB 4G LTE" (it actually includes 5G, too).

Alternatively, you could fire up the $5/500MB current plan on a new SIM card, then call customer service or contact T-Force to upgrade to the 2GB heritage plan, and then get them to move it to your eSIM (just need EID and they send you a QR code to email). You could probably get this set up at a store (if you don't have a SIM and at least get the initial plan active, maybe get it transferred to eSIM?)

Basically, it's how much do you want to work with customer service to migrate and do you have access to a physical SIM card to use?

What is the advantage of the heritage plans? Are those the old internet plans that was linked earlier in the thread which no longer works?
    They were basically replaced in December with the current group and are mostly the same with a few small exceptions. They're more expensive for some tiers, and I think plans over 3GB get unlimited music streaming (the 2GB one I have in a hotspot does not), works across North America, and T-Mobile Tuesdays (put the SIM in a device that can receive SMSes to get the verification text).

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    They were basically replaced in December with the current group and are mostly the same with a few small exceptions. They're more expensive for some tiers, and I think plans over 3GB get unlimited music streaming (the 2GB one I have does not), works across North America, and T-Mobile Tuesdays (put the SIM in a device that can receive SMSes to get the verification text).
    Do they get 5g?

I can find a webpage of heritage plans for postpaid but not prepaid

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Do they get 5g?

I can find a webpage of heritage plans for postpaid but not prepaid
    They support 5G (basically the branding/naming text doesn't have it since they were made before 5G, but all T-Mobile plans include access to all aspects of the network).

As for the heritage plans on prepaid, it's a bit hard to find the information, but the second-to-last question on this page's FAQ has some information: https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-internet

Does T-Mobile offer any other rate plans as a result of the merger with Sprint?
    For customers who are interested in older plans, we continue to make select older rate plans available for a limited time. These plans are known as heritage plans. Details on T-Mobile mobile internet heritage plans are available by request. Contact us for more information.
    When the current plans first launched, the old plan page was kept around and the question on the FAQ had a link to it. Sometime since January, the page that listed these plans has been removed (see my earlier post about it).

This rate card still has them listed: https://www.t-mobile.com/content/dam...s_COMBINED.pdf

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

This rate card still has them listed: https://www.t-mobile.com/content/dam...s_COMBINED.pdf
    Looking at the bottom of page 3, they have 4g/5g internet plans and then the 4g LTE plans right under it - so either plan will get 5g, they are both prepaid on page 3?

Feedback Score
    I'd get the 2GB heritage plan and put it on an eSIM (I'm actually running an old iPad data pass plan on my eSIM). What you can do if starting from scratch (on iOS) is to use the eSIM app to set up a new $15 Connect 2.5GB line. Once it's up and running, you can log into the account and change to the current Mobile Internet plans (if you get something cheaper, it would take effect next billing cycle). Once it's a data plan, you can call or contact T-Force (Twitter or Facebook) to change it to the 2GB Mobile Internet heritage plan. Once changed, it will show as "North America Simple Choice Mobile Internet UNL Data with 2GB 4G LTE" (it actually includes 5G, too).

Alternatively, you could fire up the $5/500MB current plan on a new SIM card, then call customer service or contact T-Force to upgrade to the 2GB heritage plan, and then get them to move it to your eSIM (just need EID and they send you a QR code to email). You could probably get this set up at a store (if you don't have a SIM and at least get the initial plan active, maybe get it transferred to eSIM?)

Basically, it's how much do you want to work with customer service to migrate and do you have access to a physical SIM card to use?

They were basically replaced in December with the current group and are mostly the same with a few small exceptions. They're more expensive for some tiers, and I think plans over 3GB get unlimited music streaming (the 2GB one I have in a hotspot does not), works across North America, and T-Mobile Tuesdays (put the SIM in a device that can receive SMSes to get the verification text).
    My 2gb internet plan in a smart phone gets unlimited audio streaming. It is actually unlimited 128k after 2GB. I recently tested and was still working past 3.5GB. It also roams on TELCEL from Mexico. Google Voice works fine on 128k.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paaz View Post
    My 2gb internet plan in a smart phone gets unlimited audio streaming. It is actually unlimited 128k after 2GB. I recently tested and was still working past 3.5GB. It also roams on TELCEL from Mexico. Google Voice works fine on 128k.
    Are you on new or heritage?

Also , can you verify Google Voice on one of these plans to forward calls? Assuming that would not work and you would strictly have to use GV through its app but figured Id ask anyway.

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Looking at the bottom of page 3, they have 4g/5g internet plans and then the 4g LTE plans right under it - so either plan will get 5g, they are both prepaid on page 3?
    That is correct - they're both prepaid (postpaid is pages 1, 2, and 4) and unlike AT&T and Verizon, T-Mobile doesn't restrict 5G (or the type of 5G) to certain plans, but some of their marketing and descriptions could use a good copywriter-clean-up. I can confirm the 2GB heritage Mobile Internet plan, 5.5GB Connect, $10/5GB/150 day iPad data pass, and 200MB free-data-for-life plans all support 5G. From what it sounds, most prepaid and postpaid plans support it as long as it's not a really really old SIM. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has an old T-Zones plan with 5G.

Quote Originally Posted by paaz View Post
    What service are you using? I tried with Apple Music on my iPhone tethered to a Franklin T9, so I'm wondering if something along those lines caused the data whitelist to break and started counting towards the plan (did the test about two months ago to see). I seem to recall some uncertainty with what plans also worked with BingeOn or not, just because there's almost no documentation about these plans.

Here's the Music Freedom page and looks like it should work: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/pla...-music-freedom

I wonder if this is what was going on with my Apple Music situation, some download/caching:
    Some music services might download song data to your device for offline listening, counting against your data allotment. To avoid this, make sure any available offline, download, or similar option is not selected for any song, playlist, or album shown.

Feedback Score
    I don’t believe music freedom works if the sim is in a hotspot. It’s mentioned on T-Mobile’s website but I don’t have a link.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast