Thread: Activated ZTE z222 3g on Pay As You Go $10/90day

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score

Activated ZTE z222 3g on Pay As You Go $10/90day

It should read REactivation since it's had two previous H20 PayGo SIMs in it, but I decide to try activating the little flipper again since AT&T hasn't axed 3g yet or stated that only 4g LTE phones would be activated (or atleast not to my knowledge).

The activation went fine. I ordered the SIM kit from the H20 website 7/27/20 Monday and it arrived by USPS First Class in a bubble mailer 7/5/ Wednesday. It was $10.46 for the SIM kit + tax (California). Last time I bought a SIM kit from them they charged $5 for shipping. No shipping this time.

I activated today at the website.

When I entered the Act Fast code in the text box that says enter that or the SIM#, I typed the Act Fast code as it appears on the card, xxx xxx xxxx. An error code said enter a number. I thought about it for a moment. Instead of entering the SIM # instead (which might lose my Act Fast code benefit of $10 funds-- wasn't sure if it would) i deleted the spaces so the number read xxxxxxxxxx. Then it accepted the code and up popped the SIM #.

I chose area code to activate in, and city/town. I don't know why it doesn't just ask for zip code, instead it has a list of towns or cities. My town wasn't on the list despite it's bigger than the town just south of here along the same highway. But it's close enough so I chose that one.

The activation was fast. Within just a few minutes the z222 had its number and its loot. I placed three brief calls and sent one balance inquiry. All good.

The phone updates came through quickly for WAP browsing GPRS, MMS GPRS, and internet browser GPRS. It loaded promptly and said successfully.

I don't expect to use this line/ device for MMS, mostly for occasional usually brief calls.

I've noticed that the little flip always updates successfully when I've installed H20 SIMs. Not so any smartphone I've put H20 SIMs in. Those get the message saying that the updates would come but they didn't. Those probably had to be manually updated but I put the SIM back in the z222.

Until they boot the little 3g flip off the network for not being 4g LTE or VoLTE able, I'll probably leave the SIM in the ZTE.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    So far the new H20 number is quiet, no spam spam spam spam. As quiet as cells were in the old days before the robo marketers started bombing everybody. One of my other H20 phone numbers was this quiet.

I ordered a Hello Mobile SIM kit, not so good.

They required I activate the line before they'd ship, and as soon as activated with a number, I began getting debited for calls on my monthly minutes.

How on earth can a SIM sitting in a warehouse be receiving calls? The deduction of minutes is only 23 so far, but a huge long string of numbers on the phone record, all calling my assigned number, must be very brief if only 23 mins deducted, but how can the minutes be charged if the SIM isn't in a daggone phone? Who's answering it?

I called the number three times from three different numbers and saw two of them on the call list.

When I called, a robovoicemail message spoke the number and there was a beep. So I'm thinking these people who are calling are getting voicemail and somehow this is being charged as if the phone was answered.

I much dislike the required activation of the line before shipment because now it must be getting spam bombed by robo calls or whatever and will continue to be all the way through shipment if I can't cancel the service. I don't want nor need a spam flatulant number.

The shipment is likely to be two weeks (UPS Mail Innovations took 3weeks to deliver a package of cell covers recently). The website said 5-10 days expected delivery, but some BBB reviews said much longer in some cases.

This is a monthly plan and by the time i get the SIM, half the first month's service will be expended.

Activation before shipment is cockeyed. I only reluctantly agreed because they didn't tell me til after I ordered that I'd have to activate before they would ship. As soon as the phone number was assigned, calls began reeling in.

The person who last had that number must've been on every debt collection agency's call often list, or they had a heavy social life.

Very much the opposite of the quiet H20 number I was assigned.

I resent so much that idiocy of activation before shipment, with the spam calling going on, that I've tried to contact Hello Mobile to cancel the order and refund.

Their service desk is usually out to lunch when I try to chat or call.

BBB and FCC are now hearing from me.

No to Hello Mobile, Should be Hi&Bye Mobile.

There's a thread on them in the General discussion forum. Not nice to read once it reaches the point where I entered the conversation.

Feedback Score
    Hello mobile sound a lot like Freedom Pop's way of doing business. 2 weeks to get a SIM to you is ridiculous. I got that same delay from FP, I contacted c/s, they gave me an extra month. You might try another way of contact like chat, twitter or facebook. Some Facebook ads you can leave comments. Look Hell mobile up on Reddit.

If your phone is Sprint compatible, put it on Tello, they have the cheapest tt&d. But data is usually 1.5 -3 mb/sec.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dfriz View Post
    Hello mobile sound a lot like Freedom Pop's way of doing business. 2 weeks to get a SIM to you is ridiculous. I got that same delay from FP, I contacted c/s, they gave me an extra month. You might try another way of contact like chat, twitter or facebook. Some Facebook ads you can leave comments. Look Hell mobile up on Reddit.

If your phone is Sprint compatible, put it on Tello, they have the cheapest tt&d. But data is usually 1.5 -3 mb/sec.
    I just requested cancelation on the Hello Mobile account. No trouble doing it, I was surprised.

They said I couldn't remove mode of payment without adding another first, but could turn off autopay when the SIM arrived (presumably inserted in the phone).

The CSR also said all the calls (mostly from the same two numbers) were just test calls to make sure the line was working and that they wouldn't be charged. I said they had already been deducted from my monthly balance. She didn't seem to know what to say to that.

Strangely, the SIM arrived in the Frisco bay area around 5am today, that's fast, but then I had a UPS Mail Innovations package stop moving when it arrived in the central valley about 40 miles from home. The estimated delivery froze in the past and presumed lost or label damaged. So i thought this one might be painfully slow. Now it doesn't matter because the Hello account is canceled. I tried calling the number the SIM was provisioned with, and still get the robo voice speaking the number, saying to leave a message. So it may still be provisioned in the system.

I did get a form email saying that my payment would be refunded within a few days.

I've heard of Tello & will probably look at them again, but for now going to reflect on the options. I moved too fast on signing up for Hello, so am going to be a slow poke from here on. I definitely don't want a plan that requires registration of my debit for auto pay. I like plans that have a variety of payment options like PINs.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    This H20 telephone # I recently activated is extremely quiet. No spam at all, nada.

All three of the H20 numbers I've gotten, the last four digits began with a 7. They must have a block of numbers beginning with 7's. The numbers they gave me were easy to remember.

I really as of yet don't need to put the SIM in a flip that has blocking, although the AT&T Smartflip has it.

This phone is to associate with one of my GV#'s and I don't expect to use it often, but I like it. I like testing a number for awhile before deciding to put more funds on & extending the service end date. This is one that I'd like to have around for awhile.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I put my H20 SIM in my AT&T Smartflip that I got at BestBuy and it updated fine but now AT&T wants to send it some update. I bypassed just in case it would overwrite my H20 settings.

Anyone experience this with the Smartflip after installing the H20 SIM?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    The AT&T update came through automatically and the Smartflip rebooted. H20 service didn't seem to be affected. Not sure what the update was, but probably just a security patch.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, G Stylus, G Power, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, TextNow and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I put my H20 SIM in my AT&T Smartflip that I got at BestBuy and it updated fine but now AT&T wants to send it some update. I bypassed just in case it would overwrite my H20 settings.

Anyone experience this with the Smartflip after installing the H20 SIM?

An h20 sim is an at&t sim. It's at&t service after all. When I need at&t service I activate using an h20 sim. I stocked up when you could get them from Amazon for 1˘.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    An h20 sim is an at&t sim. It's at&t service after all. When I need at&t service I activate using an h20 sim. I stocked up when you could get them from Amazon for 1˘.
    That's good info. So alternatively, should be able to use an unactivated AT&T SIM for H20 too.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, G Stylus, G Power, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, TextNow and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    That's good info. So alternatively, should be able to use an unactivated AT&T SIM for H20 too.

Never have tried that but I don't know why it wouldn't. Remember you can use an TracFone at&t sim on at&t also.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Never have tried that but I don't know why it wouldn't. Remember you can use an TracFone at&t sim on at&t also.
    Never attempted to use a TF AT&T SIM on an AT&T phone but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the info.