Thread: Cannot send images on iPhone to non-AT&T users

Feedback Score

Cannot send images on iPhone to non-AT&T users

I've been on the phone with AT&T "support" and they've not been able to solve the problem of not being able to send images on my iPhone 11 to non-AT&T users. I can receive images from them with no issues though.

Anyone else have this problem?

Device(s)
    iPhones 7 and a iPhone 6s and 4 and a fire hd8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you were trying to send pictures to people without iPhones. What you need to do is open up settings and go to messages and under messages you will find an option to turn on MMS messaging. That will allow you to send images to non-iPhone users. But if you are trying to send text messages to non-AT&T users that have iPhones I don’t know what the problem is.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hamradio View Post
    If you were trying to send pictures to people without iPhones. What you need to do is open up settings and go to messages and under messages you will find an option to turn on MMS messaging. That will allow you to send images to non-iPhone users. But if you are trying to send text messages to non-AT&T users that have iPhones I don’t know what the problem is.

Nope, MMS messaging is already on. Still fails to send.

Device(s)
    iPhones 7 and a iPhone 6s and 4 and a fire hd8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comptalk View Post
    Nope, MMS messaging is already on. Still fails to send.
    Ok. Just to make sure do the people you text on another network have a iPhone or a android or a basic phone?

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comptalk View Post
    I've been on the phone with AT&T "support" and they've not been able to solve the problem of not being able to send images on my iPhone 11 to non-AT&T users. I can receive images from them with no issues though.

Anyone else have this problem?
    If you disable iMessage can you send to ATT users? Or if left enabled, send to ATT users that don't have iPhones?

Depending on where you used your phone before moving to ATT, there may be some vestige of its configuration in you r phone pointing to the old APN.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. Now using both eSIM and nano SIM. And also have a Galaxy a10e as a backup travel phone.

Feedback Score
    Either. Regular texts are received, just not images. Tried disabling imessage, but it still will not send images. It's a new iphone purchased at Apple.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    so narrowed down to either phone or ATT. Since new phone, maybe mis configured at ATT. Does the online web portal show the correct phone in your account?

Do you have another ATT compatible phone you can move the SIM to to see whether it works?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Probably this is too obvious and you have done it already, but have you tried resetting "Network Settings" in the iPhone?

Feedback Score
    Maybe go to AT&T corporate store, ask them to put your SIM in one of the demo phones known to work correctly. This may help to narrow down whether the problem is with the back-end configuration or phone setup.