Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how to get to tracfone chat?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    I've been trying to get into chat as well, but no luck all week.

Keep trying ...
    I used Chat yesterday (10/16) to transfer service from an A10e with a cracked screen to a new A10e. I used my laptop with Windows 10, Firefox 81.0.2, AdBlock Plus turned off.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snehne View Post
    Does anyone know how I could get into a chat session with tracfone support?

https://www.tracfone.com/contactus?botchat=true just brings me back to the "contactus" page with nothing to click. Maybe I am missing some plug-ins? I have tried edge, firefox, chrome, and some other lesser browsers, none would get me anywhere.

Thanks!
    Chat shows up for me on the https://www.tracfone.com/contactus page right now in Chrome on a Chromebook in an incognito window or in a normal window if I disable my adblock.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    I think at least for some of us the issue is not with settings. I have tried windows/linux/chromeos/android/ios with edge/firefox/chrome/safari/brave and disabled all addons, opened up all security/privacy/tracking settings and I still did not get the button. Once I turn off wifi on my phone, with the same chrome browser I would have the button. I even tried plugging my laptop directly into my modem (to bypass the router) and still could not get the button.

This said, I have been able to use online chat anywhere else -- banks, ISP, other phone services -- in fact chat has been my go-to means to contact support, because it yields less misunderstanding and provides a record of the conversation. So I have been able to do chat (with pop-up windows and such). And I used to be able to chat with Tracfone as well (back to a few years ago, of course -- I have not had to contact support for a long while). This is the first time I am running into this problem.

I know Tracfone agent is monitoring the thread (hi Alex :-) -- if you have got multiple inquiries of this nature, you might want to feed back to your web development team -- I suspect some unusual feature might have been used in your implementation that would not work well with my ISP (I don't believe they actively blocks you, that makes no sense).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snehne View Post
    I suspect some unusual feature might have been used in your implementation that would not work well with my ISP (I don't believe they actively blocks you, that makes no sense).
    Some people have chronic problems with accessing TF chat, while others have no problem. It does seem to be an ISP issue, and not browsers or settings. Can you check this out using another Internet connection?

Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Just butting in here that there's a parallel thread where a couple people (including me) are having problems logging into the tracfone site, while others have no problems at all. Wondering if its the same root cause as the TF chat problem (eg, ISP, DNS, etC)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    I've been trying to get into chat as well, but no luck all week.

Keep trying ...
    After I logged into my account I was able to chat today...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2