Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What happened? Why is att in third place behind T-Mobile?

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 7 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOSteel94 View Post
    Why are people being this way about something like cell carriers? It's a means to an end and not something to get all uptight about.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    It was an old tactic to hijack meaningful articles and conversation years ago. And people naturally want to fell that what they are spending money on is the best thing out there. Even with the advancements made by T-Mobile, they probably would have never been in a conversation with AT&T and Verizon for subscriber count without the merger. Now that they are in the conversation, it means that T-Mobile actually can disrupt the other carriers enough to make them change their ways of doing business. If it does, consumers will win in the end. In the end, having more customers means nothing if you're not giving proper coverage. That's why I never had Verizon and switched away from Metro PCS years ago. Hopefully everyone keeps in mind that what works in one area may, or may not, work in another area and leave it at that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    It was an old tactic to hijack meaningful articles and conversation years ago. And people naturally want to fell that what they are spending money on is the best thing out there. Even with the advancements made by T-Mobile, they probably would have never been in a conversation with AT&T and Verizon for subscriber count without the merger. Now that they are in the conversation, it means that T-Mobile actually can disrupt the other carriers enough to make them change their ways of doing business. If it does, consumers will win in the end. In the end, having more customers means nothing if you're not giving proper coverage. That's why I never had Verizon and switched away from Metro PCS years ago. Hopefully everyone keeps in mind that what works in one area may, or may not, work in another area and leave it at that.
    It's funny that I was saying good things about AT&T earlier and now the tower by my house is down. The same one their technicians were at yesterday. I put my phone in the window sill at my signal dropped lower than I've ever seen at this location. I'm now connecting to a myriad of towers.

So yeah they all have outages but I'm just saying it's ironic that I said they're supreme at this location and now I'm having problems. Funny how that works.

I posted in the AT&T.com forums. Hopefully a rep can tell me more about what's going on. Not even sure if they were finished but seems like they were doing a backhaul upgrade and either aren't done or something went sideways.

But yeah I agree with you. Lol.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    To me, it's simply T-Mobile bought Sprint, simple as that; nothing's happened to AT&T. In the past, Verizon Wireless and AT&T Wireless leapfrogged for #1 and #2 a few times through mergers and acquisitions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    To me, it's simply T-Mobile bought Sprint, simple as that; nothing's happened to AT&T. In the past, Verizon Wireless and AT&T Wireless leapfrogged for #1 and #2 a few times through mergers and acquisitions.
    Might as well say AT&T and Verizon are neck and neck. If you want the best overall coverage, it's between those two, but some may have access to all in equal capacity or one, or none.

The first two are your best bet in rural areas.

Feedback Score

What happened? Why is att in third place behind T-Mobile?

To me it shouldn’t be about who’s best but we should be cheering on all three to be the best in cities/suburbs/rural so we have true options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    What metrics are they using? Are they counting all wholesale customers and IOT devices? Tablets? Wearables? These are the kinds of questions I always ask about these kind of claims.

Feedback Score
    I think that depends on where you live? In my area Sprint is dead last if you're considering before the merger. I still have a hard time with the idea of them merging because Sprint's coverage based on what I have seen in cellmapper is terrible.
    I did not consider Sprint to be a relevant competitor anymore. T-Mo finalized their purchase of Spint in April and is winding them down. FWIW, before T-Mo turned on 600 MHz here Sprint had better coverage than T-Mo. I used Sprint for a couple of years because I was gettting it for free. Free was about what it was worth.

Right now I'm on AT&T and sticking with them because they are the undisputed best at my house.
    Same here. Verizon is the only carrier with good signal inside my house. They are also very good all around where I travel. On a MVNO, I pay no more for Verizon than the others.

I hope everyone uses what is best for them.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Might as well say AT&T and Verizon are neck and neck. If you want the best overall coverage, it's between those two, but some may have access to all in equal capacity or one, or none.

The first two are your best bet in rural areas.

T-Mobile will certainly surpass att coverage in a few years if not earlier. With sprints spectrum in the mix it is just a matter of time. I can see verizon being unseated in five years.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    IMO, this thread should have been closed after it was created. OP is continuing to be an agitator against AT&T and the other users that choose to use their service.
    Why are you upset about all this? As long as your beloved att works for you then be happy.

Feedback Score
    I agree this thread should be closed

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Please close this worthless thread.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    T-Mobile will certainly surpass att coverage in a few years if not earlier. With sprints spectrum in the mix it is just a matter of time. I can see verizon being unseated in five years.
    That remains to be seen. They may have improved from where they were but I can tell you they have a long way to go. They're gonna have to lease space out on current towers in rural areas or build their own. Should be interesting.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 10+, iPhone XR, iPhone 7, iPhone SE & Netgear Nighthawk LTE hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Isn’t this because Sprint and T-Mobile merger and due to size made them a little bigger than att?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How is Sprint’s 2.5 GHz spectrum going to help them close a coverage gap? 2+2=10 around these parts I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL‎ ----------------------------------------------------‎ ‎Duluth, MN
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL) ---------------- 4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Maybe, Visible, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    All the B41 towers I've connected to lose speed and die after maybe 1/2 of a mile.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast