Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: DENT Wireless free 5GB eSIM Limited Time Promotion

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (Personal Phone / iPad) / Tracfone VZW MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    FCC Internet service complaint filed with the following text today(yeah, a little bit of a rant at the end, but if they just get this forwarded to them by the FCC and ask for a response, the wording is meant to get their attention):

Dent wireless had a number of promotions which provided customers with data with a 1-year expiration date. The company has unilaterally accelerated the expiration date for data already earned from those promotions for all of its customers to December 5, 2022. As such, all customers with any promotional data lost all of their previously earned promotional data. This affects thousands of customers, including myself and my wife's accounts, each of which lost between 15-20GB of data, most which wouldn't expire until the latter part of 2023.

Their actions here constitute a breach of contract, since the data was earned with the promise it would be good for a year. Dent Wireless needs to immediately restore all involuntarily forfeited data to all of it's customers, and if they refuse to do so they should be banned from reselling wireless services in the United States.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Nice! What is the link to file a complaint?

Feedback Score
    Does anyone still have access to data that should have expired? I created a team and gave my daughter 3GB. Most of my data expired midday on 12/6. The app now says my balance is .3 (from a 5 day reward good for 3 more days plus a redemption from my Dent balance).

But when I check the Dent teams website from a browser, it says my daughter still has 2.58 GB. It doesn't show an expiration date, but I know she was able to use it on 12/7. Just curious if this is some kind of glitch. She will continue to use it until it disappears.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    This was the FCC complaint reply I received:

While we appreciate the concerns expressed in your complaint, we regret that we are unable to take action on your complaint at this time, because the issues raised do not fall under FCC regulatory authority.

The company, involved in your complaint, (Dent Wireless), does not appear to be a standard telephone service provider telecom company. Research shows that this company is a type of crypto company and operates an app using tokens.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (Personal Phone / iPad) / Tracfone VZW MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    This was the FCC complaint reply I received:

While we appreciate the concerns expressed in your complaint, we regret that we are unable to take action on your complaint at this time, because the issues raised do not fall under FCC regulatory authority.

The company, involved in your complaint, (Dent Wireless), does not appear to be a standard telephone service provider telecom company. Research shows that this company is a type of crypto company and operates an app using tokens.
    Did you file a telephone complaint or an internet services complaint? I filed the latter, but didn’t get anything after the confirmation that the complaint was filed.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Kudos to you for filing an FCC complaint! Too bad they declined to take action

I'm wondering if we should take a different path -- eg the FTC (eg DENT misrepresented T&C's rewards program), or similarly, filing a complaint with the Apple & Google app stores ("Use our app to watch ads and earn rewards, eg airtime", but we're going to retroactively expire the rewards you earned)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    Did you file a telephone complaint or an internet services complaint? I filed the latter, but didn’t get anything after the confirmation that the complaint was filed.
    Both.

The reply was for the complaint I made on the phone side.

I've gotten no reply from the complaint I made on the internet side.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14