Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What happened? Why is att in third place behind T-Mobile?

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

What happened? Why is att in third place behind T-Mobile?

Att has certainly over done itself and is hurting its wireless division because of it. They need to follow T-Mobiles lead and concentrate on wireless instead of a losing satellite business.

Device(s)
    s20 ultra, nexus 6p as a backup fi phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    Att has certainly over done itself and is hurting its wireless division because of it. They need to follow T-Mobiles lead and concentrate on wireless instead of a losing satellite business.
    That's what happen when they merged, they received all the sprint customers and added it to there subscriber base. I doubt at&t is hurting on there wireless side, satellite probably wasn't the best thing they did

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    Here we go.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    s20 ultra, nexus 6p as a backup fi phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    Here we go.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    You're not wrong, but hopefully this won't turn out like all the usual fan boys talking trash, we'll see

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Trust me, this thread will be closely monitored for troll and fanboy comments. Such comments can and will be deleted and posting vacations are free and readily available for offenders.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    T-Mo is only #2 in their self-selected metric of subscribers that ignores a large number of AT&T customers. T-Mo remains dead last in coverage. What counts when you go to use cell service? Signal or the carriers subscriber count?

DirectTV is not hurting AT&T's wireless division. It is hurting AT&T's overall profitability. AT&T still made over ten times the profit that T-Mo did in the second quarter of 2020.

I can agree that from my armchair business analyst perspective that the acquisition of DirecTV does not look good in hindsight. AT&T will do fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    T-Mo is only #2 in their self-selected metric of subscribers that ignores a large number of AT&T customers. T-Mo remains dead last in coverage. What counts when you go to use cell service? Signal or the carriers subscriber count?

DirectTV is not hurting AT&T's wireless division. It is hurting AT&T's overall profitability. AT&T still made over ten times the profit that T-Mo did in the second quarter of 2020.

I can agree that from my armchair business analyst perspective that the acquisition of DirecTV does not look good in hindsight. AT&T will do fine.
    I think that depends on where you live? In my area Sprint is dead last if you're considering before the merger. I still have a hard time with the idea of them merging because Sprint's coverage based on what I have seen in cellmapper is terrible.

Right now I'm on AT&T and sticking with them because they are the undisputed best at my house. The nearest Verizon tower is 3+ miles away both north and south. The AT&T tower is a couple of houses down. They just did an upgrade on that tower yesterday and I now have even better signal and faster data through band 12. Verizon here is spotty as hell and T-Mobile is almost worthless. I know for almost fact that Sprint is dead at this location.

In fact my coworker lives in the suburbs of a small city and she gets poor service with Sprint.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    That post just got so stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Trust me, this thread will be closely monitored for troll and fanboy comments. Such comments can and will be deleted and posting vacations are free and readily available for offenders.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A Tech View Post
    That post just got so stolen.
    OK, don't know if that is a good or bad thing.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    IMO, this thread should have been closed after it was created. OP is continuing to be an agitator against AT&T and the other users that choose to use their service.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Over the last 5 months, I moved a line from T-Mobile to an ATT MVNO. Not due to any problems with T-Mobile, which generally worked fine for me where I live, and had improved on the highways. But with the uncertainty of Corona and possible furloughs earlier this year, I moved. Gave up my ability to use the cellular Apple Watch, but the premium cost of Postpaid wasn't worth it to me.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    IMO, this thread should have been closed after it was created. OP is continuing to be an agitator against AT&T and the other users that choose to use their service.
    I assure you if it gets out of hand it will be closed, hence my earlier comment. Remember folks, you have been warned already.

Feedback Score
    Why are people being this way about something like cell carriers? It's a means to an end and not something to get all uptight about.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No matter what is said in this or any other forum, it doesn't matter which carrier is declared #1, #2, or #3. It only depends on which carrier provides service where you live and use your phone. While a particular carrier may be #1 in a specific location, it could be #3 in the next town over.

Feedback Score

What happened? Why is att in third place behind T-Mobile?

It doesn’t matter to me what place the carriers are in. If they work where I need and the price is right I’ll be happy.

I think T-Mobile will get there but they still need to expand rural coverage and a 600 tower here and there won’t cut it. They need to fill in the gaps

T-Mobile has the tools so hopefully they use them to the fullest. T-Mobile is getting good, real good but they can’t quit and have more work to do

Plus competition is good for all of us

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Last edited by daisydoo; 08-13-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast