Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HSN having two phones for one sale

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My K31 Rebel 2 pack arrived late yesterday. I've set up one of them Wi-Fi only so far and I'm quite pleased with the phone. It's thin and light, just a bit smaller than a Moto e6, but larger screen area than the e6.
    Almost half the 32gig memory is taken up with Android 10 and a small number of pre-loaded apps.
    Not bad for a $50 phone.

Feedback Score
    I got my package this morning.

I tried to connect to online chat, but I couldn't click on the "chat now" icon on my browser despite trying different browsers thinking it might be a web page problem. I called the 800-number despite all the horror stories read about activating phones through customer care on here. Worst case scenario is that I'd lose my previous balance on my old phone about to expire.

The lady who answered was quickly able to transfer my existing service with the new phone and stack the service together. My new expiration date is in January of 2022 and has all of my previous balances stacked with the new one. Phone takes a little getting used to, but it seems faster and more vibrant than the LG Rebel 4 I'm coming off of.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with the extra phone that came with it (considering I didn't need two phones). Should I activate it and stack it with the already stacked service? Or maybe give it to my girlfriend so she can keep it in her glovebox. And what to do with the old LG Rebel 4? Maybe activate it on Page Plus and give it to someone else?

EDIT: Also noticed the packaging came with Promo codes for 3 months of Pandora Premium, 3 months of America's Test Kitchen, 1 year of OfficeSuite Personal, 1 month of Transparent Language Online, and 3 months of Lifetime Movie Club. I probably won't use any of these, but it's worth noting.

Feedback Score
    I went ahead and called again and got my service double stacked. Now my service end date is January 2023, and I have more minutes, texts, and data than this phone will ever use

I guess it can't hurt to keep one of them as a spare either.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My package only had one card with a Pandora code. Did yours have one or two?

Pandora is the only one of those free trial codes I'll end up using. Unless I get really bored and curious about the movie thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    Now I just need to figure out what to do with the extra phone that came with it (considering I didn't need two phones).
    I was wondering how you activate the second phone in this deal with a new number or transfer of service from another active phone.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Got mine as well. Very nice for the price. I was very fond of the LG Ultimate 2 when that first launched (think my thread was 1M+ views here, geez!) - and have used a couple of LGs through the years like the G2, G5, and G7.

I didn't like the weird home screen overlay so that got disabled, it was a little laggy when first setting it up but is fine now. For the price it's a nice phone. The TF variant doesn't have a fingerprint reader but I'm okay with that to get it to this price point. Two phones for $100 including 1 year of service on each is a steal!
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 12 eSIM; Galaxy Note 9
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone SE 2nd gen dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]; Cricket: iPhone 8 Plus
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post
    My package only had one card with a Pandora code. Did yours have one or two?

Pandora is the only one of those free trial codes I'll end up using. Unless I get really bored and curious about the movie thing.
    My package had two of the cards with the free trials.

Sent from my moto g power using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I was wondering how you activate the second phone in this deal with a new number or transfer of service from another active phone.
    My existing TracFone number that was about to expire was transferred. I just called customer care twice and swapped to each device. The airtime was automatically added with each phone I activated.

Sent from my moto g power using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Now that I've had more time to set up the phone and use it on wifi, I'm super impressed *for the price*. Android 10 is awesome, so many little things can be tweeked to make it behave just right. Google did good with this OS - even if I did turn off their assistant and news feed.
    I have larger phones to use as mini-tablets around the house. The size of this k31 with thin bezels and slim profile is perfect to slip in a pocket and go. For me, this will be a music player to take out on walks that can make phone calls if needed in a pinch.
    The camera is just acceptable budget-phone level. It seems a bit slow to focus, outdoor shots are clear and decent colors. Indoors, well, I was able to get a clear shot of an 8.5×11 page to email off to someone. Get something else if you want action shots of kids or pets.
    Accubattery says I could get 11.5 hours screen on time, but I've found their estimates to be over-optimistic in the past.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    My existing TracFone number that was about to expire was transferred. I just called customer care twice and swapped to each device. The airtime was automatically added with each phone I activated.
    The only glitch I experience there is that the due date immediately adds 365 days, but it takes a while for the minutes/texts/data to show up. If you think you got cheated out of your airtime, turn on the phone, make sure it's active, and wait an hour.
    Tracfone rewards referral code AJZS-EF97 gives 8,000 points to new rewards members.

Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Man that's tempting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post
    Now that I've had more time to set up the phone and use it on wifi, I'm super impressed *for the price*. Android 10 is awesome, so many little things can be tweeked to make it behave just right. Google did good with this OS - even if I did turn off their assistant and news feed.
    I have larger phones to use as mini-tablets around the house. The size of this k31 with thin bezels and slim profile is perfect to slip in a pocket and go. For me, this will be a music player to take out on walks that can make phone calls if needed in a pinch.
    The camera is just acceptable budget-phone level. It seems a bit slow to focus, outdoor shots are clear and decent colors. Indoors, well, I was able to get a clear shot of an 8.5×11 page to email off to someone. Get something else if you want action shots of kids or pets.
    Accubattery says I could get 11.5 hours screen on time, but I've found their estimates to be over-optimistic in the past.
    Thanks for the review.

My service days will end by end of next month, so was looking for phone replacement that is very compact (currently have LG Fiesta2). This phone and Samsung A01 are smallest touch screen phone size HSN offer. I like LG phone better as they seem to be less bloated software wise than Samsung and more reliable.

As a side note, HSN told me that tax for this $99 LG phone package will be $18 for total of $118. That is almost 20% tax markup.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_D View Post

As a side note, HSN told me that tax for this $99 LG phone package will be $18 for total of $118. That is almost 20% tax markup.
    Don't forget that the sales tax is not based on the cost you pay for the phone, it is based on the full retail price instead.
    Last edited by Serial Port; 11-22-2020 at 10:51 PM.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    In many jurisdictions there are also e911 and local point of sale taxes on the included airtime. These alone can be over 15% in Chicago and some California cities.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_D View Post
    Thanks for the review.

My service days will end by end of next month, so was looking for phone replacement that is very compact (currently have LG Fiesta2). This phone and Samsung A01 are smallest touch screen phone size HSN offer. I like LG phone better as they seem to be less bloated software wise than Samsung and more reliable.

The A01 has only 16gb memory vs. 32 on the k31. Although, on the plus side for Samsung, they are generally better at providing software updates than LG is. I've had a number of LG phones over the years, the only problem I ever had was the GPS failing on my Fiesta after about 3 years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast