Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is anyone still on Unlimited GPRS and have you been able to get a subsidized phone this year?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N|KO View Post
    I've been renting my line to a number of friends over the years.. my setup includes iphone 6s (volte capable), they get decent LTE speeds.. looking forward to see what the future holds in respect to 5G. (I'm paying 55$ since I also have the VPN addon)
    What plan is it in particular? Can you share the screenshot please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    t616, r520
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I still have the unlimited GPRS plan, lte speeds unlimited and uncapped. I still remember having unlimited data in Canada and the US, was awesome. Then they took the US away.

I don't get a phone from Fido. It's a shame that Fido treats 15-20 year old customers who pay $100-125/mo like they are on a $10/month plan. No plans to get rid of it, eventually it will likely get 5G unlimited too just like VoLTE. If another provider had a plan like it I would likely consider.

One sneaky thing Fido appears to have done in the past 1-2 years is change my plan on me while I was locked into a contract. Specifically, I believe my plan was re-coded to no longer give a subsidy of any type, but when I signed up, it was providing only a $10/month device plan. My plan was bumped up $5/mo without any notice on my bills, and then I was given a $5/mo credit for the rest of my term.

Device(s)
    t616, r520
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I still have the unlimited GPRS plan, lte speeds unlimited and uncapped. I still remember having unlimited data in Canada and the US, was awesome. Then they took the US away.

I don't get a phone from Fido. It's a shame that Fido treats 15-20 year old customers who pay $100-125/mo like they are on a $10/month plan. No plans to get rid of it, eventually it will likely get 5G unlimited too just like VoLTE. If another provider had a plan like it I would likely consider.

One sneaky thing Fido appears to have done in the past 1-2 years is change my plan on me while I was locked into a contract. Specifically, I believe my plan was re-coded to no longer give a subsidy of any type, but when I signed up, it was providing only a $10/month device subsidy. My plan was bumped up $5/mo without any notice on my bills, and then I was given a $5/mo credit for the rest of my term.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slush View Post

One sneaky thing Fido appears to have done in the past 1-2 years is change my plan on me while I was locked into a contract. Specifically, I believe my plan was re-coded to no longer give a subsidy of any type, but when I signed up, it was providing only a $10/month device plan. My plan was bumped up $5/mo without any notice on my bills, and then I was given a $5/mo credit for the rest of my term.
    Can this plan be transferred to another person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2