Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone just erased over 10GB of my data

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Visible
    Feedback Score

Tracfone just erased over 10GB of my data

So i had 10.76GB of data and they transferred it to my new phone as 10.76MB. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and i was hung up on
    Last edited by YaWho; 09-22-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Call them back. Unfortunately, there is little to nothing anyone in this forum can do to help you resolve this.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to need the number of corporate Miami

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can't help you with that as I don't know. Hopefully another member may chime in to help you. Best wishes.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Check out this site: https://www.tracfone.com/contactus. Might be of help.

Often times, the Facebook, twitter and related links may be helpful in escalating requests. On the linked page above you will find direct links to those sites.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Check out this site: https://www.tracfone.com/contactus. Might be of help.

Often times, the Facebook, twitter and related links may be helpful in escalating requests. On the linked page above you will find direct links to those sites.
    thank you, i was transferred to corporate and so far I have recouped most of my data

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just wanted to add that this matter is not resolved as corporate is still making appropriate adjustments to my account.

edit: I do have the chat transcript with reference number showing what my balances should be

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know what this means? Under "support" I have a ticket number that states:

Type:
    IT TOSS
    Title:
    System Errors

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Before doing transfers, it might help (might) to check the balance online and screenshot it so the date/time shows. Or check the balance on the phone and screenshot it to show the time/date. The chat transcript balance check is more effective though because the CSR has to check it for you and it's documented in writing.

I've lost balances in a transfer between TF carriers AT&T and Verizon but luckily, the CSR restored it. I try to stay connected until the balances are verified so they can fix it if anything goes wrong.

Sent from my LM-X320 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Before doing transfers, it might help (might) to check the balance online and screenshot it so the date/time shows. Or check the balance on the phone and screenshot it to show the time/date. The chat transcript balance check is more effective though because the CSR has to check it for you and it's documented in writing.

I've lost balances in a transfer between TF carriers AT&T and Verizon but luckily, the CSR restored it. I try to stay connected until the balances are verified so they can fix it if anything goes wrong.

Sent from my LM-X320 using HoFo mobile app
    I have multiple screenshots with date and time taken during the 3 day process that this has been going on. And I have the chat transcript that was emailed to me clearly stating 10.75GB of data. I have talked to many CSRs and still I have only partially recovered my data, supposedly due to system limitations on their end. They claim the rest will be added today which should be an additional 1GB. They actually had the nerve to think I was going to let 1GB of data just slide. After all the crap they put me through, yeah, I don't think so. I have the proof of what I'm owed.

also, Alex, your mailbox is full

Feedback Score
    I like (really dislike & am disgusted by) when TF steals mins/txt/data/exp they'll restore them a little at a time. Like in increments. It's total BS of TF & it's their SOP.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I like (really dislike & am disgusted by) when TF steals mins/txt/data/exp they'll restore them a little at a time. Like in increments. It's total BS of TF & it's their SOP.
    And all the CSRs will just deny it. They all told me that the transfer was don't automatically by the system and therefore I had almost no data before the transfer. That data had been on my account for months because I hardly ever use data. How do they have no record of this?

Anyway, they haven't added the 1GB to my account yet and all the tickets I see when I log in have been closed.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YaWho View Post
    And I have the chat transcript that was emailed to me clearly stating 10.75GB of data. They claim the rest will be added today which should be an additional 1GB. They actually had the nerve to think I was going to let 1GB of data just slide. That data had been on my account for months because I hardly ever use data.
    You had 10.75GB and they've restored all but 1GB. You have all that data because you hardly ever used data. I understand the principal of "I want what is rightfully mine", but you got all worked up over something you won't ever used anyway.

Feedback Score
    Somebody paid for that GB and Tracfone has no right to steal it.

Just because you don't need something today, next week may be different.

Mail a GB card to Carlos and see if that makes sense.

OP may want to sell the airtime.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    You had 10.75GB and they've restored all but 1GB. You have all that data because you hardly ever used data. I understand the principal of "I want what is rightfully mine", but you got all worked up over something you won't ever used anyway.
    One of the things I like about TracFone is that minutes/texts/data all carry over. I think that is what keeps a lot of people with TracFone for so long. I've been with them since at least 2006, I had to check my emails because I wasn't sure. Anyway, I've been building up the buckets for a long time. I like to have the extra buckets there just in case. An emergency, a vacation, whatever... I don't think I ever specifically bought just data, it just keeps building up over the years as I extend my expiration date which is in late 2023 now. So yeah, I would like that GB back. I understand some people may find that unreasonable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast