Thread: Does the WHPI 250GB Rural Plan get Throttled and/or Deprioritized? If so, when/why?

Feedback Score

Does the WHPI 250GB Rural Plan get Throttled and/or Deprioritized? If so, when/why?

If so, what are the parameters for when it will be throttled or deprioritized?

I got the plan several years ago and am still grandfathered in.

Some time in May, I started having issues where I would get "no internet" indicated on my phone WiFi and I could not pull up web pages on my Laptop although the home phone line(through the home base) still worked. Cell phone would still work, but it was still connected directly to AT&T, not to WiFi from the home base.

To restore WiFi from WHPI I had to Power Off and then Power On the base unit.

After a couple week of this I decided to replace my ZTE-700A, since it was old and outdated and MIGHT be causing the issue.

Got an IFWA-40 from EB and got Nano SIM from local AT&T store and it worked, but with same issue of "no internet" a couple/few times per day where I would have to PO/PO to get internet back.

After numerous chats/calls with AT&T they sent me a replacement unit. Same issue with it.

I bought another unit off of EB. Same issue with it.

With Covid, there is probably more cell traffic this year than in the past and I wonder if my tower/s may be overloaded and that may be why the issue started when it did.

Is there any way I can determine on my own if the IFWA-40 is being throttled and/or deprioritized? If so, how?

Is there a way that I can get the IFWA-40(has 1.23 Firmware) to restore internet on it's own? When it loses internet late in the evening, I will often go to bed without doing PO/PO before I go to bed, when I get up in the AM, it is still disconnected, regardless of whether I get up at 5AM or 8AM. I doubt that cell traffic is extreme at 5 AM so I would think it should restore on it's own, but that it not happening.

There are two AT&T towers(each approx. 3 miles away)that are line of site, except from some individual trees in the way. Per Cell Mapper on my phone, I ALWAYS seem to get signal from one of the towers. Any way I can get the IFWA-40 to choose the other tower?

Thanks, Joel

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This is a common issue with the ATT network and data devices right now. Some are saying it's intentional. Others are speculating it's a bug that's come up during network upgrades. The folks at MIRC say PepWave folks are contacting ATT and asking for a resolution or trying to come up with their own. This is being reported on numerous data plans.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    This is a common issue with the ATT network and data devices right now. Some are saying it's intentional. Others are speculating it's a bug that's come up during network upgrades. The folks at MIRC say PepWave folks are contacting ATT and asking for a resolution or trying to come up with their own. This is being reported on numerous data plans.
    Is Peplink actually contacting AT&T? I thought Peplink was telling users to contact AT&T and get AT&T to resolve their network issues.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    Is Peplink actually contacting AT&T? I thought Peplink was telling users to contact AT&T and get AT&T to resolve their network issues.
    According to the folks over at the MIRC -- Peplink was indeed trying to get some help from AT&T.

Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    According to the folks over at the MIRC -- Peplink was indeed trying to get some help from AT&T.
    MIRC = ? thx

Feedback Score
    I got a survey from AT&T today and filled it out letting them know about the issues I am having.

I have been using the Mark the Spot App on my phone a lot(dozens of times since June), when I loose internet.

Not sure if that is why they sent me the survey, but I don't recall ever getting a survey from them before.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    MIRC = ? thx
    Mobile Internet Resource Center

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Mobile Internet Resource Center
    oh the forum you have to pay $50 or $100 for that doesnt really have anything you can't find elsewhere? no thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    oh the forum you have to pay $50 or $100 for that doesnt really have anything you can't find elsewhere? no thanks.
    Not trying to be a smart a** but apparently you didn’t know that bit I just shared with you.

Feedback Score
    WHPI data is always depriortized.