Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop Upgrading Everyone to Premium Voice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    does it show an expiration date ? still have your 2 months ?

had you previously had any payment method attached to your SIM ?

if not, did you have to add one now ?

if you can keep both the old SIM and the new looks like it may be a sweet deal, at least until expiration arrives
    It only shows Renewal Date 11/22/2020. My old annual data only sim was due to expire 12/31/2020. There is no way of seeing if I still have my 2 months left.

There is no credit card attached to the account and it didn't ask for one either.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    but its a lot more expensive from: $49.99(nearly always available cheaper at $39.99, $34.99 or even less) for 1 yr and the new offer is $25.49 for 3 months ($100.59 yr)
    The old 3 month plan was technically $21. ($7 a month x 3). But it was often on sale for much less. Hopefully this new plan will also see a price drop.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, ZTE F160, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Freedompop, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    to get into an account that has not been moved to new premium option type directly into the URL:

https://my.freedompop.com
    Thanks, robbyrobby! Just what I needed!

Curious to see if anything changes at the end of the current period.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munkala View Post
    It only shows Renewal Date 11/22/2020. My old annual data only sim was due to expire 12/31/2020. There is no way of seeing if I still have my 2 months left.

There is no credit card attached to the account and it didn't ask for one either.

What is shown in the box at the top right when you go to the Billing tab? My attachment shows what I see for the 1GB yearly SIM which I've NOT updated and expires on Dec 8.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Just curious, where are people going post freedompop? Looks like the yearly plan on RP seems like a decent replacement depending on what they do for black friday. I only need a data plan and I always liked the data rollover option on FP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    What is shown in the box at the top right when you go to the Billing tab? My attachment shows what I see for the 1GB yearly SIM which I've NOT updated and expires on Dec 8.
    I was referring to the new website. The picture you posted looks like the old FP website. I already know my old annual SIM was supposed to terminate on 12/31/2020. I cannot find that date on the new migrated website.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I was referring to the new website. The picture you posted looks like the old FP website. I already know my old annual SIM was supposed to terminate on 12/31/2020. I cannot find that date on the new migrated website.
    Bit what do you see at https://my.freedompop.com for your OLD FP SIM?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Bit what do you see at https://my.freedompop.com for your OLD FP SIM?
    Nothing has changed. Its all still the same. The old FP SIM never got deactivated because I chose to take a brand new number instead of porting the old phone number. Otherwise it said it would take time to transition over.

If I had chosen to keep the old number, then I'm sure the old SIM would have deactivated.

Right now its 2 working freedom pop sims for the price of one.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by munkala; 10-24-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    my hotspot sim (data only):

Billing Overview
    4 DAYS BILLING DAYS LEFT
    Next Payment Amount US$0.00
    Next Payment Due Date 10/29/20
    Recurring Bill Amount US$0.00

i have $20 in credit left because i went over the limit a couple of years ago and got auto charged $20 to top up.

anyway to get that $20 back??

Feedback Score
    out of curiosity i typed an old plan SIM into the new activation portal, i accidentally typed it wrong and to my surprise it was recognized as a 'CDMAS' and asked for an MEID. i thought that was sort of strange thinking red pocket owned freedompop did not support Sprint or any network other than AT&T.

just for fun i typed in a sprint phone ICCID/MEID pair of a phone sitting on my desk and was taken to a plan selection screen that included a free option. i was prompted that since the SIM was not preloaded with a plan i would have to provide a payment method and canceled at that point.

no place was the unlimited wifi calling mentioned but otherwise the plans looked like what is shown on the website, including same 10 min/10 text/25MB for free plan.

the SIM number i typed initially was not a valid Sprint SIM it seems that any unrecognized series of numbers for the SIM is being identified as 'CDMAS' and prompting for an MEID

Feedback Score
    I have a FP 1-yr SIM expiring Dec 8 and other free SIMs. I'd received one new SIM in the mail - not clear which of my accounts it was for. The upgrade process went smoothly, similar to what munkala described. And, the information available is exactly as munkala described. I also did what he did - got a new number and the new SIM was functional right away. Checked voice and data.

Given the above I went ahead and mail ordered another 1GB 1-yr SIM from BB for $39.99. The only question now is can I get a "new" SIM for it without activating it. I have other "free" account, but afaik, I can't use those to get a new SIM without going down the rabbit hole of choosing a new plan, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    I have a FP 1-yr SIM expiring Dec 8 and other free SIMs. I'd received one new SIM in the mail - not clear which of my accounts it was for. The upgrade process went smoothly, similar to what munkala described. And, the information available is exactly as munkala described. I also did what he did - got a new number and the new SIM was functional right away. Checked voice and data.

Given the above I went ahead and mail ordered another 1GB 1-yr SIM from BB for $39.99. The only question now is can I get a "new" SIM for it without activating it. I have other "free" account, but afaik, I can't use those to get a new SIM without going down the rabbit hole of choosing a new plan, etc.
    Is your old FP sim still active?

Feedback Score
    Is your old FP sim still active?

I didn't check it. I was happy the upgrade went smoothly and all was well with the new SIM. As long as the new one works fine I don't plan to try the old one. Thanks for posting your experience - it was what inspired me to "upgrade".

Feedback Score
    Did u guys activate the new SIM card within ur existing accounts (the one with the old SIM cards)? Or did u create a new account with a different email address?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    Did u guys activate the new SIM card within ur existing accounts (the one with the old SIM cards)? Or did u create a new account with a different email address?
    Activated within my existing account to migrate an active line.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast