Thread: Is Ookla Speedtest exempt from data bucket on T-Mobile Connect plans?

Feedback Score

Is Ookla Speedtest exempt from data bucket on T-Mobile Connect plans?

Looking for a cheap way to test out the network in my area with the eSIM on my iPhone.

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not sure anymore. I know it used to be, ONLY is you used the T-Mobile speed test locations. I have seen my count hit only about 5GB /month in the past, however on 5G, my counter has skyrocketed (i.e. shows up on my acct), but i don't think it's used against it, as my kickback (2GB) doesn't align anymore.

Sent from my IN2017 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    I don't know if a ONE plan is considered a Connect plan, but yesterday on a 2 hour road trip I ran about 30 Ookla tests and none registered on my data usage as of this morning. I was testing 5G coverage and speeds driving from Portland to Lincoln City via Salem, Oregon. I had a 5G about 80% of the time, and my highest result was 248 Mbps. It was truly inspiring to see the symbol and also get usable speeds most of the way. I was just streaming Pandora, but I used to get a few dropouts on that route but the signal went the distance yesterday only falling back to LTE briefly here and there.

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's been a long time since I've been to Lincoln City. Nice place in the summer. I went the more scenic route from Loon Lake/Reedsport along the coast about 10 years ago. I had Att back then and it was awful... I also had Sprint work device which was mostly roaming.

On the data usage... It shows a low number under "usage", but a much higher number under "usage details". I suspect one is with whitelisted and other is raw.

Sent from my IN2017 using HoFo mobile app