Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: DENT Wireless free 5GB eSIM Limited Time Promotion

Feedback Score

DENT Wireless free 5GB eSIM Limited Time Promotion

DENT Wireless is offering free 5GB of data for new customers with eSIM-capable phones.

I have a referral link that I will share with you if you PM me.

When you click on the link, download the Dent Wireless app, create an account, and purchase a World data plan ($4.99 for 1 GB), you will receive 5GB of free data (and I will also receive 5GB of free data). This data can be used in the US and 74 other countries.

DENT Wireless data lasts for one year, and it runs on AT&T in the US.

This is a limited time promotion.
    Last edited by mcd320; 09-30-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Device(s)
    Pixel 7, 6a, 4a 5G, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, OnePlus Nord N10 5G, Moto One 5G Ace, Moto G Stylus 2021
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, T-Mobile Data Plan, FreedomPop Walmart Free Plan, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    The 1GB plans seem to be sold out.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (iPad) / Verizon (personal phone) / Tracfone AT&T MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    1GB plan back in stock today...

First off, a big thanks to MCD320 for the referral code they provided via private message that got me 6GB for under $5 good for a year. It's a backup to my Sprint post-paid SIM, and gives me a way to play with the dual-sim functionality on my iPhone XS, which is one aspect of the newer iPhones I haven't explored. Since I use Sprint on my personal line, I've found myself in a few places with poor coverage recently, so having this on as a automatic fallback redundancy in my iPhone settings gives me a little more reassurance I will get messages...

About DENT:
    DENTs are apparently some form of e-currency, but there really is no need for anyone to think about those. It seems the data plans are denominated in USD, but you can use DENT to partially offset the purchase. I got 190 DENT to join and an extra 2,500 from the referral. Each dent is worth about $0.0002 (so that's about 60 cents). When I bought the 1GB data plan, it told me it would add 5GB, and the price was $4.99. During the checkout, I checked the box to apply the existing 2,690 DENT to the purchase, the total came down to $4.40 and paid via ApplePay (so transaction is 100% secure).

Initial Experience:
    The data plan works fine, although I did have to turn on Data Roaming in the Cellular settings to get it to work. All of the APNs were automatically installed, and I note that the MMS setting is for Play.PL -- which is a cellular provider from Poland. Pings are expectedly high for a non-native AT&T SIM at 244ms, and speeds were 10 up / 1.5 down in my house which merely has "okay" AT&T coverage (the other 2 carriers are full signals).

For comparison purposes, my iPad logged 150ms ping and 50mbps down using a FreedomPop AT&T SIM a few minutes later, but I know my AT&T speeds are a bit all-over-the-place at home. I may try other speed tests if I head out of my house over the next few days, but even 10/1 is fine for a backup SIM and I'd be plenty happy with that during international travel (whenever I may get to do that again).

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    I tried to use one of the promo links I've seen posted around the internet, but I can't create an account in the Dent app. I use Google Voice #s over data only. When I put in my GV # to register, I get "An error occurred while processing your request." My only other phone # is a # attached to my data only SIM, but that SIM has no voice service, so I can't get registered with Dent with that #, either. It seems odd that a data only service requires a cell phone with native cellular voice service in order to use. Any suggestions are welcome. Otherwise, I guess I won't be able to use Dent.

Feedback Score
    it is esim only

Feedback Score
    Boz1,

I had a similar problem with my Google Voice and my Android phone. To get around the problem, I forwarded my Google Voice calls to a real number, and put the sim of the real number in my Android phone (Pixel 3a XL). The DENT app intercepted the call and I was able to create an account on the Android phone.

It's different on an iPhone. They send a verification code to the number you provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I tried to use one of the promo links I've seen posted around the internet, but I can't create an account in the Dent app. I use Google Voice #s over data only. When I put in my GV # to register, I get "An error occurred while processing your request." My only other phone # is a # attached to my data only SIM, but that SIM has no voice service, so I can't get registered with Dent with that #, either. It seems odd that a data only service requires a cell phone with native cellular voice service in order to use. Any suggestions are welcome. Otherwise, I guess I won't be able to use Dent.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (iPad) / Verizon (personal phone) / Tracfone AT&T MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    Boz,

If you can register via an iOS device, you don't need a SIM swap of any sort. I just put my GV number into my iPad and it sent me the SMS to my GV number (which I manually entered on the iPad).

Just adding some more clarification. You can register and purchase the data plan on a non eSIM device. Once purchased, you are presented with a large (i.e., even I couldn't miss it) button that say "Set Up DENT SIM". Once you click that, it activates the data plan and presents you with the QR code to scan with the camera of your e-SIM capable device.

If you're setting up on the same device you purchased on, the Manual Setup option gives you the two fields to enter and there is a COPY button next to each. So for me, I just copied the fields one at a time to the eSIM setup on my device and was up an running in about 15 seconds. Then it took me a couple of minutes to figure out how to turn on the eSIM and enable data roaming.

On iOS devices, under Cellular >> Cellular Data, there is also an option for "Allow Cellular Data Switching" which allows the secondary SIM to be used if the primary has no data service (essentially providing data coverage redundancy).
    Last edited by high technology; 10-05-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to find time to give one a try.

Device(s)
    Pixel 7, 6a, 4a 5G, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, OnePlus Nord N10 5G, Moto One 5G Ace, Moto G Stylus 2021
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, T-Mobile Data Plan, FreedomPop Walmart Free Plan, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    Can the hotspot be used on Dent?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Can the hotspot be used on Dent?
    Yes, it works on my iPhone XS with my Primary SIM turned off and DENT turned on.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    Yes, it works on my iPhone XS with my Primary SIM turned off and DENT turned on.
    Thanks. I'm going to use one of these in an iPhone SE 2020 with Google Voice. Seems like a good deal if I can hotspot in a pinch.

Feedback Score
    I have a referral code for anyone wanting the free 5gb on dent that I can send via PM

Feedback Score
    Me too. I still have a referral code for anyone who wants to try out DENT wireledd.

Feedback Score
    Is it possible to swap phones with DENT, i.e., from android to iphone, and back?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jcai2000 View Post
    Is it possible to swap phones with DENT, i.e., from android to iphone, and back?
    Yes, from their FAQ:

What if I change my device?

No worries, in the case that you got a new phone, please make sure to remove your DENT eSIM profile from your old device first.

You can do this by going to your Settings App.

For Apple devices open "Mobile Data", select your DENT eSIM and tap on “Remove Data Plan”.

For Google devices choose "Network & Internet", select "Advanced" and tap on "Erase eSIM".

For Samsung devices, please choose "Connections" => "SIM card manager", select your DENT eSIM and tap on "Remove".

Now you can log in on your new device and your DENT App will offer you the option to set up your DENT eSIM on the Data Plans dashboard.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast