Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: HSN having two phones for one sale

Feedback Score
    Questions for those who have received the phone:

(1) Does it have a FM radio? (one that does not require wifi/data)

(2) Does it have a gyroscpe? i.e. does google map works offline, with no data/wifi? One way to test this: Download offline google map of your current location, turn off data/wifi but enable location, and see if google map/compass still works as you walk around the house.

(3) I'd like to hold on to my current TF phone until next April. and then move my current account to this new phone. Would the minutes/data/text still work at that point?

THANKS!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SaOn View Post
    (2) Does it have a gyroscpe? i.e. does google map works offline, with no data/wifi? One way to test this: Download offline google map of your current location, turn off data/wifi but enable location, and see if google map/compass still works as you walk around the house.
    I don't think that's the function of a gyroscope. It's the GPS receiver that enables location determination and allows Google Map (or any mapping software) to work offline.

A gyroscope determines the orientation/axis movements (tilt, rotate, spin) of the phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Cell phones don't use a gyroscope. They use accelerometers for motion indicating and GPS for location determination/directions

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1. FM works with headphones plugged in as antenna, Wi-Fi and cell turned off.

2. Google maps works with device GPS on, bluetooth and Wi-Fi scanning turned off.

Gyroscope is only used by some AR apps, not needed for any common phone functions.

Feedback Score
    This is a good bang for the buck. I won't have to re-up my backup for a few more years. Hopefully Verizon honors these accounts if and when their buyout of TracFone happens.

Feedback Score
    With the bonus rewards program this is a no brainier. One of my phones current does not have VOLTE anyway and needed replaced. Ordered a set this morning.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    Tracfone rewards referral code YECB-BDEE gives 8,000 points to new rewards members.
    FWIW, this referral code is reported as invalid by TF.

I went for this 2 for 1 deal. I've been looking at "Storage Space is running out" on my old ZTE with 8GB internal storage for over a year, and I've got most of the bundled apps deactivated. Last year at this time I bought one of the 1 year cards when they were around for $40, but for $10 more I might as well try a new phone. It's bigger than I wanted (I don't watch movies or anything on my phone), but I'll learn to adapt.

When I call for voicemail on my current phone it says "Welcome to AT&T voicemail". Does that mean I am currently on AT&T, and will that switch when I transfer the balance to the new phone?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slangtruth View Post
    When I call for voicemail on my current phone it says "Welcome to AT&T voicemail". Does that mean I am currently on AT&T, and will that switch when I transfer the balance to the new phone?
    Your new phone uses TF/Verizon, so service will be switched to Verizon if you activate the new phone with a transfer from your current phone. You'll have to set up your voicemail box again. Since it'll be a cross-carrier transfer, use Chat and let the rep do it after asking for your current balances for record.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slangtruth View Post
    FWIW, this referral code is reported as invalid by TF.
    The codes are now one time use, every time somebody uses it I get a new code.
    I just updated it, since it's a holiday weekend I'll try to check several times a day from now on.
    Tracfone rewards referral code HUYV-40FF gives 8,000 points to new rewards members.

Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    The codes are now one time use, every time somebody uses it I get a new code.
    I just updated it, since it's a holiday weekend I'll try to check several times a day from now on.
    I'll be activating on TF in a couple weeks. Do I have to wait until after I activate to join the Rewards?
    TZ

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was surprised the phone actually got an Android security update pushed to it yesterday. It's now on the October 1 update.

I continue to be impressed with this phone. The only thing I miss is the lack of a fingerprint sensor for unlocking.

Feedback Score
    I just received my two-for-one package. I have a question about activating them.

I have TWO existing tracfones. I would like to activate EACH of the two NEW phones and move the phone number/minutes/data etc from EACH of the OLD phone to the new one. I have done that several times, one phone at a time, using bundles I brought from ebay using online chat (and yes I always begin by getting a readout of my balance/due date).

Q: Does the same procedure for ebay bundle apply to HSN bundle? In other words, do I need a special HSN code (?) besides the IMEI of the new + old phones? (I couldn't find such code in the receipt).

THANKS!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SaOn View Post
    I just received my two-for-one package. I have a question about activating them.

I have TWO existing tracfones. I would like to activate EACH of the two NEW phones and move the phone number/minutes/data etc from EACH of the OLD phone to the new one. I have done that several times, one phone at a time, using bundles I brought from ebay using online chat (and yes I always begin by getting a readout of my balance/due date).

Q: Does the same procedure for ebay bundle apply to HSN bundle? In other words, do I need a special HSN code (?) besides the IMEI of the new + old phones? (I couldn't find such code in the receipt).

THANKS!

There is no difference in the transfer procedure.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, ZTE F160, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Freedompop, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    If you use the activation website listed in the HSN directions, it will ask you for the HSN order number.
    But you don't really need that. You can activate the phones at the general Tracfone activation page without the order number and you'll still get the bundled airtime.

Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I got my two phone bundle and activated them with a new number without any problems. 20K reward points pending

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast