Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile says itís now the Nationís #2 Wireless Carrier

Name:  IMG_0181.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  79.5 KB

T-Mobile used its quarterly earnings report to announce that it has leapfrogged AT&T and is now the nationís No. 2 wireless provider following its blockbuster $26.5 billion merger with Sprint that closed April 1.

The Bellevue, Wash.-based company added 1.25 million subscribers in the second quarter ending June 30. T-Mobile now has 98.3 million customers with the addition of Sprint subscribers, ranking second in the U.S. behind Verizon. Thatís up from 68.5 million customers at end of Q1.

https://www.geekwire.com/2020/t-mobi...r-passing-att/

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    ďThe Internet wasnít meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so itís insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead ó itís a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.Ē John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/t-mob...200100963.html

1,245,000 total net additions, best in industry

1,112,000 postpaid net additions, best in industry

253,000 postpaid phone net additions with postpaid phone churn of 0.80%

133,000 prepaid net additions with prepaid churn of 2.81%

98.3 million total customers at the end of Q2 2020, 2nd most in industry

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/t-mob...200100963.html

Americaís largest 5G network covering more than 250 million people across 1.3 million square miles, more than double AT&Tís geographic coverage and exponentially more than Verizon!

More than 10 percent of Sprint postpaid customer traffic has already been moved over to the T-Mobile network and site decommissioning has begun

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 7 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    And now people will understand part of why AT&T and Verizon opposed this merger. Verizon still has a sizable lead, but things are too close for comfort. If they keep their promise of lowering prices and can keep up network performance, this will be the game changer people who wanted this merger said would happen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    And now people will understand part of why AT&T and Verizon opposed this merger. Verizon still has a sizable lead, but things are too close for comfort. If they keep their promise of lowering prices and can keep up network performance, this will be the game changer people who wanted this merger said would happen.
    In the northeast the network has really tanked especially since theyíve given back the dish 600 MHz licenses . Hopefully itís just part of merger growing pains. The closest site to my house was just upgraded with 2.5 GHz . Speeds and service have degraded significantly , Iím waiting to see if itís an optimization issue.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    When did AT&T or Verizon ever publicly oppose this merger?

AT&T and Verizon still have a sizable network quality lead over T-Mobile in rural areas. Now, because T-Mobile no longer has to give away free lines to get subs, AT&T and Verizon can charge more for their service. I doubt investors are too pressed about the merger. Just higher margins from AT&T and Verizon which means more money in their pockets.

Chicago, IL‎ ----------------------------------------------------‎ ‎Duluth, MN
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL) ---------------- 4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 7 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    In the northeast the network has really tanked especially since theyíve given back the dish 600 MHz licenses . Hopefully itís just part of merger growing pains. The closest site to my house was just upgraded with 2.5 GHz . Speeds and service have degraded significantly , Iím waiting to see if itís an optimization issue.
    I haven't been in the northeast in a long time, but I remember my old Sprint service being good in areas where T-Mobile wasn't as good. But that was more of the tri-state area. Not sure about further up in New England. Out towards Colorado it was the same way, even in areas where T-Mobile advertised LTE. Inside of buildings, T-Mobile was getting under 1 Mbps and calling was a no go unless you could call over wifi. Once they fixed the network. it wasn't uncommon to average speeds of 50+ Mbps. Even on Fi, I would sometimes get about 103 Mbps on T-Mobile's network.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Nothing has really changed in the West. I do hope that TMobile keeps its bit as 'low cost' competitor and gives the performance that it claims. Verizon will feel some heat in urban markets for performance, and AT&T for cost.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I feel T-Mobile doesnít have the coverage capacity in place to actually be #2

These rural/urban TMO cell sites that still have just 1900Mhz LTE arenít going to cut it when the nextdoor Sprint sites have 800/1900/2500 Mhz LTE

Every Sprint and T-Mobile customer I know (Including TMO myself) has seen cell service go rapidly downhill since the merger

They should of let TMO customers roam on Sprint towers as well instead of just just letting Sprint customers roam on already overloaded TMO towers

I really feel for the Sprint customers (And I know a few) who transferred over from Sprint to TMO and went from somewhat good coverage to horrible congestion

This merger is going to be a lot worse I feel than the Metro-TMO merger years back

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Like other mergers/transitions.. Some areas may be rough. Until TMobile adds more spectrum AND backhaul, quality will drop. If TMobile notches this... AT&T and Verizon will be waiting to capture them.
    I'm curious as to how Sprints network will be merged.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by formercanuck; 08-06-2020 at 10:58 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MEDIX1011 View Post
    This merger is going to be a lot worse I feel than the Metro-TMO merger years back
    This merger is a lot larger than anything previous, and is going to take some time to integrate. I think TMO is taking too much Sprint spectrum for 5G, and LTE will suffer. Widespread 5G use is not now, but a few years from now.

Feedback Score
    I really wish Tmobile customers could roam on sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ∑T∑∑∑Mobile∑ USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan31 View Post
    I really wish Tmobile customers could roam on sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sprintís core was trash, and not anything standard (the reason they did not do VoLTE for so long)... itís not worth the cost/effort to enable it for T-Mobile customers to just take it down in a few months.

T-Mobile is moving pretty quickly and everywhere Iíve used it, T-Mobile has been slightly slower in some spots.. but still ďfineĒ for normal person standards. I feel theyíre handing this a lot better than AT&T Wireless/Cingular did with that turd of a network integration.

Yes, there will be growing pains.. but in ~6-12mos when they can most likely start the big push to take Sprint subs off the L-Sprint network and quickly refarm in Sprint markets, things will be way better, then they can focus on the non-Sprint areas getting all the spectrum assets integrated.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more ďruralĒ areas)

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think they're on their way to be number 1.

Sent from my F1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    As was my concern before the merger my concern still is the MVNOs. I'm convinced within 5 years almost all MVNOs will be gone or will not be competitive on pricing.

It'll just be Cricket, Metro, Visible & the big 3 prepaid namesakes all wholly owned by the big 3 so not MVNOs.

The only remaining MVNOs will be the Tracfone companies & whatever we'll call Dish if by then if they don't have their own network.
    Last edited by zapjb; 08-07-2020 at 03:01 PM.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast