Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Results 601 to 607 of 607

Thread: AT&T 5G/5G+ Speed Test Thread!

  1. #601
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    5,093
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S21+, S22 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Taken at Rochester Road just north of E Big Beaver in Troy, MI. The first 5G node I've seen outside of downtown Detroit.

    Name:  Screenshot_20230124_201252_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  27.2 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20230124_201316_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  26.3 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20230124_204228_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  18.9 KB

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,798
    Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Taken at Rochester Road just north of E Big Beaver in Troy, MI. The first 5G node I've seen outside of downtown Detroit.

    Name:  Screenshot_20230124_201252_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  27.2 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20230124_201316_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  26.3 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20230124_204228_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  18.9 KB
    Not sure why AT&T even bothers with mmWave if they aren't going to crank it like Verizon does. They should be using all 800 MHz of n260 they have in the Oakland County, Michigan market, and the backhaul should be scaled to match (at least 5 Gbps).

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    5,394
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini, iPad Pro 11" M2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (Red Pocket), T-Mobile (Mint Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Agreed. Seems like they're either trying to cheap out on the backhaul by using 1 Gbps circuits and therefore do not need more radio capacity, or they are aiming to keep all "5G+" speeds within the same range. In other words, it's all "5G+" and they don't want customers to notice a significant difference between 5G+ using n77 versus 5G+ using mmWave. Whereas, Verizon seems to have no problem dumping as much speed and capacity into the air as the technology and spectrum licenses will allow, even if seeing "5G UW" means speeds ranging anywhere from 200-300 Mbps through 4 Gbps.


  4. #604
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    5,093
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S21+, S22 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Not sure why AT&T even bothers with mmWave if they aren't going to crank it like Verizon does. They should be using all 800 MHz of n260 they have in the Oakland County, Michigan market, and the backhaul should be scaled to match (at least 5 Gbps).
    For sure. They are the LEC there as well. What's interesting is that only a handful of these SC's have mmWave, and most of these newer ones do not have B46. This SC is 2/66 only, with LTE hitting 200+.

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    78
    Device(s)
    S22 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    For sure. They are the LEC there as well. What's interesting is that only a handful of these SC's have mmWave, and most of these newer ones do not have B46. This SC is 2/66 only, with LTE hitting 200+.
    I'd rather see mmWave than B46, but LTE-only small cells don't make much sense anymore...

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,716
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Not sure why AT&T even bothers with mmWave if they aren't going to crank it like Verizon does. They should be using all 800 MHz of n260 they have in the Oakland County, Michigan market, and the backhaul should be scaled to match (at least 5 Gbps).
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    Agreed. Seems like they're either trying to cheap out on the backhaul by using 1 Gbps circuits and therefore do not need more radio capacity, or they are aiming to keep all "5G+" speeds within the same range. In other words, it's all "5G+" and they don't want customers to notice a significant difference between 5G+ using n77 versus 5G+ using mmWave. Whereas, Verizon seems to have no problem dumping as much speed and capacity into the air as the technology and spectrum licenses will allow, even if seeing "5G UW" means speeds ranging anywhere from 200-300 Mbps through 4 Gbps.
    I really don't get why they hate mmwave so much. Granted they don't need it for home internet like verizon does and 99% of consumers wont notice, but why are they cheaping out on existing deployments. even here they're running full 800mhz and max Ive seen is 1.3gbps. vs the verizon deployments at 4gbps. Also feel like the range is significantly less than verizons

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    5,093
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S21+, S22 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zspa710 View Post
    I'd rather see mmWave than B46, but LTE-only small cells don't make much sense anymore...
    I agree......

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Similar Threads

  1. I would say AT&T 5g Speedtests!!
    By lawandorder in forum AT&T
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-01-2019, 11:31 AM
  2. AT&T starts calling their 4G..... 5G. LOL.
    By cellphone-guy in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-22-2019, 07:38 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2018, 06:20 PM
  4. AT&T Winning The 5G Race?
    By catt3911 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-21-2018, 02:42 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-12-2016, 11:47 AM

Bookmarks