Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Teltik just had numbers turned off, mine included.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, iPhone 6S, iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    Teltik, netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Om
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djphilosophy View Post
    Are there any other options for free SMS and data when roaming outside the US other than Google Fi (not "free" data but no extra cost) and a proper T-Mobile postpaid plan? I don't think there are but I'm sure I won't be the only one preparing to switch away from Teltik.
    Maybe Air Wireless...

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUp, FreedomPop US & MX, Toggle UK, Piranha, Netzclub DE, Simyo ES, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by magicski View Post
    Maybe Air Wireless...
    Their website doesn't list any plans and has a copyright date of 2014. Can't say I'd have much confidence in them not going the same way as these other T-Mobile business resellers.

Device(s)
    Kyocera QCP6035
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Maybe time to move to google voice. Doesn't matter what the carrier number is (or with who). Going on now... 7 years with them.
    Just looked at porting to Voice. "Ooops! This number appears to be from an area we don't currently support."
    That's for my 15? year old mobile number; get the same Ooops message for my old landline that was ported to ATT mobile maybe 5 years ago.

Now that I think about it, I've done this checking about porting into Google many times over the years. The very first time, it said I could port my mobile number. I think it was only $5 fee then. I got cold feet and wanted to think about it a few days. When I went back to do the port (within 72 hours), it gave me the don't support message.

Think I will try to move from Teltik to Visible.

[Shoutout to GPz1100 - I think I used some of your guidance to flash several Boost/Sprint Moto G to Verizon/Page Plus service years ago. Seems like your location then was about middle of Lake Michigan - an underwater fortress, I suppose. Mars is probably better for the pandemic]

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jav-cell View Post
    Just looked at porting to Voice. "Ooops! This number appears to be from an area we don't currently support."
    That's for my 15? year old mobile number; get the same Ooops message for my old landline that was ported to ATT mobile maybe 5 years ago.

Now that I think about it, I've done this checking about porting into Google many times over the years. The very first time, it said I could port my mobile number. I think it was only $5 fee then. I got cold feet and wanted to think about it a few days. When I went back to do the port (within 72 hours), it gave me the don't support message.

Think I will try to move from Teltik to Visible.

[Shoutout to GPz1100 - I think I used some of your guidance to flash several Boost/Sprint Moto G to Verizon/Page Plus service years ago. Seems like your location then was about middle of Lake Michigan - an underwater fortress, I suppose. Mars is probably better for the pandemic]
    Lansing MI is unsupported? Wow. That's too bad.

Haven't flashed a phone in a while. Looks like that's dead these days.

I put that location to see who's paying attention Being in chicago is like much like being in a lake.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Teltik, netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Om
    Feedback Score
    The new mvno plans are posted in teltik website. If you want you can usually keep the same price with a similar plan. What is interesting is they claim the unlimited plan doesn’t de prioritize until 50GB... somehow I doubt that will stay the case... seems a bit fishy in my opinion... any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    There's no content on https://teltik.com/plans if I click on "data' (to the left of "Voice".

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Teltik just had numbers turned off, mine included.

Probably still trying to negotiate a data only plan or plans idk... they are competitive for the voice options to some extent but I think it’s a better value going with Air Wireless. Currently with Teltik I am on a grandfathered price of $38.50... Air Wireless has a similar if not identical plan to what I have currently on teltik for $40 a month... I really think I should move to Air Wireless... the only other options I was considering is t-mobile $50 prepaid, Metro unlimited $40 plan, ultra unlimited $39 plan and Mint unlimited $30 plan. Granted most of the above mentioned plans throttle at 35GB with the exceptions of Air Wireless and the t-mobile $50 prepaid plan... I just don’t really trust teltik I’d offering 50 GB priority data... and even if they are the question is for how long will that last? Currently 35GB works but prior to the pandemic I was blowing through that as I was on the road using data often. I like to keep a high priority data at an affordable price point... I know att has a 100GB priority unlimited plan but it is more than I wish to spend.

Last edited by magicski; 01-03-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Feedback Score
    I have a friend with Teltik - she never mentioned they had any issues. I am though still with 4GAS for my both T-mobile unlimited lines and just renewed them for one more year. 4GAS works well for me. But I looked into Teltik before renewing as well.

Device(s)
    Kyocera QCP6035
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Maybe time to move to google voice. Doesn't matter what the carrier number is (or with who). Going on now... 7 years with them.
    Would you mind doing a quick summary of your phone communications solution (big picture)? Just curious

I successfully ported from Teltik to Google Fi 3 weeks ago. Teltik gave me no problem porting out, maybe took 25 minutes. I ended up using eSim on iPhone to establish Fi service, maybe took 2 hours total. I'm having some issues that I really need to work on Fi (remote end doesn't hear my audio, group MMS, voicemail -- but I haven't been too proactive about fixing them)

I see that Fi has an option to move my number to Voice (haven't tried it, maybe I will get the same "not supported" message?). I sort of want my primary number to be on Voice, then I can have that ring both lines on an iPhone with dual SIM, right? Plus maybe even a third mobile line on a backup phone? And do they still have the little hardware boxes with ethernet in and a landline phone jack out that hooks into Voice?
    [on the other hand, I'm a proponent of KISS - keep it simple, stupid ---- this is definitely not simple!]
    Last edited by jav-cell; 01-13-2021 at 03:30 PM. Reason: typo

