Thread: How has your DePrioritization Been

Feedback Score

How has your DePrioritization Been

Between WFH and just the much limited going out and about, thinking about going MVNO route from postpaid VZ.
    It was never much of a consideration to go MVNO, as the postpaid made more sense for me. Both on guarnteed -bandwidth- and some other factors.

Humor me guys. How is deprioritization in your experience. A close friend has Xfinity and each time I've looked at a speed test run, it looks quite more than usable..Nothing crazy crawling speeds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Between WFH and just the much limited going out and about, thinking about going MVNO route from postpaid VZ.
    It was never much of a consideration to go MVNO, as the postpaid made more sense for me. Both on guarnteed -bandwidth- and some other factors.

Humor me guys. How is deprioritization in your experience. A close friend has Xfinity and each time I've looked at a speed test run, it looks quite more than usable..Nothing crazy crawling speeds.
    I have used the Tracfone MVNO with AT&T and Verizon for years. They work fine. I have never noticed being deprioritized, but I don't live in a notoriously congested area.

We got one line off AT&T postpaid to Verizon Prepaid last December for a savings of $70 a month. SWMBO uses that line. I would have heard about it big-time if there were issues.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2016), Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have been on MVNO's for all four carriers for over a decade now and have never noticed if/when I've been de-prioritized, with the exceptions upon which I did hit my own plans data caps. (I have usually gone with a cheaper plan that had anywhere between 1-2 GB of mobile data per month, after I hit my cap, it does slow to a little over dial up speeds.)
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    With Verizon MVNO's deprioritization can be an issue. I have Visible and see it all the time. Not like that with AT&T or AT&T MVNO'S.

Sent from my SM-T510 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    With Verizon MVNO's deprioritization can be an issue. I have Visible and see it all the time. Not like that with AT&T or AT&T MVNO'S.

I had Page Plug back in the day and never noticed it myself. It could also be that Visible is wholly owned by Verizon.

Feedback Score
    The average user who doesn't use speedtests or know anything about them would never notice anything crazy about deprioritization.

Feedback Score
    That's not depri on Visible. That is their different traffic routing through IMS on just a few gateways around the country. I'm out in the country where is it very unlikely that the cell I connect to is congested. I still see data speed on Visible fluctuate between unusably poor to good from one minute to the next. I never experienced that using a traditional Verizon MVNO (Tracfone).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    The average user who doesn't use speedtests or know anything about them would never notice anything crazy about deprioritization.
    Only time I didn't do speed tests was when I didn't have a smart phone, almost a decade ago.

Feedback Score
    Maybe the -experience- now is different so so many are WFH. I just recall when reading up on MVNO's and coming across many or the masses, or uber driver/lyfts who posting, saying service was pretty much unusable when being deprioritized. And it was consistent across all carriers - with the sole exception of Xfinity which I believe has agreements. Xfinity AFAIK, is depriotized these days except for the -HD- plan

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score

In my area of Oklahoma Verizon deprioritization has been an issue, which is why I changed my primary number to an ATT MVNO. I ended up buying an inexpensive Tracfone/phone annual plan on Verizon for coverage, if necessary, for road trips. $107 for the year for 1500 minutes and the phone. And it wasn't even the cheapest phone available.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. Not yet signed up for 5G.