Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Verizon expands 4G fixed wireless

Feedback Score

Verizon expands 4G fixed wireless

Supposedly. Even with zip codes being listed I can't find anyone that can get their address to show service. My zip code shows, tried 7 different address is various parts of my zip code NONE show availability

LTE Home Internet is now available in parts of 189 markets across 48 states

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/v...re-rural-areas

zip codes https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/...st-09-2020.pdf

Feedback Score
    Same here. My rural zip code shows but no go on my address which is 5 miles from the only tower for the whole zip code. Put in the address of a business that is right at the tower and nope, not available there. About as reliable as their regular wireless coverage map.

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Supposedly. Even with zip codes being listed I can't find anyone that can get their address to show service. My zip code shows, tried 7 different address is various parts of my zip code NONE show availability

LTE Home Internet is now available in parts of 189 markets across 48 states

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/v...re-rural-areas

zip codes https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/...st-09-2020.pdf
    Cool but not available for me

Fios not available either

I'm stuck suffering from POS cable broadband

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    LTE its the network !

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Whats in the small print,is video limited I/E 720 1080 4k do they slow you down in times of congestion.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Never mind I found some info details still wonder how they will handle tower load is this true fixed or just a form of mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    Never mind I found some info details still wonder how they will handle tower load is this true fixed or just a form of mobile.
    They launched this about 2-3 months ago in 3 areas it was in the news. Anyway video is 1080p other than that no depri. You have to use their router and it is limited to your location so you can't take it with you. Obviously they are launching this in places where they feel they have excess capacity

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Well it's good to see the effects of T-Mobile already taking hold. They've gotta get these customers bundled in now before T-Mobile can do any meaningful Sprint integration and start rolling out widespread 2.5GHz (as that's going to enable some good rural-ish broadband within 3-5mi of a 2.5GHz 5G site)

This is only good for the customer in the end, and I eagerly await to see AT&T's response as well, as that 100GB for essentially $100/mo will now have to come down as well.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Well it's good to see the effects of T-Mobile already taking hold. They've gotta get these customers bundled in now before T-Mobile can do any meaningful Sprint integration and start rolling out widespread 2.5GHz (as that's going to enable some good rural-ish broadband within 3-5mi of a 2.5GHz 5G site)

This is only good for the customer in the end, and I eagerly await to see AT&T's response as well, as that 100GB for essentially $100/mo will now have to come down as well.
    At&t fixed wireless is $70( non promo price ) and you get 250 GB.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yesterday it come up as available,this morning it say not currently available at your street address go figure I was going to sign up must of waited to long.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Every address I checked last night that said service was available now states service not available.

Feedback Score
    I'm in one of the new markets but the address checker says no to my home and work address.

Feedback Score
    Every address I checked last night that said service was available now states service not available.
    As with everything on Verizon's website I believe the address checker to be glitchy

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Going to go with a conspiracy here, Fake News.Yup we had it sold out in a hour.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    They might be selling only a certain amount per area.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This is not mobile. It is geofenced to your registered service location. I don't know how tight the fence is, but ordering it for one location and expecting it to work in another would be a risk.

They will handle the tower load by only selling it in limited locations to a limited number of subscribers.

They can't afford to turn a bunch of this loose in areas where the network load is already high. Hence the limited areas, limited subscribers, and geofencing.

T-Mobile did the same thing with their home wireless offering a year or so ago. T-Mo plans to offer more next year when they get more of their 5G band 41 deployed. They have a bunch of capacity there, but it doesn't go far from the cell or penetrate buildings well unless you are close to the cell.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast