Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MiFi 8800L usage dispaly

Feedback Score

MiFi 8800L usage dispaly

Just got the 8800L MiFi. So far works great, but the device screen shows incorrect over lapped/garbled usage...10240mb 10240mb etc. No I haven't used 10240MB.
    I believe I was once told that the display reads in GB where as the MyVerizon usage is in MB. I thought that once I hit the GB of usage the display would show correctly. No it hasn't. All updates installed to date.
    Read only a couple things about this being a software issue; but no resolutions even from Vzw CSR. I haven't ventured into the Admin Settings software on the device to see what it reports in there. Pain having to log into MyVerizon to see my usage.
    Anyone have any info on this? Thx

Feedback Score
    did you try removing the battery for a few minutes ??

Feedback Score
    Just tried some factory resets. When you say remove the battery; with the device on or off ?
    This is my second device. First one Verizon sent had connection issues, but also had the garbled usage displayed. Exchanged it at a Verizon store. This one works great except the usage display issue also. Don't want to do anything to screw up how well it works otherwise.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Just tried some factory resets. When you say remove the battery; with the device on or off ? This is my second device. First one Verizon sent had connection issues, but also had the garbled usage displayed. Exchanged it at a Verizon store. This one works great except the usage display issue also. Don't want to do anything to screw up how well it works otherwise.
    either try removing the battery (on/off shouldn't matter) or use the jetpack Admin screen to restart the jetpack - https://community.verizonwireless.co...k/td-p/1128710 if these two suggestions don't work, then you may have to get it repaired or replaced.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    either try removing the battery (on/off shouldn't matter) or use the jetpack Admin screen to restart the jetpack - https://community.verizonwireless.co...k/td-p/1128710 if these two suggestions don't work, then you may have to get it repaired or replaced.
    Did the battery remove...no change.
    Did Restart from the display menu...no change (would restart from the Admin screen make a difference; those users in the Verizon community link had "black" screens so they had to go that route. Mines just the usage info on the screen)
    Did factory reset...no change.

May be the way Verizon is pushing the usage info to the device in MB instead of GB. If no other suggestions, maybe on my next renewal it'll be pushed correctly. I have an email into Inseego support (the manufacturer).

Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (both gens)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Iím having the same thing on my 7700L. I just got it set up on the prepaid jetpack plan a few dayís ago so Iím waiting for next months refresh to see if it changes and is just a bug on the first month.

Itíll be nice to be able to see usage (as my Verizon hates my phone) but I doubt Iíll use 16gb a month using it haha. I also have 16gb on my phone so I have a total of 32gb essentially, and I use maybe 8. I just wanted a hotspot device as it works better than the phone radio at work for when Iím doing schoolwork.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by voidleaf View Post
    Iím having the same thing on my 7700L. I just got it set up on the prepaid jetpack plan a few dayís ago so Iím waiting for next months refresh to see if it changes and is just a bug on the first month.

Itíll be nice to be able to see usage (as my Verizon hates my phone) but I doubt Iíll use 16gb a month using it haha. I also have 16gb on my phone so I have a total of 32gb essentially, and I use maybe 8. I just wanted a hotspot device as it works better than the phone radio at work for when Iím doing schoolwork.

Yes, I hope that on my renewal it will kick in and work correct too. Logging into MyVerizon on a computer to check usage is a data hog. Their website is in general. That's Verizon, bite you where they can. If I put the MyVerizon App on my phone (a different carrier) can I check my MiFi and use less data then on the computer web site?

Speaking of data usage. How accurate do you find what Verizon says you used vs what some data usage app on your phone or computer show?

Thx

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I hope that on my renewal it will kick in and work correct too. Logging into MyVerizon on a computer to check usage is a data hog. Their website is in general. That's Verizon, bite you where they can. If I put the MyVerizon App on my phone (a different carrier) can I check my MiFi and use less data then on the computer web site?

Speaking of data usage. How accurate do you find what Verizon says you used vs what some data usage app on your phone or computer show?

Thx
    Other phone should work as youíre just logging into an account and itís not checking against the device.

As far as data use Iíve not actually tested it, but I think Verizon is close to accurate based on a quick glance and knowing what Iíve used it for so far.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    I thought my plan renewed today, but apparently not haha. ď0 days until next cycleĒ. Guess Iíll check tomorrow to see if it fixed itself

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Just checked again. Showing the 10240/10240.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by voidleaf View Post
    Just checked again. Showing the 10240/10240.

Thanks for the update. I've been emailing Inseego (the manufacturer of the 8800L). Like most customer service they read from flip cards and really don't know much. At this point it seems to be the way Verizon pushes out the data in MB and the Mifi Software can't read or convert that, and needs GBs. Last email yesterday they said they're escalating the issue and will get back to me. We'll see.

I don't know if it's the same on phone plans but Verizon's data usage reporting is a confussing mess. It's in MB on their end per MyVerizon which could explain the Mifi display issue. But I'm surprised there's not more discussion of this. Also the times of use are way off. I even went by Verizon once saying they take blocks of usage every 6 hours or so and factored in GMT and still don't make sense.
    Even the reporting by StraightTalk on my backup hot spot is virtually immediate. And on my PagePlus phone, calls are accurate right down to the day and time.

As for usage accuracy, I use GlassWire and/or Networx on my computers. Verizons reported usage is 2%-10% more per day then what those apps show. For the past 2 weeks the average is 4% more on Verizon. Of course those apps can't be considered accurate.

Feedback Score
    Update: As mentioned before I contacted Inseego about the issue and they said they escalated it. I heard back from them and they said they have no idea about the issue. They never previously answered (and still haven't) whether the MiFi only is able to display in GB's or whether if Verizon pushes the usage data to the device in MB that could cause the issue. I don't know what dept. they escalated to (or if they really did) but apparently not their top tech or engineering support or they would know how all the software works and interfaces with Verizon.
    They offered a replacement if it's under warranty, which it is. But I'm hesitant to do that for the second time since the first one I had had the same issue plus general connection issues. This one just has the usage display issue and otherwise works great (knock on wood).
    My plan renews tomorrow so I'll see if that kicks it in but as @voidleaf reported that didn't change anything.

@voidleaf, any change on yours yet?

Still surprised I see no one else reported here on this since I have seen a couple reports elsewhere but no solution or if getting a new device worked. ? I'm still thinking it's on Verizon's end; maybe how they have the account provisioned. But of course they're clueless too.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Update: As mentioned before I contacted Inseego about the issue and they said they escalated it. I heard back from them and they said they have no idea about the issue. They never previously answered (and still haven't) whether the MiFi only is able to display in GB's or whether if Verizon pushes the usage data to the device in MB that could cause the issue. I don't know what dept. they escalated to (or if they really did) but apparently not their top tech or engineering support or they would know how all the software works and interfaces with Verizon.
    They offered a replacement if it's under warranty, which it is. But I'm hesitant to do that for the second time since the first one I had had the same issue plus general connection issues. This one just has the usage display issue and otherwise works great (knock on wood).
    My plan renews tomorrow so I'll see if that kicks it in but as @voidleaf reported that didn't change anything.

@voidleaf, any change on yours yet?

Still surprised I see no one else reported here on this since I have seen a couple reports elsewhere but no solution or if getting a new device worked. ? I'm still thinking it's on Verizon's end; maybe how they have the account provisioned. But of course they're clueless too.
    Still showing 10240MB/10240MB on mine, so no change. I think itís on Verizonís side because youíre running the 8800L and Iím on the 7700L which are by different manufacturers.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have the 8800 with the exact same issue

Feedback Score
    New Update. Continued talking (emailing) Inseego and emphasized that no answer is not an answer since it's either their software or how Verizon pushes the info to the device. And if need be they need to work with Verizon. They replied asking for screen shots of the display and the Admin page usage. Also confirmed I have the latest software update (2A) which I do. They also asked if I'm on PrePaid data plan; which I am.
    Today they replied that now they're escalating again to their engineering dept. and it appears to relate to Verizon and how data is pushed on PrePaid data plans.
    @voidleaf and @kneedragger32, I assume you're on Prepaid data plans since you're in this forum. I posted earlier about the same issue in the regular Verizon forum which is generally postpaid and got zero replies there. So maybe a prepaid only issue.
    @kneedragger32, how long have you had your device and issue?
    Stay tuned. Thx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast