Thread: Tello vs. Mint

Feedback Score

Tello vs. Mint

looking to switch up my provider- I pretty much live in a dead zone for cell service,Verizon service used to work great here, now not so much for quite a while. We just had a storm with outages,and our cell service was garbage. I'm using Pageplus Cellular, spouse using regular old Verizon. I doubt any service will work great at my house, but still looking to switch to something similar to PP and save some $- Tello and Mint both look ok- opinions one vs. the other? I guess they're both running on T Mobile/Sprint,right?
    I posted in another thread- there's a 'try it out' package for .99 on Amazon for Mint, unsure if I can try this out in my current phone before switching service.... is it as simple as swapping out the sim to try Mint,and swapping old one back in if I want to keep PP?

Carrier(s)
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    I found this site helpful when doing my initial prepaid carrier research.

https://prepaidcompare.net/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hsmama View Post
    looking to switch up my provider- I pretty much live in a dead zone for cell service,Verizon service used to work great here, now not so much for quite a while. We just had a storm with outages,and our cell service was garbage. I'm using Pageplus Cellular, spouse using regular old Verizon. I doubt any service will work great at my house, but still looking to switch to something similar to PP and save some $- Tello and Mint both look ok- opinions one vs. the other? I guess they're both running on T Mobile/Sprint,right?
    I posted in another thread- there's a 'try it out' package for .99 on Amazon for Mint, unsure if I can try this out in my current phone before switching service.... is it as simple as swapping out the sim to try Mint,and swapping old one back in if I want to keep PP?
    What phone are are you using for Verizon and how is it not working as well now - talk, text, data? Depending on the phone, it may not work well or at all on the Sprint or T-Mobile network.

Tello runs on Sprint. Mint runs on T-Mobile. Sprint will be consolidated with T-Mobile at some point, but we don't know when. As of now, with Tello you just get the legacy Sprint network.

Feedback Score
    On mint you can activate wifi calling which should take over for poor cellular reception. Tello has it too, but it only allows outbound calls

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    What phone are are you using for Verizon and how is it not working as well now - talk, text, data? Depending on the phone, it may not work well or at all on the Sprint or T-Mobile network.

Tello runs on Sprint. Mint runs on T-Mobile. Sprint will be consolidated with T-Mobile at some point, but we don't know when. As of now, with Tello you just get the legacy Sprint network.
    iphone 6s (getting an 8 soon) our house is in an odd area, pretty much everyone loses coverage here....I can usually text or call (mostly) on PP, but data is gone,which makes me wonder,b/c I think it used to be better than this....