Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Teltik just had numbers turned off, mine included.

Feedback Score

Teltik just had numbers turned off, mine included.

Chat says: "The carrier turned off many of the lines and we're investigating the matter. This seems to be an error, and we are working on restoring all lines ASAP."

They say service should be back up in 2 hours. But...now I'm worried.

Any advice on what to do?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not much anyone on this forum can do to change things. You will have to wait until they do whatever they have to do.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Not much anyone on this forum can do to change things. You will have to wait until they do whatever they have to do.
    Of course. To be more specific, can a number be ported if it's shut off?

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdamien View Post
    No. If the number is shut off it cannot be ported out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2016), Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ah, Teltik, a T-Mobile Business Reseller.

I remember reading something about them no longer able to activate new lines. Perhaps something about a dispute between them and T-Mobile.
    They seem very similar to two other carriers forced to shut down recently by Sprint/T-Mobile for some contract violation. (I know both carriers' sites are still live, but with notices about not being able to offer service at this time.) Perhaps the same parent company/practices?
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    This always happens to these Business Resellers. They roll along for 6-18 months then poof they're gone just like Keyser Soze.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    Ah, Teltik, a T-Mobile Business Reseller.

I remember reading something about them no longer able to activate new lines. Perhaps something about a dispute between them and T-Mobile.
    They seem very similar to two other carriers forced to shut down recently by Sprint/T-Mobile for some contract violation. (I know both carriers' sites are still live, but with notices about not being able to offer service at this time.) Perhaps the same parent company/practices?
    I saw the handwriting on the wall this past July and jumped ship to another T-Mobile reseller (and haven't looked back since).

It's a shame that TelTik is going (has gone?) belly-up.

After being a customer for a year and a half (as a 4GAS survivor), I have nothing unkind to say about TelTik.

I suppose that since the first shoe to drop was 4GAS and the second TelTik, I should be O.K. now. Time will tell.

Wish the OP lots of luck recovering her or his phone.

(Forgot to say.)

Filing a complaint with the FCC against T-Mobile may get things moving sooner rather than later.
    A genius is one who shoots at something no one else can see, and hits it (author unknown).

--
    Liborio

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdamien View Post
    Since TelTik is/was a T-Mo Business Reseller, your number should still be available for a Change of Responsibility, either directly to T-Mo, or to another T-Mo Business Reseller, such as Air Wireless, for example. This is not guaranteed, but it's how it should be.

Feedback Score
    Lots of chatter over on Reddit and it's not looking good: /r/NoContract/comments/k8s4yb/any_update_on_teltik_fiasco/?sort=new

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by band12 View Post
    Lots of chatter over on Reddit and it's not looking good: /r/NoContract/comments/k8s4yb/any_update_on_teltik_fiasco/?sort=new
    The chatter points to the same exact issues of several Sprint and T-Mobile "MVNO's" that were essentially breaking some rules by having one massave family share plan in reality. One such company still has their website online, Venn Mobile, but has been unable to activate new lines for almost a year now. Look like Teltik was doing the same thing and may end up being shut down for it.

Feedback Score
    As I understand it, Venn and Teltik had/have shared ownership.

When 4GAS said their T-Mo business line users were going to have to switch to another plan or port out, I considered switching my wife's line to Teltik, but fortunately/luckily, chose AT&T Prepaid instead!

I hope Teltik can either rebound or somehow arrange with T-Mobile for port out or change of responsibility so people don't lose their phone #s!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    As I understand it, Venn and Teltik had/have shared ownership.

When 4GAS said their T-Mo business line users were going to have to switch to another plan or port out, I considered switching my wife's line to Teltik, but fortunately/luckily, chose AT&T Prepaid instead!

I hope Teltik can either rebound or somehow arrange with T-Mobile for port out or change of responsibility so people don't lose their phone #s!
    Very interesting point. Venn is under the same ownership. I just noticed the company addresses for both are exactly the same. Put that into Google Maps and you are sent to a house that also homes a CPA Tax/Payroll services company. So many business under one roof. I wonder if any of the other "MVNO's" that got shut down for contract violations were housed here too. Even shows its a couple guys names on the signs.

Feedback Score
    The same owners of Tiktik and Venn did the same thing with Harbor Mobile a few years ago. If you can port out do it now and go with a stable provider.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    At the beginning of the year I helped a friend move 3 lines from ATT postpaid to Teltik and Red Pocket to save him about $85/month. His Teltik line has been down since this morning. Over on Reddit r/nocontract some people are reporting that their lines are coming back online. I hope everyone gets their lines and phone numbers back. My friend is probably going to port out to Red Pocket or Mint if/when he gets his number back. If anyone on Teltik is planning to bail, definitely check out Red Pocket and Mint’s offerings.
    Looking to sign up for Mint Mobile? Plans start at just $15 and include high speed data, unlimited talk and text, 5G network access, mobile hotspot, WiFi calling, and calling to Canada and Mexico. Use my referral link to sign up and you'll get a $15 credit added to your Mint account. http://fbuy.me/pTlxe

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe time to move to google voice. Doesn't matter what the carrier number is (or with who). Going on now... 7 years with them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast