Thread: Iíve HAD IT WITH TRACFONE!

Feedback Score

Iíve HAD IT WITH TRACFONE!

Iíve been a customer for years, thanks to the guidance of the good members here. And itís fit my needs but Iím fuming after a chat ended with ďsomething something improper - ending this speak to legal blah blah...Ē all because I threatened cancellation after they depleted my minutes!!

And I WOULD gladly call legal to give them a piece of my mind but YOU TOOK MY MINUTES AWAY!!
    *note - I did not swear during chat. I stated that I was thinking of canceling my service as Tracfone is no longer competitive and they NEVER give me the promo minutes I attempt to add.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eascott View Post
    I stated that I was thinking of canceling my service as Tracfone is no longer competitive and they NEVER give me the promo minutes I attempt to add.
    No longer competitive? That really depends on an individuals usage. Just as it always has.

Customer service has always been the bane of TF. For most it just works most of the time.

In my years with TF I never lost minutes, but that was nearly all pre smartphone. But I had no problems over the ~year I had a smartphone with them.

And I now have several years with Total Wireless, again problem free.

Feedback Score
    Now that I’ve calmed down, I should add a few things:
    - Tracfone fit my usage. However, as my Mom just died of Covid...my usage has greatly increased.
    - I added an unlimited plan at the start of her last hospitalization. I kept adding data because see above
    - I NEVER get ANY of the promo codes to work when adding plans/ minutes. I figure TF owes me about 120 minutes
    - Was considering switching carriers any way but cutting off my minutes did me in.
    - Great job, customer no-service. Still going thru the legal/ financial process of trying to wrap up Moms affairs.
    She died 9/7.

Feedback Score
    So sorry for your loss.

If you have access to a computer, you can get a Google Voice phone number and use the computer like a free telephone. I have tried this a few times.

I also have a lot of trouble with promo codes.

Feedback Score
    Did you confirm your balances and obtain a ticket number during your chat?

If so, you should be covered.

I've never had a problem with TF over the many years of service with them.

Feedback Score
    So sorry for the loss of you parents. I've quarantined my Ma & me hoping this will go away eventually.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Feedback Score
    Chat has always been problematic...they are incapable of doing much.
    I screenshot the chat CSR when they abruptly shut down the chat, claiming I had been ďimproperĒ...
    Iíve managed a call center...I KNOW how to approach a CSR.

And thank you all for your kind words. I kept Mom safe from COVID. She caught in a local rehab center because someone, somewhere didnít wear a mask.
    She still had plenty of life to live!

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eascott View Post
    Chat has always been problematic...they are incapable of doing much.
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

Unfortunately this is true of many MVNOs. There are notable exceptions, but on the whole, I agree with you. The nice thing about prepaid is that you can port your number to another service for any reason or no reason. I use Google Voice with a factory unlocked Moto E4 and change MVNO about every six months always looking for a better deal, better coverage, or just to try something different.

If you are upset with TF, move on and don't look back. I haven't changed my profile but I'm now with US Mobile and very pleased with them. You create your own plan with as many voice minutes, texts and MB of data that you want per month. If you hover around their website for a minute or two, a dialog box will pop offering to send you a free SIM card.
    I have several used cellphones for sale in my Bonanza booth.

Feedback Score
    Check out Mint, unlimited talk, text, 3gb data (including as hotspot) for $15 bucks a month. Other plans available.

I'm using up minutes built up on of one of TF lines and will let it go after that.

The only prepaid plan from TF for me after that will be a backup emergency phone.

TF data is too expensive these days. OP's right. Buyer's market now.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    If you are upset with TF, move on and don't look back. I haven't changed my profile but I'm now with US Mobile and very pleased with them. You create your own plan with as many voice minutes, texts and MB of data that you want per month. If you hover around their website for a minute or two, a dialog box will pop offering to send you a free SIM card.
    Thanks for mentioning US Mobile. With the possibility of a Tracfone Wireless buyout by Verizon next year, I have started looking at alternates. Would have to be running on Verizon (maybe AT&T), as T-Mobile is not very good in my area. They would have to build more towers to fix that, which will likely not happen for some time (if at all).

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    This site https://prepaidcompare.net/ had been mentioned before. I think the site owner also posts in this forum. It's a very good tool to shop for prepaid phone service. Select the parameters that fit your requirements and it'll show cost comparisons among different providers.