Device(s)
    Kyocera QCP6035
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by magicski View Post
    Probably still trying to negotiate a data only plan or plans idk... they are competitive for the voice options to some extent but I think it’s a better value going with Air Wireless. Currently with Teltik I am on a grandfathered price of $38.50... Air Wireless has a similar if not identical plan to what I have currently on teltik for $40 a month... I really think I should move to Air Wireless... the only other options I was considering is t-mobile $50 prepaid, Metro unlimited $40 plan, ultra unlimited $39 plan and Mint unlimited $30 plan. Granted most of the above mentioned plans throttle at 35GB with the exceptions of Air Wireless and the t-mobile $50 prepaid plan... I just don’t really trust teltik I’d offering 50 GB priority data... and even if they are the question is for how long will that last? Currently 35GB works but prior to the pandemic I was blowing through that as I was on the road using data often. I like to keep a high priority data at an affordable price point... I know att has a 100GB priority unlimited plan but it is more than I wish to spend.
    How does a T-Mobile 55+ plan look to you?
    $35, no taxes, 50GB+, Canada etc
    I'm tempted to just say heck with it and settle down with one plan directly from one of the big 3. But they only want to sell the senior plan two at a time (well, maybe I can just do one line at $70, but that seems ridiculous)

I wish they did something like Visible's Party Pay, where random people on the Internet can join into your group (with separate billing). Also be nice if Visible let you add a few extra people into the group, but no further discounts below $25 -- so you would have some time to replace members. After living with <2GB data for years, I'm blown away by Visible for $25. I've hit over 120Mbps. Very tempting to go that route.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    How does a T-Mobile 55+ plan look to you?
    $35, no taxes, 50GB+, Canada etc
    I'm tempted to just say heck with it and settle down with one plan directly from one of the big 3. But they only want to sell the senior plan two at a time (well, maybe I can just do one line at $70, but that seems ridiculous)

I wish they did something like Visible's Party Pay, where random people on the Internet can join into your group (with separate billing). Also be nice if Visible let you add a few extra people into the group, but no further discounts below $25 -- so you would have some time to replace members. After living with <2GB data for years, I'm blown away by Visible for $25. I've hit over 120Mbps. Very tempting to go that route.
    It’s great if you are a senior and want 2 lines... I don’t want to have to worry about the back end of managing the billing of a family plan... if I didn’t mind I might have went with visible as it’s $25 but I like the flexibility of possible options for when travel opens up... so maybe not... I moved over to air wireless. If you are a senior and only want 1 line maybe it’s comparable to $40 not sure...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anrec View Post
    I am though still with 4GAS for my both T-mobile unlimited lines and just renewed them for one more year. 4GAS works well for me. But I looked into Teltik before renewing as well.
    You still have TMo phone lines through 4GAS? I thought they had all been discontinued.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Would you mind doing a quick summary of your phone communications solution (big picture)? Just curious

I successfully ported from Teltik to Google Fi 3 weeks ago. Teltik gave me no problem porting out, maybe took 25 minutes. I ended up using eSim on iPhone to establish Fi service, maybe took 2 hours total. I'm having some issues that I really need to work on Fi (remote end doesn't hear my audio, group MMS, voicemail -- but I haven't been too proactive about fixing them)

I see that Fi has an option to move my number to Voice (haven't tried it, maybe I will get the same "not supported" message?). I sort of want my primary number to be on Voice, then I can have that ring both lines on an iPhone with dual SIM, right? Plus maybe even a third mobile line on a backup phone? And do they still have the little hardware boxes with ethernet in and a landline phone jack out that hooks into Voice?
    [on the other hand, I'm a proponent of KISS - keep it simple, stupid ---- this is definitely not simple!]
    Google fi is a bit of a hybrid system as I understand it, preferring wifi when ever possible. Maybe that's the cause of your audio issues.

My set up is relatively simple. Years ago (~10 to be exact) I picked a gv number. For a few years it was more of test than anything else. Around 2013 I made it my primary number because it was too difficult to keep things separate between the carrier and gv numbers.

At the moment, I have gv on my computer (by way of a pbx) for calls. This is also possible using the gv website. GV also forwards to several cell phones. For proper voicemail function, cell phone service need to support customizable ccf (conditional call forwarding).

Never owned any apple products, so can't comment on how good/bad gv works with ios devices.

Given the current state of things, i'm re-examining my relationship with google. However, this is not a discussion for this thread.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Google fi is a bit of a hybrid system as I understand it, preferring wifi when ever possible. Maybe that's the cause of your audio issues.

My set up is relatively simple. Years ago (~10 to be exact) I picked a gv number. For a few years it was more of test than anything else. Around 2013 I made it my primary number because it was too difficult to keep things separate between the carrier and gv numbers.

At the moment, I have gv on my computer (by way of a pbx) for calls. This is also possible using the gv website. GV also forwards to several cell phones. For proper voicemail function, cell phone service need to support customizable ccf (conditional call forwarding).

Never owned any apple products, so can't comment on how good/bad gv works with ios devices.

Given the current state of things, i'm re-examining my relationship with google. However, this is not a discussion for this thread.
    I have been using google voice on iPhones for years... I never tried google do though. Nor do I have any interest to try at this point in time. Google voice is a bit glitchy and there are things that could be improved. Google Fi is probably best to be used on a pixel.

Device(s)
    Kyocera QCP6035
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ... I have gv on my computer (by way of a pbx) for calls. .....

Thanks for the reply! I don't quite follow the connection between pbx and computer, but maybe not important.

I had also been trying to scale back my entanglements with google, so maybe it is a bad idea to move my primary # to Voice. I was just hoping to have a safe home for it, so I wouldn't need to worry about losing it overnight in the future.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast