Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 166

Thread: DENT Wireless free 5GB eSIM Limited Time Promotion

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    15,791
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    thanks, looks like a used Pixel phone will work , anyone use one with Dent ?
    and will it work with Tmobile and the VoLTE etc that will be required ?
    A Pixel 3a or newer will work with a Dent eSIM. Pixel 2 or newer phones have VoLTE for all US networks. But if you're talking about a Dent data only plan, I don't think VoLTE really matters.

    A Pixel 3 might also work for Dent eSIM, but I seem to remember that eSIM was enabled after release for that one, so I'm not sure if there are any issues because of that.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,602
    Device(s)
    Pixel 7, 6a, 4a 5G, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, OnePlus Nord N10 5G, Moto One 5G Ace, Moto G Stylus 2021
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, T-Mobile Data Plan, FreedomPop Walmart Free Plan, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    thanks, looks like a used Pixel phone will work , anyone use one with Dent ?
    and will it work with Tmobile and the VoLTE etc that will be required ?
    Both of my Dent eSims started out on iPhone SE 2020's. Now both are on Pixel 4a5G's. Both of my Pixel's also have T-Mobile eSims installed with LTE/5G data plans. I'm using a TracFone AT&T sim in one and a TracFone T-Mobile sim in the other for voice. Everything works as expected.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,880
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    So this may not work with a Pixel 3XL?

    If someone can pm me a referral code I'd like to see, thanks.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NYC/New Paltz, NY
    Posts
    122
    Carrier(s)
    RedPocket, TruPhone, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    In the Dent app I see that you can buy 200MB that expire in a year (that's .2 GB right?) for 1 dent but people are selling .1 GB with only a few days until expiration for 47 dents. What's up with that? And if I need a GB can't I just buy 5 200MB packages for 5 dents instead of the 1GB package for 1,982 dents

    Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    805
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scrip_>^..^< View Post
    In the Dent app I see that you can buy 200MB that expire in a year (that's .2 GB right?) for 1 dent but people are selling .1 GB with only a few days until expiration for 47 dents. What's up with that? And if I need a GB can't I just buy 5 200MB packages for 5 dents instead of the 1GB package for 1,982 dents

    Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Marketplace is always a better deal if you buy on demand when you're going to use it. You can also sell easily.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NYC/New Paltz, NY
    Posts
    122
    Carrier(s)
    RedPocket, TruPhone, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    The 200MB for 1 dent is a one-time deal. It's a great way to try the service as they give you 10 dents for signing up.

    Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    2,643
    Device(s)
    s22u, i13PM, iw7, Atom, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Tmo, Visible, Google Fi, RP/att/vzw/tmo, Tello, Tru
    Feedback Score
    0
    Now that I have a few new dual sim capable phones I will try out Dent. What is the latest promo and appreciate a DM with referral code.
    --
    CellGuru

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,608
    Feedback Score
    0
    I believe the referral program has been eliminated. I no longer have any ability to refer.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    160
    Feedback Score
    0
    Dent has a 1gb free referral code for new users. Not sure how long it’ll last. PM me for link/code


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,300
    Feedback Score
    0

    DENT Wireless Free 5GB eSIM Limited Time Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by overlock View Post
    Dent has a 1gb free referral code for new users. Not sure how long it’ll last. PM me for link/code...
    Great post!

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    15,791
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I tried to use one of the promo links I've seen posted around the internet, but I can't create an account in the Dent app. I use Google Voice #s over data only. When I put in my GV # to register, I get "An error occurred while processing your request." My only other phone # is a # attached to my data only SIM, but that SIM has no voice service, so I can't get registered with Dent with that #, either. It seems odd that a data only service requires a cell phone with native cellular voice service in order to use. Any suggestions are welcome. Otherwise, I guess I won't be able to use Dent.
    Despite the helpful answers I received here in October, 2020 to work around the issue I described in the quote above, I never got around to doing any of them in order to get the 6GB for $4.99, which would have been buy 1GB at $4.99 and get 5 GB free with the referral. My loss!

    Anyway, I got the current 1GB Free referral code / link from today, and I installed the Dent app on the same Pixel 3a XL. THIS time, the registration process sent a link to my EMAIL address, and I was able to successfully register for Dent. So, Dent DID fix the problem I had experienced back in October, 2020!

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    15,791
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    0
    So, now that I finally have a Dent account, I have some questions.

    After I installed the Dent app, I saw the message that the referrer and I would both be getting the free 1GB.

    Going through the registration process, I got the standard 0.2GB that everybody gets, and that's the eSIM that was installed.

    I DO see 1GB listed below the 0.2GB, but I don't see any way to activate it. Does anybody know the process to make that free 1GB active?

    Also, I have a few other questions.
    1. Is each eSIM expiration 1 year after the last usage?
    2. I only see 4G, 3G, and G networks listed under Advanced > Network. Is it correct that Dent doesn't provide LTE?
    3. Under Access Point Names, I see Orange Internet and Orange MMS. Is that correct?

    Thanks!

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    160
    Feedback Score
    0

    DENT Wireless free 5GB eSIM Limited Time Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    So, now that I finally have a Dent account, I have some questions.

    After I installed the Dent app, I saw the message that the referrer and I would both be getting the free 1GB.

    Going through the registration process, I got the standard 0.2GB that everybody gets, and that's the eSIM that was installed.

    I DO see 1GB listed below the 0.2GB, but I don't see any way to activate it. Does anybody know the process to make that free 1GB active?

    Also, I have a few other questions.
    1. Is each eSIM expiration 1 year after the last usage?
    2. I only see 4G, 3G, and G networks listed under Advanced &gt; Network. Is it correct that Dent doesn't provide LTE?
    3. Under Access Point Names, I see Orange Internet and Orange MMS. Is that correct?

    Thanks!
    The 1gb will automatically activate once the .2 is used up or expires. 4G will be LTE. I’m not sure why it is shown as 4G

    Edit-3. Orange is correct. Make sure data roaming is turned on as this plan is roaming on AT&T and T-Mobile in the USA


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    15,791
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by overlock View Post
    The 1gb will automatically activate once the .2 is used up or expires. 4G will be LTE. I’m not sure why it is shown as 4G

    Edit-3. Orange is correct. Make sure data roaming is turned on as this plan is roaming on AT&T and T-Mobile in the USA
    Thank you. And thanks for the referral link.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    15,791
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    0
    Now that I've finally tried my first eSIM, and I actually got it to work, out of curiosity, are there other "worldwide" or "global" eSIM plans (like the 61-country Dent plan), with 1 year or longer expiration, that have better rates than Dent?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Webconnect Promo: $49.99 for 5GB's: Limited Time Only
    By @TheRealDanny in forum Data Aircards / USB Modems / Netbooks
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 10:11 PM
  2. Replies: 127
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 08:15 PM
  3. Photo Vault is free for a limited time.
    By MaskU2See in forum iOS Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 11:25 AM
  4. MetaSquares free for a limited time.
    By MaskU2See in forum iOS Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks