Thread: legacy prepaid $30

Feedback Score

legacy prepaid $30

I have the legacy $30 100 min talk, 100 Text Unl Data & Int Text (5GB at 4G) that I have had for many years.

Any Pros/Cons to switch to the $25 T-Mobile Connect UNL Talk & Text w/ 5GB Data plan?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thobbs66 View Post
    I have the legacy $30 100 min talk, 100 Text Unl Data & Int Text (5GB at 4G) that I have had for many years.

Any Pros/Cons to switch to the $25 T-Mobile Connect UNL Talk & Text w/ 5GB Data plan?

Thanks
    Pros Its 5.00 per month less and you get unlimited T&T with the same 5GB LTE Data.
    Cons: I can't foresee any.

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Data is hard capped on the $25 plan, it is not on the $30 plan. The $25 plan does not include T-Mobile Tuesdays, I'm not sure if the $30 legacy plan does, but you can answer that. The $30 plan also includes Music Freedom, streaming audio that does not count against your high-speed data cap. The $25 plan does not have that feature. The $30 plan *may* also include Binge On, streaming video that does not count against your high-speed data cap. Some claim it did, but something for you to verify. The $25 plan does not. Effectively though, having either Binge On or Music Freedom or both means your data goes farther on the $30 plan.

Feedback Score
    I have had my $30 plan for at least 9 years. It includes includes T-Mobile Tuesdays and the yearly MLB ATBAT free sunscription. It did have Music Freedom but I have not used it for awhile.

I have always thought this plan was by far the best except for not having unlimited text and talk. In the at least 9-10 years I have had this plan I have never used up my monthly limits.

Feedback Score
    Anyone know if it is possible to keep an existing legacy prepaid plan but change the phone number? Has anyone ever attempted this? If so, what is the process like? Is it a simple switch?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cljung View Post
    Anyone know if it is possible to keep an existing legacy prepaid plan but change the phone number? Has anyone ever attempted this? If so, what is the process like? Is it a simple switch?
    I wouldn't want to risk losing the plan. Maybe just get a cheap second line instead? It depends on why you want a new number.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus PAYG & T-Mobile Legacy PAYGO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cljung View Post
    Assuming your account is on Rebellion (the new billing system), you can get a new number online.

Line details > (Under Device) Change a phone number > Get a new number

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmart View Post
    Assuming your account is on Rebellion (the new billing system), you can get a new number online.

Line details > (Under Device) Change a phone number > Get a new number
    I see this option when I log into my.t-mobile.com. I just want to confirm that it retains the plan but assigns me a new number before I go through with it. In the olden days, the phone number was tied to the plan so if you give up the phone number, the plan discontinues.

Feedback Score
    Maybe you are thinking of porting OUT of T-Mobile?

https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/
    "If you transfer your number to another carrier, account will be deactivated and no service will be available."

Before porting IN "clean" numbers from legacy FreedomPop in 2018, I had ported IN or asked for a NEW number multiple times. My Legacy Pay As You Go plan was NEVER affected.

If you are not sure, call Prepaid customer service or chat with T-Force:

https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/contact-us (1-877-778-2106)

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/ ("Need Support?" box on the right side)
    Last edited by andyk88; 07-22-2022 at 03:37 PM.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I agree, I’ve personally never had a number change affect the plan. Porting out will CANCEL the line, which is a different story though and you’ll obviously lose the plan.

But you can always call just to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo