Thread: Help with Net10 Phone Deactivation

Feedback Score

Help with Net10 Phone Deactivation

Hi everyone. Apparently Net10 is discontinuing service for my phone. How do I keep my number?

A few days ago I got this text message:

"NET10: Your Service ends in 3 days! Add Airtime soon to prevent deactivation. Once that happens, you can't reactivate. Refill Today: my-nt.co/tbry"

So I bought a card at CVS as usual to add another month of service and it said it was added to my reserve.

However, the next day I got this text:

"NET10: Your Service ends in 2 days! Reply CVSAIR to 611611 while visiting your local CVS Pharmacy to purchase your plan at the register."

So now what am I supposed to do? I'm also getting identical messages from Tracfone which I've never received before.

I want to keep this number as I've had it for over 12 years without issue. Phone is an LG Lucky if that helps.

Can I just go to Walmart and buy a new phone, then when I activate it give them my old number? I had to do this four years ago when they discontinued 2G and deactivated the original Nokia I had through Net10.

Feedback Score
    Well, this time they are discontinuing CDMA, but not until the end of the year. If you want to stay with your underlying carrier (Verizon), you will need to purchase a new phone that runs on VoLTE Verizon instead of CDMA Verizon. That is an easy task, because the new phones are already compliant. Just ask us for recommendations.

As for the texts, I don't know what's going on, except that they are real, but mistaken. I would get onto the Chat feature and ask.

Feedback Score
    You activate a new phone with a direct transfer from the old phone. You don't mess with the new phone ahead of time. Chat will help you.

Feedback Score
    My local Walmart does not sell Net10 phones, but they do sell Tracfones.

How do I transfer my phone number to a Tracfone? Do I just buy a Tracfone off the shelf, then use the Tracfone website?

Also, how do I know if the Tracfones in the store are VoLTE Verizon compatible?

I'm running out of time, according to the texts my phone deactivates today, and I'm afraid I'll lose my phone number when it deactivates.

Feedback Score
    When you ask a Net10 CSR, what do they say? If you added a refill card that you purchased at CVS, a CSR will fix it for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSeamus View Post
    My local Walmart does not sell Net10 phones, but they do sell Tracfones.

How do I transfer my phone number to a Tracfone? Do I just buy a Tracfone off the shelf, then use the Tracfone website?

Also, how do I know if the Tracfones in the store are VoLTE Verizon compatible?

I'm running out of time, according to the texts my phone deactivates today, and I'm afraid I'll lose my phone number when it deactivates.
    If Net10 is like other TF companies you should be able to just activate the TF with the sim that comes in it right on Net10 with a transfer (same number) from your current phone. No need to activate it on TF itself. I'm assuming your current Net10 phone is Vzw. Most TFs come with a vzw sim. All phones sold now are VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    So I bought a card at CVS as usual to add another month of service and it said it was added to my reserve.
    How did you determine the airtime was added to your reserve? Account on the website?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    How did you determine the airtime was added to your reserve? Account on the website?
    It's on the Net10 website. It says my account is paid up until Sept 9 of this year, and that my phone is going to be deactivated at the end of this year instead of tomorrow like the texts say.

We'll see if my phone works tomorrow, lol.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Like rpz1 said, you can use any Tracfone branded phone since you are on Verizon towers. Tracfone has a good number of brands. If you want a for sure Verizon based phone, you can look at the Total Wireless phones. Those are the easiest to rebrand without any big issue.

Feedback Score
    It's on the Net10 website. It says my account is paid up until Sept 9 of this year, and that my phone is going to be deactivated at the end of this year instead of tomorrow like the texts say.

We'll see if my phone works tomorrow, lol.
    Not the first time the automated notifications were fouled up. The end of the year would be the shutdown of CDMA. The notice that you could not re-activate if loosing service is the VoLTE requirement.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    My fathers Net 10 was killed off without notice 3 times. Twice they reactivated it and the last time they would not. This was Tmobile. I've since moved him over to Pageplus using Verizon.