Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66

Thread: Verizon expands 4G fixed wireless

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,659
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon expands 4G fixed wireless

    Supposedly. Even with zip codes being listed I can't find anyone that can get their address to show service. My zip code shows, tried 7 different address is various parts of my zip code NONE show availability

    LTE Home Internet is now available in parts of 189 markets across 48 states

    https://www.verizon.com/about/news/v...re-rural-areas

    zip codes https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/...st-09-2020.pdf

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,197
    Feedback Score
    0
    Same here. My rural zip code shows but no go on my address which is 5 miles from the only tower for the whole zip code. Put in the address of a business that is right at the tower and nope, not available there. About as reliable as their regular wireless coverage map.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    757
    Posts
    222
    Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Supposedly. Even with zip codes being listed I can't find anyone that can get their address to show service. My zip code shows, tried 7 different address is various parts of my zip code NONE show availability

    LTE Home Internet is now available in parts of 189 markets across 48 states

    https://www.verizon.com/about/news/v...re-rural-areas

    zip codes https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/...st-09-2020.pdf
    Cool but not available for me

    Fios not available either

    I'm stuck suffering from POS cable broadband

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    LTE its the network !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Posts
    765
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Whats in the small print,is video limited I/E 720 1080 4k do they slow you down in times of congestion.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Posts
    765
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Never mind I found some info details still wonder how they will handle tower load is this true fixed or just a form of mobile.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,659
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    Never mind I found some info details still wonder how they will handle tower load is this true fixed or just a form of mobile.
    They launched this about 2-3 months ago in 3 areas it was in the news. Anyway video is 1080p other than that no depri. You have to use their router and it is limited to your location so you can't take it with you. Obviously they are launching this in places where they feel they have excess capacity

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,115
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well it's good to see the effects of T-Mobile already taking hold. They've gotta get these customers bundled in now before T-Mobile can do any meaningful Sprint integration and start rolling out widespread 2.5GHz (as that's going to enable some good rural-ish broadband within 3-5mi of a 2.5GHz 5G site)

    This is only good for the customer in the end, and I eagerly await to see AT&T's response as well, as that 100GB for essentially $100/mo will now have to come down as well.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,659
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Well it's good to see the effects of T-Mobile already taking hold. They've gotta get these customers bundled in now before T-Mobile can do any meaningful Sprint integration and start rolling out widespread 2.5GHz (as that's going to enable some good rural-ish broadband within 3-5mi of a 2.5GHz 5G site)

    This is only good for the customer in the end, and I eagerly await to see AT&T's response as well, as that 100GB for essentially $100/mo will now have to come down as well.
    At&t fixed wireless is $70( non promo price ) and you get 250 GB.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Posts
    765
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yesterday it come up as available,this morning it say not currently available at your street address go figure I was going to sign up must of waited to long.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Posts
    765
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Every address I checked last night that said service was available now states service not available.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    884
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm in one of the new markets but the address checker says no to my home and work address.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,659
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    Every address I checked last night that said service was available now states service not available.
    As with everything on Verizon's website I believe the address checker to be glitchy

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Posts
    765
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Going to go with a conspiracy here, Fake News.Yup we had it sold out in a hour.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,231
    Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    They might be selling only a certain amount per area.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,136
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    Never mind I found some info details still wonder how they will handle tower load is this true fixed or just a form of mobile.
    This is not mobile. It is geofenced to your registered service location. I don't know how tight the fence is, but ordering it for one location and expecting it to work in another would be a risk.

    They will handle the tower load by only selling it in limited locations to a limited number of subscribers.

    They can't afford to turn a bunch of this loose in areas where the network load is already high. Hence the limited areas, limited subscribers, and geofencing.

    T-Mobile did the same thing with their home wireless offering a year or so ago. T-Mo plans to offer more next year when they get more of their 5G band 41 deployed. They have a bunch of capacity there, but it doesn't go far from the cell or penetrate buildings well unless you are close to the cell.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-2018, 03:51 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2017, 07:11 PM
  3. Verizon ‘more excited than ever’ about fixed wireless for 5G:
    By @TheRealDanny in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2017, 04:28 AM
  4. Verizon Expands High-Speed Wireless To Philadelphia
    By Symp EL in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 09:39 PM
  5. AT&T Wireless Drops Fixed Wireless
    By SANDOVAL in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2001, 05:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks