Thread: Cricket 5g

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Cricket 5g

Anyone else see this ?

[URL]https://www.cricketwireless.com/newsroom/news-release/samsung-5G-phone.html[URL]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman0222 View Post
    Anyone else see this ?

[URL]https://www.cricketwireless.com/newsroom/news-release/samsung-5G-phone.html[URL]
    Call me a pessimist.

"Cricket will soon offer 5G services to our customers on a compatible plan"

The reason I took my 10 lines from Sprint to cricket is because Sprint suddenly made my plan not compatible with an Android or apple phone, which of course was a blatant lie. I (through a friend) did get around it for a while by cloning my Android phones to have Sprint think they were PocketPC phones.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by affald View Post
    Call me a pessimist.

"Cricket will soon offer 5G services to our customers on a compatible plan"

The reason I took my 10 lines from Sprint to cricket is because Sprint suddenly made my plan not compatible with an Android or apple phone, which of course was a blatant lie. I (through a friend) did get around it for a while by cloning my Android phones to have Sprint think they were PocketPC phones.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
    Huh, funny

I would guess the only plan would be the Unlimited More, since that is the only one that is at "full speed"

Doesn't really matter to me to go buy a new 5G phone since I am more than happy running at my new speedy 8mbps on the Unlimited Core plan vs the 3mbps I used to get

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 7 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    I'm wondering how they define "5G". Having a speed cap on a 5G phone is like having a sports car in rush hour.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    I'm wondering how they define "5G". Having a speed cap on a 5G phone is like having a sports car in rush hour.
    Isn't it the same with 3G or 4G, both are far more capable than the 8bmps limit. I suppose there are other benefits than sheer speed alone.

Device(s)
    Z10, Bold, Galaxy S8
    Feedback Score
    https://www.cricketwireless.com/news...e-network.html

Just one locked phone, an $1100 Galaxy S20+? They need to have BYOD 5G phones and/or offer something like their version of the Samsung A51 5G, A71 5G, or Motorola Edge soon.