Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Truphone: Alcatel 4052R (AT&T) SMARTFLIP my only option?

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Still no word from AT&T about my unlock request on the Smartflip I got at Best Buy...

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I finally got my AT&T unlock request approved for the Smartflip. I requested it around August 19th I think. I've had an H20 SIM in it since then and since that runs on AT&T, maybe that's why they granted the code.

The H20 SIM needs topped up in November or expires next month.

I haven't unlocked yet. I plan on it though.

I just posted to let anyone know that it may take a long time, but eventually they may grant a non customer unlock request. However I don't know if the H20 SIM had to do with it.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto X4, G Stylus, G Power, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, TextNow and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    I just looked through my emails to find the code that AT&T sent me. It is 16 digits like a TracFone code. To get a TracFone to prompt for the 2 codes (8 digit's each) you have to enter #TFUNLOCK#. I tried entering #UNLOCK# on the AT&T Smartflip and get "can't unlock now" at the top of the screen. This phone will not prompt for an unlock code by simply booting up with a foreign sim.

Feedback Score

San Fransisco

Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I finally got my AT&T unlock request approved for the Smartflip. I requested it around August 19th I think. I've had an H20 SIM in it since then and since that runs on AT&T, maybe that's why they granted the code.

The H20 SIM needs topped up in November or expires next month.

I haven't unlocked yet. I plan on it though.

I just posted to let anyone know that it may take a long time, but eventually they may grant a non customer unlock request. However I don't know if the H20 SIM had to do with it.

Did AT&T send you ORDER STATUS emails at the beginning? "We're doing a bit more research on your eligibility."

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gameon123 View Post
    Did AT&T send you ORDER STATUS emails at the beginning? "We're doing a bit more research on your eligibility."
    Yes, they sent those at the beginning then quit. The unlock approval surprised me because I figured they wouldn't grant it after so long. I haven't unlocked yet because the phone is active on H20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Yes, they sent those at the beginning then quit. The unlock approval surprised me because I figured they wouldn't grant it after so long. I haven't unlocked yet because the phone is active on H20.

Just looked back at your posts. Looks like about 2 months from your request? Wow! Their email continues with,"Thanks for your patience. We should have an answer for you soon." Guess I won't hold my breath.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gameon123 View Post
    Just looked back at your posts. Looks like about 2 months from your request? Wow! Their email continues with,"Thanks for your patience. We should have an answer for you soon." Guess I won't hold my breath.
    If you wait until cobwebs form, they may grant it. I suspect they only did because it was activated with an H20 SIM that's actually an AT&T MVNO. I'm not sure if they would have if it was dormant in a drawer.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Well, I attempted the unlock on my AT&T Smartflip. I used a TracFone Verizon SIM and a Hello Mobile (T-Mobile or Sprint?) SIM, both inactive.

The flip booted and it looked like the normal screen. I checked notices and it said SIM network locked. I selected it but it wouldn't open. I tried dialing the unlock code as a tel# and it didn't work.

In settings, the network settings were grayed out.

So... the phone was not able to be unlocked.

It may be because it's a model able to work on any network but it's just locked to AT&T? The TracFone Alcatel MyFlip that's similar is capable of operating on VZ or AT&T or T-Mo I think.

Maybe the Smartflip doesn't recognize the "foreign" SIMs as foreign and it locks the network with the wrong SIM, but doesn't request the unlock code? No idea.

I've unlocked phones before and they requested the code. AT&T LG Phoenix 2, Alcatel Ideal, and ZTE z222 unlocked just fine.

This flip seems to have a Catch-22 code. Get the code from AT&T after long wait but then it won't request the code so it can be unlocked

Well, the flip still works with AT&T MVNOs that don't require an unlocked device. I put my H20 SIM back in it. I had been hoping it could be used with Red Pocket if need be.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, TextNow and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Yeah it can't be unlocked.
    Got eSim? Get 5GB Free Data when you buy 1GB at Dent Wireless

https://dent.app.link/jfDzg93Ggbb

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I found this online. It didn't work for me. There's a device unlock code below like the one you use to unlock the TracFones.Name:  Screenshot_20201020-155246.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  37.3 KB

Sent from my moto g stylus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Got my unlock code yesterday and I'm getting the same results as you guys. No option to enter the code.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3