Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Promo Codes & Rewards Program

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score

Promo Codes & Rewards Program

It seems like Promo Codes have stopped working after joining the Rewards Program. All three times I've bought data after joining the Promo Codes for 500 MB extra data for buying 1 GB did not work. The Promo Code validated like usual, but I didn't actually receive the extra data. Before joining the Rewards Program the Promo Codes always worked whenever they were accepted, so I presume this may be related. Skimming through the Rewards Program Terms, I don't see where this item might be addressed. I have not tried to contact customer support about this issue. Has anyone else used a Promo Code after joining the Rewards Program?

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post
    It seems like Promo Codes have stopped working after joining the Rewards Program. All three times I've bought data after joining the Promo Codes for 500 MB extra data for buying 1 GB did not work. The Promo Code validated like usual, but I didn't actually receive the extra data. Before joining the Rewards Program the Promo Codes always worked whenever they were accepted, so I presume this may be related. Skimming through the Rewards Program Terms, I don't see where this item might be addressed. I have not tried to contact customer support about this issue. Has anyone else used a Promo Code after joining the Rewards Program?
    I joined rewards 8/22. On 9/6 I added two 1GB PINs with 500 MB bonus codes and got the bonus data for a total of 3 GB added. The codes I used were 66975 and 78439.

There are multiple reports on the Turk Forum of bonus codes appearing to work but the bonus not being applied. The issue seemed to start on 9/7 with the most recent report of the problem on 9/18. It's hit or miss with codes working for some users and not others. Several users who did not get their bonus were able to get it resolved after contacting Tracfone, although the process is time consuming taking anywhere for 20 minutes to 2 hours.
    Last edited by Yeswap; 09-22-2020 at 09:38 PM.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback. I tried again with the code I didn't use and again it didn't work. This time I contacted support for the first time. They indicated their system didn't report a code being used. It took a bit of time using chat, but they asked for the code and added the extra data. Thanks for the information on your websites over the years.

Device(s)
    LG G7 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (BYOP AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I had a $50 off 1 year smartphone card accepted on 9/7/2020 (and I have screenshots showing I was to be charged $80.81 including tax for the $125 card) but I just noticed my credit card was charged the full amount, $134.34 including tax. I just got off the phone with the "refund department" (chat told me I had to talk to someone) and he said that he could only do a full refund, not a partial refund of $53.53. I asked what will happen to my phone balance? He said my line would be deactivated!!! I told him that was NOT acceptable, do not do anything to my account, and I will be calling Executive Resolutions in Miami tomorrow. This is the first time in a long time I have had any problems with Tracfone but $50 is quite a bit so I am going to pursue further.

Feedback Score
    I have not joined the rewards program and did not get the bonus data on 1 GB add-ons purchased on 8/19 and 9/5 after applying codes 14223 and 78439 without error. It is possible I previously used the same codes earlier in the year if that could be a factor - I didn't keep track.

Feedback Score
    I had a problem with the bonus code for the 1 GB card. It doubled my balance instead of adding the bonus. However, this did not work out in my favor. I got nowhere with Chat and also nowhere with a BBB complaint. They all claimed that the bonus code was applied. Sigh. At least it wasn't too much of a deficit.

Tracfone seems to treat bonus codes as easy-come easy-go. They advertise the moon and then deliver scraps when they feel like it. They have had plenty of time to make their computers work properly, but just don't care.

I guess they have been contemplating selling the business for a long time, because they are obviously not investing in excellence. But this attitude of indifference makes every transaction a gamble. They seem to have poor control of bonus codes and also customer accounts.

I hope Verizon can clean this up. U.S. regulated company vs. banana republic outfit.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J3 Orbit
    Carrier(s)
    GSM, VoLTE
    Feedback Score

Promo Code Applied at Sale, Not Given

Quote Originally Posted by kittycatblues View Post
    I had a $50 off 1 year smartphone card accepted on 9/7/2020 (and I have screenshots showing I was to be charged $80.81 including tax for the $125 card) but I just noticed my credit card was charged the full amount, $134.34 including tax. I just got off the phone with the "refund department" (chat told me I had to talk to someone) and he said that he could only do a full refund, not a partial refund of $53.53. I asked what will happen to my phone balance? He said my line would be deactivated!!! I told him that was NOT acceptable, do not do anything to my account, and I will be calling Executive Resolutions in Miami tomorrow. This is the first time in a long time I have had any problems with Tracfone but $50 is quite a bit so I am going to pursue further.
    I had the same thing happen to me this weekend. Used the 22448 code - $50 off and have the screen shot showing that the code was applied. My account did show the time/talk/text/data increases were applied correctly but my VISA bill was charged the full price of $125. Chat was worthless saying they don't give refunds but I called 800-867-7183 this afternoon and TF's Refund's department immediately saw my issue and said the refund would show up on my VISA card within a few days. Lets hope so, or I'll be calling back.

Device(s)
    LG G7 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (BYOP AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ionchase View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me this weekend. Used the 22448 code - $50 off and have the screen shot showing that the code was applied. My account did show the time/talk/text/data increases were applied correctly but my VISA bill was charged the full price of $125. Chat was worthless saying they don't give refunds but I called 800-867-7183 this afternoon and TF's Refund's department immediately saw my issue and said the refund would show up on my VISA card within a few days. Lets hope so, or I'll be calling back.
    I forgot to call today so I'll try tomorrow. Did that 800 number take you to Miami or did you get a rep in India? The refund department in India was willing to refund my purchase, but then he said my account would be deactivated. Not sure if that is true or not but I didn't want to take any chances.

Feedback Score
    So that's what happened.
    Mom ran out of texts a week or two ago, I bought her 1000+1000 as usual, and she got 1000.
    Not worth arguing about, but it would have been nice if the code had worked.
    Tracfone rewards referral code XQOQ-9C34 gives 8,000 points to new rewards members.
    Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Device(s)
    Galaxy J3 Orbit
    Carrier(s)
    GSM, VoLTE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycatblues View Post
    I forgot to call today so I'll try tomorrow. Did that 800 number take you to Miami or did you get a rep in India? The refund department in India was willing to refund my purchase, but then he said my account would be deactivated. Not sure if that is true or not but I didn't want to take any chances.
    I'd guess the CSR was in the US. His name was Kevin and didn't have an accent. The following is information gleened from HoFo years ago. Since the 800-867-7183 number was what I called I'm not sure about the comment below "(overseas - don't call this number!)".

Customer Service 305-715-6500
    or possibly 800-876-5753 ***
    Customer Service 800-867-7183 (overseas - don't call this number!)
    305-715-6500 or possibly 800-876-5753
    better CS at 800-876-5753 or the best CS at 800-626-4883

Device(s)
    Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know if this is still happening or if they got it fixed by now?

At this point I don't want to take the chance of using one. I don't think I've ever had an issue with promo codes before but I certainly don't want to have to waste more time with Tracfone customer service as I've already spent enough time with them this year.

Still liking their low prices for my needs though and hoping I can "buy" data with their new rewards program, since that's what I mostly use.
    My TracFone referral code is FZOU-CE7D which will give you 8,000 points.
    Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense Al View Post
    Anyone know if this is still happening or if they got it fixed by now?
    Promo code failure to apply is still happening. After my second failure in a month with a data card purchase, I chatted to try and get them to add the value manually. CSR rep said the could not do that, and a call was coming in 15 minutes. Call came and the rep said they added the 500 MB to my account after verifying the card purchase. See nothing after a day's wait.

Feedback Score
    They will claim that they are under no obligation to honor promo codes. I think it states that on the website somewhere. The same thing will happen to the rewards points.

Tracfone repeatedly gets itself into trouble for the same reason. They hand out candy and underestimate the results. Too many ways to play the system because of poor implementation.

There is no way they are going to give people years of free airtime for amassing rewards points.

Likewise, having dozens of iffy promo codes is just a recipe for complaints. They have all these promo codes so they can tell where you got it from. But it's for nothing because every code is shared all over the place. Everyone uses the same codes.

I can't see Verizon continuing these out-of-control giveaways. Never mind Tracfone's lousy fubar computer system adding to the problems.

The HSN/QVC deals will likely stop being a source of cheap refills. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the harvesting potential. The airtime is good, the phones are generally not so good. Likely disappointing to the folks who are testing the Tracfone waters.

Verizon will likely tighten up the business model.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post

There is no way they are going to give people years of free airtime for amassing rewards points.

My goal was to get ten years on two phone lines (12,500x20=250,000).

A month ago they were holding a woman up as an example of what we should strive towards, she had something like 5 million ($50,000) rewards points from spreading the word throughout the social media universe. Look at her, the rest of you should be more like her...

Then one of this forum's early adopters reported that their rewards code was being changed after every referral. And after four weeks and about 20 referrals, they're changing mine every time it gets used too.

Feedback Score
    People with a bonanza of rewards points are going to see those points get chopped off. There will eventually be a cap imposed. Tracfone isn't that stupid to give away the ranch. They have some time to figure this out. They can change whatever they want about the free stuff. The freebies are not guaranteed. I believe they even state this somewhere.

That bonanza woman is not going to get $50,000 of free airtime, mark my word. Tracfone can kill the program right now and claim it is overrun with fraud/abuse, goodbye, like the FedEx delivery thing. They can delay the start from November to whenever. They may have to consult with Verizon, who will bear the brunt of excessive freebies. I don't think Verizon will approve of it. Not to mention the other stuff Tracfone gives away in order to attract customers, such as the bundles. Tracfone can't manage the customers they already have.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast