Page 302 of 339 FirstFirst ... 202 252 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 5082

Thread: Tracfone Rewards Program

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    I did with all 5 of my ebay TCL flip 2 bundles (4 actually one was a referral) and all of my byop phones, all my refurbs, all my phones. Anything that I'm activating for AAL which will need 61 days. My goal is to get the points. Not saying any approach can't have a catastrophe since this is TF, but so far knock on wood, it has worked. Sounds like you had an awful rep. I've run into them. My last rep was really bad and couldn't find my email or my phones, but I got through it (should have ditched it) and it was successful.
    That's always the problem - realizing that a rep doesn't know what they are doing before they mess up. So, with a byop, would you have a service PIN to give them along with the IMEI and the SIM#?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I wouldn't throw more good money after bad by adding more time to the Moto E4. I'd remove it from the account, wait a day or two for the account to show that it's gone before adding a new line.
    Agree with cutting my losses! Can't see any long term downsides from the Reward points angle.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfu2215 View Post
    That's always the problem - realizing that a rep doesn't know what they are doing before they mess up. So, with a byop, would you have a service PIN to give them along with the IMEI and the SIM#?
    I haven't done that in a while, but I think would, and I would stress that I want it activated and added to my account as a new line. Do you want a new number? Yes, I would like it added to my account as a new line. I usually ask them to send the 6 digit verification code to my account email. But an account phone can work. If they ask to create a security code I tell them my account already has one. I'd like to use the same one. Don't mention AAL. That is what I've always done. I can't guarantee it will work. They can always mess it up. Perhaps if the rep knew to activate it a certain way the rep would not have done transfer (instead of addition) and you would have got the points... then again maybe rep would have messed it up no matter what.
    Last edited by tomseys; 09-26-2022 at 07:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    When you got a bad agent, it doesn't really matter what you say or how clear you are, they are going to mess it up. A few times I clearly stated that I'd like to add a new device as a new number to my account, and the agent would reply "I would be glad to assist you with transferring your phone number and service to your new phone". In my mini-guide, I warn about this and we should put a stop immediately. I have done 'AAL to activate at a later time' multiple times recently, and all went smoothly. Most agents get the idea 'activate later' right away, add only the device, and said to chat back if I am ready to activate it. I would also add a 2nd device when I felt the agent was efficient. Sometimes I would ask the agent to activate right after I saw the pending points, but now I mostly activate the devices myself in TF app.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfu2215 View Post
    I did BYOP with BYOD Verizon SIM from a TF sim kit twice last month. "I'd like to add a BYOD device to activate at a later time to my main line (xxx) xxx-xxxx." Both times I provided the IMEI and SIM # to the agent, the device was added to my account successfully but no AAL points. I removed the device from my account and chat with an agent again a day or two later. In the 2nd chat, I only needed to provide the IMEI (as the agent in the first chat paired the BYOP IMEI and SIM), the device was added and I saw the points pending right away. I then purchased a $9.99 30-day basic plan service PIN from Tracfone eBay store and activated the device myself in app. (could also chat again and give the service PIN to the agent for activation.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I don't know what "stacked codes (from referrals)" means with Total service. I redeem my TF Reward points as soon as they reach 20,000 for discount codes to buy TF phones.
    I was thinking just in general, not Total specifically, that with the state of flux with all TF brands, that suddenly accumulated balances good for many years and unused rewards points could have an unexpected expiration date.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I was thinking just in general, not Total specifically, that with the state of flux with all TF brands, that suddenly accumulated balances good for many years and unused rewards points could have an unexpected expiration date.
    TF could one day announce that unused reward points will expire on a certain date because I'm sure buried somewhere in the Terms of the Reward Program is a clause that says they can change the terms anytime. But to tell people that the service out to future years that people bought with real money will end on a certain date will bring a PR storm and possible actions from the regulating agencies.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the input and advice, hpham, tomseys, Crazy8SD! I've removed the new no-pending-points line and the orphan Flip 2 IMEI from my account and will try to add a new unlocked phone via Chat later. Hopefully, I'll be able to report success!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soobaerodude View Post
    Added a TCL 4X 5G (the $12 QVC special) on 7/24. Saw 7k points as pending.

61 days was 9/23. Checked points balance yesterday on 9/25, and 7k Pending points disappeared, it was never added to my available balance.

I did not remove the original BYOD line in my account. However, I did combine the combine the balances from 2 Moto G Pures with my BYOD line. I also removed the 2 Moto G Pures from my account too. Would any of those changes cause the pending points to be lost?
    The TCL also came with 1 month of service. If you didn’t add more time that’s another reason they might have removed the points. I added the same 3 phones and got all 21k points. But I added 60 days to the TCL and made no changes to the account until the points were available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristInMe View Post
    When purchasing a TF device on the website with a phone discount code, it's advisable to follow these steps to avoid problems (per a TF supervisor):

• Use a new browser window in Incognito or InPrivate mode
    • Do NOT log on to your account.
    • Select "I am a new user", when adding the device you want to purchase to the cart, and then apply the discount code
    • Check-out as usual.

I've been following these steps for a couple of months. I haven't encountered any problems
    As have been mentioned several times, you can always chat with an agent to add the device to your account after you receive the package.
    I have a question pertaining to shipping addresses for purchases using phone discount codes. Are there any rules you follow to successfully get devices shipped? I have 3 different addresses, have followed your above steps, use new emails, different payment methods, but never know when my order will be cancelled by the Fraud Prevention team. Previous posters have mentioned a limit of 5 to one address if purchased within a "short period of time", but I'm not even close. Do I need to (or will it help to) space orders to one address at most once a month or maybe even every other month? Lately when an order is cancelled (using a specific code for a previously cancelled order) I ended up having call and go through the process of verifying the source of the code and points, talking to different reps, and finally get one who has the "tools" to redeposit the points back so i can get a new code (even though the original code was still active/valid). This happened to me 3 times this year. So it would be helpful if there are any rules/tips to go by. I know some have resorted to using neighbors' addresses but I would like to keep it to my 3 or 4 different addresses, especially since I am only occasionally earning and using these phone discount codes.

Feedback Score
    How many lines can I add to my account?
    The account holder can add up to 4 lines to their account to receive bonus points.

(You can add more than 4 lines for Add-a-Line Bonus Points (total 5 lines in account), but not at the same time. Remove lines after points vested, before adding new lines. Don't remove lines or make changes when there are points pending.)

Add-a-Line Report from my oldest account:
    9/20 main line, account created, 8K points
    11/20-12/20 added 4 new lines, 10K each, points vested 1/21-2/21
    4/21-9/21 stopped using this account for referrals because TF removed 100K+. resumed 9/21
    12/21 all 4 new lines removed from account after unlock
    1/22 added a new line, 7K, points vested 3/22, removed from account
    mid-July added a new line, 7K, points vested mid-September, still in account
    late-July added a new line, 7K, points vested late-September, still in account
    late-September both new lines added in July will be removed before adding new lines

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8SD View Post
    How many lines can I add to my account?
    The account holder can add up to 4 lines to their account to receive bonus points.

(You can add more than 4 lines for Add-a-Line Bonus Points (total 5 lines in account), but not at the same time. Remove lines after points vested, before adding new lines. Don't remove lines or make changes when there are points pending.)

Add-a-Line Report from my oldest account:
    9/20 main line, account created, 8K points
    11/20-12/20 added 4 new lines, 10K each, points vested 1/21-2/21
    4/21-9/21 stopped using this account for referrals because TF removed 100K+. resumed 9/21
    12/21 all 4 new lines removed from account after unlock
    1/22 added a new line, 7K, points vested 3/22, removed from account
    mid-July added a new line, 7K, points vested mid-September, still in account
    late-July added a new line, 7K, points vested late-September, still in account
    late-September both new lines added in July will be removed before adding new lines
    It's good to see that add-a-line points are still working on an account that had referral issues. Did you ever try another referral from this account?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowLoris View Post
    It's good to see that add-a-line points are still working on an account that had referral issues. Did you ever try another referral from this account?
    Yes, multiple referrals since then. No issues (except the first couple made in early September 2021, points vanished in November. a glitch in TF system). Code change every time someone used it. I now redeem points before reaching certain threshold.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S22 Ultra, Pixel 6, iPhone SE2
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (VZW), Red Pocket (TMO), Cricket (ATT), FreeUp (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ngophone View Post
    I have a question pertaining to shipping addresses for purchases using phone discount codes. Are there any rules you follow to successfully get devices shipped?

Do I need to (or will it help to) space orders to one address at most once a month or maybe even every other month? .
    Unfortunately, nobody here knows the rules TF is using. I'm sure the Fraud team makes up the rules as they go
    Limiting yourself to 4 devices/address and spacing out monthly purchases are good strategies.
    Last month I had a packaged recalled in transit by TF when it was at my local UPS facility and was expected to be delivered in the evening. I had previously made 3 purchases using the same address within a month. When I called the Returns and Warehouse depts each had no idea why the package was recalled!

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Today I verified (about 2 weeks late because I've been busy) that the add-a-line points for my 2 Moto G Pure phone bundles that I got from HSN for $59.99 TOTAL vested, then I unlocked the 2 G Pure phones, then transferred the remaining balances and service days from the G Pure phones to 2 other lines I take care of, removed the G Pure phones from my online account, added my $19.99 TCL Flip 2 phone and activated the bundle via chat to get the 10,000 pending add-a-line points and, interestingly, I also got 60 pending points for the Flip 2 activation, so total pending is now 10,060.

I did the above in 3 different chat sessions, which was a bit time-consuming, but worth it in the long run.

I currently have 22,000 points vested, so now I need to figure out what $300 worth of phones to buy next! I'd get some more iPhone XR phones to replace my parents' iPhone SE (2016) phones, but believe it or not, even at 87, they don't want bigger phones. Maybe I'll keep working to see if I can convince them...

Page 302 of 339 FirstFirst ... 202 252 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... LastLast