Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tello Expiring Paygo Balances & Phone #s On 8/14/20 Unless Topped Up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    thu1227, did you make a call every month? Just curious because of the reference to inactivity in the email you received.

So far no email about my account and everything still works fine.
    Maybe I'm grandfathered in?
    Yes, I made a point to use the phone on the 1st of every month. I think they are talking about paygo purchase inactivity.

My last paygo top up was Jan 2018 (correcting my earlier post.) My last monthly plan activation/deactivation was Dec 2019. My final balance was $1.20 - not worth complaining about or nagging for a refund.

It is so easy and quick to activate a phone nowadays. I'm not so worried about not having a hot spare unless I'm traveling alone in the middle of nowhere.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just like that, both lines gone this morning... Of course these were old ringplus numbers, ported in in 2017, so not too bad. The free up is the last of the freebie lines. We'll see how long that lasts for.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Gonna assume mine from RingPlus is gone as well. Will check it later. Sort of crappy though as I never even recived an email that was stated here warning me directly from the company.

Not a surprise though. Back in 2017 when I ported a number out from then security was pretty low. They gave me my name before I told them my name after giving my number when I called asking for port out info

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Update. My account still shows my line and I have a $11 balance

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Just like that, both lines gone this morning... Of course these were old ringplus numbers, ported in in 2017, so not too bad. The free up is the last of the freebie lines. We'll see how long that lasts for.
    I got the notification today that my paygo deposit line was terminated. I had three phones for Ringplus - two active and one inactive for plan swaps. I did not bother porting R+ numbers. I put two of them on Tello with the $5 deposit of that time. The third I put on Freedompop since FP Sprint service used to get 1 GB a month. The Sprint FP lines got sold off to Ting so I cancelled that one. I gave one of the Tello phones to my sister to use as a hotspot. We switched that one to Tello monthly service - $5 for 500 MB.

My Tello phone was just a glovebox phone. I have moved my Truphone SIM to a phone I don't care about leaving in the car for glovebox service. Truphone still runs non-expiring paygo service.

No hard feelings for Tello. Live long and prosper. Who knows what will become of Sprint MVNOs.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I got the email for one of my accounts today, but not for the other two. I have two for myself and one I take care of for a friend.

"We noticed that more than 90 days have passed since your last order.
    As stated in our Service Agreement your Tello number +1 (XXX) XXX XXXX together with your Pay As You Go balance (if any), will automatically expire on 08/21/2020.

To keep this number and avoid service termination you can go ahead and subscribe to a Tello plan (starting at $5) in the following days. Regardless of any account activity (call, SMS, data usage), your number will expire if no order is registered by 08/21/2020."

Looking in my order history, my last order was 4/03/2019. I will probably use the heck out of this phone for the next week and let it expire, but I may do some experimenting to see what qualifies as an order to reset the 90 day clock.

And speaking of order history, I just looked at the order history for my other account and it shows that I moved my service to a new phone on 6/04/2020. I wonder if that reset the 90 day clock for that account.

06/04/2020 10:51:23 PM 3896539 Tello line $0 Successful

Feedback Score
    I don't know why people didn't ask for their balances to be refunded. I did & like 3 days later Tello refunded my entire balances.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for replies to my threads.

I am in same situation with Tello pay as you go plan. I am not using minutes. I have a sprint CDMA phone wit Tello Pay as you go plan.

As the Tello change pay as you go plan model, what are the alternate to look?

Where are you guys moving from Tello Pay as you go plan?

Thanks for your guidance.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMDHoward View Post
    Thanks for replies to my threads.

I am in same situation with Tello pay as you go plan. I am not using minutes. I have a sprint CDMA phone wit Tello Pay as you go plan.

As the Tello change pay as you go plan model, what are the alternate to look?

Where are you guys moving from Tello Pay as you go plan?

Thanks for your guidance.
    What type of usage are you looking for, in terms of minutes and texts per month? Do you want data and how much? Smartphone or simple flip phone?
    Do you have a phone for other carriers or only Sprint? Do you want a new phone?

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    What type of usage are you looking for, in terms of minutes and texts per month? Do you want data and how much? Smartphone or simple flip phone?
    Do you have a phone for other carriers or only Sprint? Do you want a new phone?

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using HoFo mobile app
    I have LG Tribute HD phone signed up with Tello under BOYD plan. I use minutes/text/data only for emergency.

I picked up Tello to maintain my cell number. My usage 10-25 minutes for 3 months.

Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I don't know why people didn't ask for their balances to be refunded. I did & like 3 days later Tello refunded my entire balances.
    As previously noted on this thread, I have requested a refund repeatedly in emails to the address on the email they sent me last week, an address I have successfully used to communicate with them in the past. They have ignored eight such emails. Not a single reply.

In addition, I filled out the contact form on the web site. No reply to that, either.

I'm glad you had better luck, but they stole my money. No response of any kind from the thieves.

Tello's business address is a UPS Store mailbox. The Registered Agent for both entities was Abdul Tawab Molvi, using the same mail drop.
    A 2018 FCC filing stated that "Mr. Molvi, a U.S. citizen, is the 100% owner of Tello Comm," but FCC documents show a request to transfer full ownership to several people in Romania, primarily Florin Miron, a Romanian citizen, in Sibiu, Romania.

They're registered in Georgia as a Limited Liability Corporation, which allows them to hide the names of their officers and only show the former owner, Mr. Molvi, as a contact.

(See https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...7#post17096617)

I hope TMobile investigates them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    As previously noted on this thread, I have requested a refund repeatedly in emails to the address on the email they sent me last week, an address I have successfully used to communicate with them in the past. They have ignored eight emails in a little over a week. Not a single reply. In addition, I filled out the contact form on the web site. No reply to that, either.

I'm glad you had better luck, but they stole my money. No response of any kind from the thieves.

Tello's business address is a UPS Store mailbox. The Registered Agent for both entities was Abdul Tawab Molvi, using the same mail drop.
    A 2018 FCC filing stated that "Mr. Molvi, a U.S. citizen, is the 100% owner of Tello Comm," but FCC documents show a request to transfer full ownership to several people in Romania, primarily Florin Miron, a Romanian citizen, in Sibiu, Romania.

They're registered in Georgia as a Limited Liability Corporation, which allows them to hide the names of their officers and only show the former owner, Mr. Molvi, as a contact.

(See https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...7#post17096617)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMDHoward View Post
    I have LG Tribute HD phone signed up with Tello under BOYD plan. I use minutes/text/data only for emergency.

I picked up Tello to maintain my cell number. My usage 10-25 minutes for 3 months.

Thanks for sharing.
    The easiest thing to do would be to stay with Tello on the $5 or $6 plan (plus tax).
    Last edited by millept; 08-14-2020 at 10:28 PM.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tello won't refund any of the ringplus account balances - it was a promotional coupon applied at time of port in.

Feedback Score
    Yeah mine was real money.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast