Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop Upgrading Everyone to Premium Voice

Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    Otherwise I'll just ask them to close the lines and refund my top-up credits. I'm sure that will be an adventure.
    pls let us know how that goes.
    one of my sims has $30 top up credits.
    (over the years, forgot to reactivate the top up credit and went over the limit 3 times.)

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (iPad) / Sprint (personal phone) / AT&T MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fstuff View Post
    as for the 25meg data on the premium free plan, can you still add friends to increase the data?
    if so, how much more?
    Friends doesn't exist in the new platform, so that's a definite no...

There is no way I can find to turn off auto-topup. So they clearly intend on charging you something if you are going to use this for anything more than a glove box emergency phone.

You can add each month a bucket of minutes/texts/Data. There are separate buckets for each, and it's $2.00 for 100 (e.g., $2.00 for 100 minutes).

Data has additional options -- In addition to $2.00 for 100MB, there is also $5.00 for 250MB, $10,00 for 1GB, and $15.00 for 2GB.

On the refund of the existing top-up credit, they said they'd do it via chat, and never did. I tried another chat and got nowhere. I also had 7GB of accumulated data on the old SIM that they said they'd transfer (but then said only 1 month expiration -- NO CARRYOVER). Again, they didn't transfer that. So I gave up.

MY ADVICE: It's time to move on -- there is no way left to leverage anything useful here, except a glove box emergency SIM.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    MY ADVICE: It's time to move on -- there is no way left to leverage anything useful here, except a glove box emergency SIM.

Yep. I used to chase after these free cell services years ago, but found that I spent more time/effort than they were worth. There are so many plans out there now were you can get super cheap cell service that will work without all the headaches. Life is too short.

Feedback Score
    WiFi calling now works on non AT&T device. I'm using Umidigi A5 pro. Incoming works fine. Outgoing only works in airplane mode.

Texting works fine, both in and out. However they count Wi-fi text as cellular text (so only 10 free).

It's annoying that incoming text count too as we can't stop spam.

One question. I have Canadian area code DID with Freedompop as primary number. It allows me to start the migration to premium service. But would it even be possible to have Canadian area code on native AT&T service? I think not.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, ZTE F160, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Freedompop, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    My bad.
    I forgot to look in my Spam folder. I got the emails for both accounts on the 15th.
    I won't activate the new plans. Instead, I'll ride out the Legacy Free plan on both phones until it stops.
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    I have two active legacy free accounts that I'm still using. No email warning for either one yet.

Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie999 View Post
    WiFi calling now works on non AT&T device. I'm using Umidigi A5 pro. Incoming works fine. Outgoing only works in airplane mode.

Texting works fine, both in and out. However they count Wi-fi text as cellular text (so only 10 free).
    This is very big news, since AT&T has been so restrictive about allowing it. Thanks!
    If you should happen to check for VoLTE at some point, please share the results.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4, Moto G Stylus(2020)
    Carrier(s)
    SafeLink(T-Mobile), FreedomPop(AT&T), Google Fi(T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb Please check the spam folder

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    NONE of my 8 free FP plans have received ANY recent emails.
    Please check the spam folder

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoktrillian View Post
    Please check the spam folder
    I did. I also get other emails from FP with no trouble. I don't know what's up. I do know my FP Global SIMs kept working much longer than most, so maybe I'm on a different list?

Feedback Score
    legacy (VOIP) freedompop SIM's are gone from both target's and best buy's websites. both free plan and preloaded 1yr SIMs

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    The upgrade link in the email takes me to where I can purchase a SIM for $9.99. No free SIMs for me, is that only for the paid plans?

Does the new free plan still charge for overages? It'll be pretty hard not to accidentally exceed 25MB of data.
    If they're still going to charge for overages like the old FP, I might as well just let them die.
    Shawn

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus (Verizon), FreedomPop (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    Does the new free plan still charge for overages?
    Definitely. See the citation, below:

*If you use more than 25 MBs in a 30-day cycle, we will automatically upgrade you with 500MB of LTE data (good for 30 days from the date of upgrade) for only $8! After that, additional LTE data can be added starting from just $4.*

https://support.freedompop.com/hc/en...s/360055120873

Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    legacy (VOIP) freedompop SIM's are gone from both target's and best buy's websites. both free plan and preloaded 1yr SIMs
    hm.. what happens to those people who already are using the preloaded 1yr sims and have many months left?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fstuff View Post
    hm.. what happens to those people who already are using the preloaded 1yr sims and have many months left?
    i would imagine they would keep working and there would be at least some time to activate still new in package SIMs

possibly there may be a chance to migrate to a new SIM with premium voice although i suspect they prefer not migrate the 1 yr customers before expiration and than will require a plan change.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    Friends doesn't exist in the new platform, so that's a definite no...

You can add each month a bucket of minutes/texts/Data. There are separate buckets for each, and it's $2.00 for 100 (e.g., $2.00 for 100 minutes).

Data has additional options -- In addition to $2.00 for 100MB, there is also $5.00 for 250MB, $10,00 for 1GB, and $15.00 for 2GB.

Where do you see this? The guide page says min/text are $3 each (not 2$) for 100 addl. , and data is MINIMUM 500mb added for $8 and then $4 and up after that, for an unspecified amount.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBard57 View Post
    Definitely. See the citation, below:

*If you use more than 25 MBs in a 30-day cycle, we will automatically upgrade you with 500MB of LTE data (good for 30 days from the date of upgrade) for only $8! After that, additional LTE data can be added starting from just $4.*

https://support.freedompop.com/hc/en...s/360055120873
    In that case, I think I will pass. Doesn't seem worth the $9.99 to upgrade to a new SIM and have a constant nagging fear that I might get automatically upgraded if for some reason my phone's data cap isn't that accurate.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast