Thread: Autopay taxes and fees

Feedback Score

Autopay taxes and fees

This has probably been discussed. Please forgive me for clutter.

I want to save the $5 with autopay. Where I live the taxes and fees are $4.85. Not much savings.
    So, I was wondering. If I put a reserve balance on the account for the next payment, will the auto debit still assess the taxes and fees, or just the plan amount from the reserve balance?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    It's my understanding that when you add to your cash balance, taxes and fees are added and hit your CC then. So your CC gets hit with whatever $ you added to your balance plus taxes and fees, that should show at check out. If you buy a card (pin) at a store, you pay the taxes and fees at the store so the whole card amount is put in your cash balance. So if your plan renews from the cash balance, taxes and fees have already been paid. If it takes from Autopay the taxes and fees are added to your CC. Since it's also my understanding that if you have enough cash balance the plan will renew from that instead to AutoPay, and coming from the cash, the taxes and fees have already been paid. I assume their system know that. Just my understanding; could be wrong.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I figured that as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingc View Post
    Thanks. I figured that as well.
    I think I edited my post since you read it but basically the same.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingc View Post
    This has probably been discussed. Please forgive me for clutter.

I want to save the $5 with autopay. Where I live the taxes and fees are $4.85. Not much savings.
    So, I was wondering. If I put a reserve balance on the account for the next payment, will the auto debit still assess the taxes and fees, or just the plan amount from the reserve balance?

Thanks!
    You get the autopay discount by having it turned on. If you make deposits to the account it will use those first and you still get the discount without your card being charged. You may still be able to get prepaid cards/PINs online that don't charge the taxes and fees. Callingmart, Pinzoo, etc. did that when I used them years ago. I don't know about now.

Feedback Score
    Thanks to all for the knowledge. It’ll be nice to save on the heavy taxes and fees.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    You get the autopay discount by having it turned on. If you make deposits to the account it will use those first and you still get the discount without your card being charged. You may still be able to get prepaid cards/PINs online that don't charge the taxes and fees. Callingmart, Pinzoo, etc. did that when I used them years ago. I don't know about now.
    I use Callingmart. They don’t take out for my states taxes and fees, though, we are supposed to claim out of state purchases on our state 1040 for use tax revenue collections. I guess that some states are more fervent with vendors to have taxes and fees collected at point of sale.