Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lg 125dl

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, OP5t
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone AT&T
    Feedback Score

Lg 125dl

I'm probably going to buy this phone for wife. Couple of questions.

1. I bought the TracFone AT&T sim kit a while back for my phone. I used the micro SIM. I still have the nano SIM from that kit, can it be used in this phone? (It's a 3x bucket, different sim#).

2. When I activate the sim online, do I select activate "TracFone" , or activate "byop"? I assume the later so I can enter sim#, and transfer existing phone#, so all minutes transfer. Right?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using HoFo mobile app
    TracFone Paygo
    Nexus 5, OnePlus 5t

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    If the ATT SIM card from your wife’s current phone is the same size , just swap the SIM card into the classic flip phone.

This phone is sold via Tracfone comes with a Verizon sim - to use it on ATT ( should work due to it being a DL model ) I think it will be a BYOP

set up - not totally sure on that.

If SIM card in current phone is a different size, then yes, you will need to activate a new sim for the new phone.

You can do this via “Chat” on the web , online on the tracfone website, or lastly ( not necessarily advised ) call their CS phone #.

I’ve had no problems with balances transferring doing this online by “adding a device” if starting a new sim, or other

transfers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
    1. I bought the TracFone AT&T sim kit a while back for my phone. I used the micro SIM. I still have the nano SIM from that kit, can it be used in this phone? (It's a 3x bucket, different sim#).
    All Tracfone accounts (except Unlimited) are 3 bucket. Do you mean its a TMFL kit that will triple the value of Basic plan cards? Those kits are rather old, and did have a different number for the nano SIM. Current kits have all 3 SIMs on one card with the same number.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post

This phone is sold via Tracfone comes with a Verizon sim - to use it on ATT ( should work due to it being a DL model ) I think it will be a BYOP set up - not totally sure on that.
    Tracfone will know the SIM is BYOP by the ID number.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, OP5t
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Her sim is micro. I have an AT&T nano that came with the micro I'm using. I pulled out the Verizon sim and put the AT&T in, waiting for it to charge.

Do I need the phone on to activate, or can I just do the "swap" online? I picked it up at Target an hour ago, $20! I looked and she's got 2500 minutes saved up over past 3 years. Hope they all stay with the account.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, OP5t
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Here's what my original kit was, maybe 3 years old.Name:  IMG_20200808_190420.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  53.7 KB

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, OP5t
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I noticed on the FAQ page there's a paragraph:

"Please note that when you complete a phone upgrade from a smartphone to a non-smartphone, you will not be able to transfer any remaining minutes in your account and will lose those minutes."

Is going from a Nexus 5 to this LG considered non-smart?

Feedback Score
    Is going from a Nexus 5 to this LG considered non-smart?
    The modern basic phones use the same 3 bucket plans as smartphones. The warning of losses were for transfers from smartphones to the old 1 bucket basic phones.

Feedback Score
    Do I need the phone on to activate, or can I just do the "swap" online? I picked it up at Target an hour ago, $20! I looked and she's got 2500 minutes saved up over past 3 years. Hope they all stay with the account.
    With that many minutes you had better use online Chat. You can verify the numbers during the session. I suggest having an open text file to give and save the discussion from the chat window. You just copy-n-paste either way.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Might check your minutes and screenshot it, then ask them to verify the account balance when starting the chat so it's in the chat transcript.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Do not give them the IMEI of the Lg 125dl or they will know it is not a BYOP. They will not allow you to put a BYOP SIM in one of their phones, they might refuse to change from Verizon to AT&T.
    If you will need days anytime soon, now is the time to handle that before activating the Lg 125dl

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    If you will need days anytime soon, now is the time to handle that before activating the Lg 125dl
    The OP's present phone is a BYOP, so there will be no add-on service days option either way.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, OP5t
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Her current days is on 90 day service, not sure when that ends. I wonder if it would be worth filing down her micro SIM into a nano, so I could just swap sims. Will the phone activate automatically with same sim?

I might just try to do the sim swap online and request same phone number and see if account moves with it. I would have thought once I remove the Verizon sim, it becomes a byop. Doesn't even mention Verizon on the box.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    TCAT, when convenient, hop on “Chat” via Tracfone website. Tell the CS rep you want to transfer the phone number and all airtime balances to

A different size SIM card - they call it a “Device” sometimes.

Have them put the current airtime balance in the chat script.

Like Tracfancier said, don’t give them the IMEI - say that’s not needed with an ATT sim.

And, like you mentioned, you’ve removed the Verizon sim from the new phone and put the new sim in it. When the CS rep is finished you

shouldbe able to turn it on and be good to go. Best wishes.

Feedback Score
    Her current days is on 90 day service, not sure when that ends. I wonder if it would be worth filing down her micro SIM into a nano, so I could just swap sims. Will the phone activate automatically with same sim?
    Don't chop down the old SIM to fit into the new phone, as there are thickness differences between a micro and a nano. Use the nano from your kit, and transfer service. The phone does not "activate" with a SIM swap, it just carries on the previous service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast