Thread: Anyone have Shaw Mobile yet?

Feedback Score

Anyone have Shaw Mobile yet?

Just wanting to know how you find the service? I'm told areas that Freedom Mobile provides "fringe" service in actually have full Shaw native coverage which means there's preferential treatment to Shaw customers whether that's through some type of tower configuration or WiFi Hotspots.

Curious on hearing feedback from those who have activated and are using the service.

Device(s)
    Huawei Mate 20 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Zoomer Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I would if I can port in a Toronto number as one of the free lines and use it in Toronto, but their robotic online chat couldn't answer my question.

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sable View Post
    I would if I can port in a Toronto number as one of the free lines and use it in Toronto, but their robotic online chat couldn't answer my question.
    I think they’ve been pretty clear that it’s BC and Alberta only for now.

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have signed up for the voice and SMS plan and have only tested it in Richmond.

Haven't been back to HoFo for a very long time, btw.
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Wow. I haven't been here in a while. I see no Shaw Mobile sub yet. I guess most people are posting now on RFD. This used to be the goto place.

I for one am very concerned that Shaw's current [promotional] offer will end sooner than later. That's a signature trademark with Shaw.

I just read that Shaw has partnered roaming agreements with the big three and they have no plans on releasing any promos to counter the Shaw...not even with their flanker brands.

People report better speeds than with Freedom. I suspect it's because there's less congestion on Shaw's channels than with Freedom. The roll-out hasn't been very good either with Shaw not providing accurate info.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, OnePlus One, Moto E 2nd gen.
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    There is no Shaw Mobile network, the existing Freedom PLMN (302 490) is used and it is the exact same spectrum as before. Not even B71/600MHz was added with the launch. They may have a higher priority QCI for their APN which would help if a tower is overloaded if they've set that up.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p and Iphone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I also got Nationwide service in Calgary where I had no Freedom Coverage. 1.2 meg worth.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G7, Iphone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Public Mobile, Shaw Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got 2 sims where I am but had to get another town phone number because ..... Their terms say they can for too little useage, too much useage, useage out of the Shaw area(using nationwide mostly) !!!!
    $0 is good for backup and if they get here it may be what I use and cancel my PM
    Last edited by dennism3; 08-15-2020 at 02:50 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I have a really good Koodo plan. it's less than a dollar more expensive after taxes a month and the $5 monthly credit expires in February. I haven't had much luck referring people over to Koodo.

The last thing I want is Shaw to raise their rates for this Shaw Mobile plan by $5 or $10 in January or February. They're terribly sneaky....even though Freedom isn't that bad. I guess it's like Rogers and Fido?