Thread: Is AT&Tís 5G+ areas of cities proprietary information??

Feedback Score

Is AT&Tís 5G+ areas of cities proprietary information??

Iím asking because thatís what AT&T advance tech support keeps telling me. And if true seems like false advertising if they can publicize cities that have 5G+ such as my city on their website why canít they tell me or anyone really where it is in their cities? And how does it make sense that Verizon and T-Mobile have no issue publicizing their 5g networks with interactive maps and AT&T wonít? Tonight I just got off the phone with a supervisor (after a rep said there were none) said there were like 20 towers in one zip code of my city etc but could lose her job if she does tell me....am I asking too much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Itís standard. A cellular company doesnít hand out information on where their sites are, for what should be fairly obvious reasons. Someone I know reached out to US Cellular for some information a couple years ago, and they too noted security/privacy concerns.
    - Bentley

AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    They should have a map of their 5G+ coverage like Verizon does. As it becomes more available(or if) perhaps they will.

Feedback Score

Is AT&Tís 5G+ areas of cities proprietary information??

Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    Itís standard. A cellular company doesnít hand out information on where their sites are, for what should be fairly obvious reasons. Someone I know reached out to US Cellular for some information a couple years ago, and they too noted security/privacy concerns.
    So then why does Verizon and T-Mobile? Yes I mean they give their 5g areas but you can find the towers especially in Verizonís case. And I didnít ask for specific sites but 5g+ areas in my state. They contradicted themselves by telling someone that they had 5g+ near a university here. But I had to give zip codes for one advance tech supervisor told me how many towers they allegedly have in each zip code downtown. But like I said. If Verizon and T-Mobile can give out the areas they have 5g+/UWB etc than AT&T can to. They also contradict themselves by giving out the areas they have low band 5g in select cities. So where are the security concerns there? And said areas they told me about donít show up any where on their ď5gĒ map on their website.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    They should have a map of their 5G+ coverage like Verizon does. As it becomes more available(or if) perhaps they will.
    They donít. And they probably wonít ever. Itís been over a year since they deployed 5g+ here so I donít believe it when reps say itís not here or that itís a security concern.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    They donít. And they probably wonít ever. Itís been over a year since they deployed 5g+ here so I donít believe it when reps say itís not here or that itís a security concern.

Right. They should be able to give a general area at least.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Maybe, Visible, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Right. They should be able to give a general area at least.
    This. AT&T has mmw in Baltimore (and Verizon- its mapped on cellmapper and i can see the panels via street view) but id rather not walk around endlessly in Baltimore, with a $1,300 phone.